COULD SOMEONE LET THE CHANNEL SEVEN COMMENTRY TEAM KNOW WON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

merlin
Club Player

COULD SOMEONE LET THE CHANNEL SEVEN COMMENTRY TEAM KNOW WON

STILL GOING ON ABOUT HOW GOOD GEELONG ARE!!!!
DO THEY KNOW THE SAINTS WON????????
THEY GIVE ME THE S***S

saintDal
Club Player

But they were missing Johnson and Ottens so really they played a better game against the odds. Pretty hard to win when your missing guys like that. They put in a real spirited performance and should be proud for getting so close to a full strength Saints team :roll:

stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

They may have been missing players.. but the umpire filled their spots.

battye
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:But they were missing Johnson and Ottens so really they played a better game against the odds. Pretty hard to win when your missing guys like that. They put in a real spirited performance and should be proud for getting so close to a full strength Saints team :roll:
Johnson out.........Hudghton out
Ottens out..........King out

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I though Max and King had quiet days aswell....

James
Club Player

Umm we were missing two superstars in King and Hudghton too.

Also we made two consecutive Preliminary Finals with half our side out injured once. Plus we were shafted out of winning one.

So don't talk crap.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
saintDal
Club Player

Sorry I was being sarcastic. Thought that might be obvious.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:Sorry I was being sarcastic. Thought that might be obvious.
But the whole of Channel 7 are too busy hero worshipping and sucking off Dimwit and high-fiving each other over the shift of game time to suit TV.

They don't give a stuff about the match result!

robbo_25
Club Player

[quote="stkfc_obsessed"]They may have been missing players.. but the umpire filled their spots.[/quote]

True that

robbo
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They were all going for Geelong, no doubt.

It's almost like people are seeing that we have closed the gap, and it's the end of an era of dominance by Geelong and they don't want to let go.

Oh and Leigh, it's frustrated...not fustrated!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Even the frees they questioned the ones the cats should have been given, and when it was obvious the umps missed a saints one there was silence.

Before Im 85
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Commentary notwithstanding..they had a chance to show a classic shot when the siren went...and they blew it..

With 5 secs left Gardy chipped it back to Blake(?) and the camera showed him with a massive expanse of Level 1 chokkas full of Saints fans in the background..which would have exploded when the siren went..but no...they cut to a closeup of Roo 2 secs before the siren...who pumped his fists but it was hardly hysteria

rthe following 60 secs where they played the song and the crowd were belting it out with rare gusto..all they showed were exhausted players..not one single crowd shot until a static shot of a flag draped over a stand after the song finished.

Amazing seeing as they banged on all day about the atmosphere and how loud the crowd was.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

stkfc_obsessed wrote:They may have been missing players.. but the umpire filled their spots.
How true. They did their best to keep the Cats in it early. It was like the sort of charity you see when it's top against bottom and they're trying to even it up a bit. Some of the decisions were flabbergasting. The advantage free to Geelong in the last 5 mins was a shocker as well, though, but we had at least 2 dud advantage calls that weren't advantageous during the game.
I was right behind Ablett when he marked the ball in the first quarter and he clearly went off his line to the left. Jones put his arm out to block him from running off (what's he supposed to do, just let him run around him???) and the ump paid 50. It was a dreadful decision and gave them their first goal, when they hadn't really looked like getting one. They then got another one a minute or so later. If not for the first one, they may have been 5 zip down at quarter time (they were both in the last few mins).
What I will say about the Chanel Seven coverage (from watching the replay on Foxtel) is that the stupid extra camera angles are a huge pain in the ass to watch. Like showing it from the roof and other ridiculous angles, that do nothing but ruin the flow and frustrate. I hope they get rid of them ASAP.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we just point to the scoreboard and move on.

We just beat the best team in the land over the last couple of years....4th defeat in 60 odd games.

The score is on the board.

Now we have more fish to fry this weekend.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:Why don't we just point to the scoreboard and move on.
Probably because we feel the need to "right a wrong". We're seeing bulls*** written/spoken about the game and we feel the need to set the record straight. And because we want those who doubt it to know we won FAIR AND SQUARE, which we did. They had 4 quarters to get in front, but didn't for a second.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Probably because we feel the need to "right a wrong". We're seeing bulls*** written/spoken about the game and we feel the need to set the record straight. And because we want those who doubt it to know we won FAIR AND SQUARE, which we did. They had 4 quarters to get in front, but didn't for a second.
If we keep playing football like we did yesterday, the records will be straightened all by themselves.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:rthe following 60 secs where they played the song and the crowd were belting it out with rare gusto..all they showed were exhausted players..not one single crowd shot until a static shot of a flag draped over a stand after the song finished.
You do know that was AOK and his mum dont you???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:rthe following 60 secs where they played the song and the crowd were belting it out with rare gusto..all they showed were exhausted players..not one single crowd shot until a static shot of a flag draped over a stand after the song finished.
You do know that was AOK and his mum dont you???
Sorry for the ignorance but cannot work out who 'AOK' is?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
If we keep playing football like we did yesterday, the records will be straightened all by themselves.
There are many ways to skin a cat.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And we showed 97 different ways yesterday!!