cats whinge about umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

....AND the first two goals Geelong scored were from soft free's IMO. We should have won by 18 points in the end. Surely that would have stopped them from whinging....you'd think :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why are we worried about what Scarlett thinks about the umpiring :shock:

Difference between Geelong and the Saints....

Geelong will continue to make excuses, and Thompson will calm his spoilt boys and tell them they were brave and fantastic. Ross will ensure we remain humble after the win, address our weaknesses and own our mistakes.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thomson didn't make excuses. In fact refused to use Johnson as an excuse and said he wasn't interested in complaining about umpiring.

Scarlett is a low life with little character who was badly beaten by Kosi yesterday.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Beno88 wrote:FREE KICKS INSIDE 50

GEELONG : 5
ST.KILDA : 0

50 METRE PENALTIES

GEELONG : 3

SCORES FROM FREES OR 50 MTR PENALTIES

GEELONG : 7
Those stats say it all -

We looked like a 4-6 goal better team and we obviously were, but those
lop sided umpiring decisions and 50 metre penalties in crucial spots of the ground obviously cost us.
Lucky we were good enough to overcome Geelong's extra player - the thumpire.

saintly_safes
Club Player

The avantage rule went against us at least 2 times that I recall but because it wasnt in the dying minutes everyone tends to forget about them especially Geelong sooks

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Pretty funny that a thread that's supposed to be about the Cats whinging about the umpiring turns into us whinging about the umpiring. And we won. Build a bridge and get over it.
IMO everyone could use a dose of Bomber Thompson's attitude.

"I'm not that interested," he said. "They probably missed a lot of free kicks and players don't have perfect games, coaches don't and neither do umpires. I don't think as a club we're that worried about complaining about the umpires."

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Pretty funny that a thread that's supposed to be about the Cats whinging about the umpiring turns into us whinging about the umpiring. And we won. Build a bridge and get over it.
IMO everyone could use a dose of Bomber Thompson's attitude.
i reckon it's okay to whinge when you win. when you lose it comes across as sour grapes and reflects badly.

scarlett's big mouth has got him in trouble again :wink:

AlpineStars
Club Player

The Ablett 50m was disgraceful and got Geelong going, they were headed for a goaless 1st Quarter and that decision changed the momentum of the game.

Wake me up when September ends.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Grimfang wrote:Remember in the 90's there was all the talk of the "Crow Throw"?

After watching Geelong continually get away with the same yesterday (Selwood especially); Mrs. Grimfang named it the "Pussy Pass" (in honour of the late Molly Sugden).
What was the "crow throw" ?
Something needs to be done about this, they just throw it out all the time, must have been at the very least 8 times where they distributed the ball with a blatant throw with the umpires in awful position as usual to view, what is nothing less than a rugby pass.

Geelong have been getting away with this for ages, I don't think any other team in the AFL do this, they continually throw the ball out as if playing rugby and nothing gets done about it.

It's a fair dinkum disgrace.

AND how the **** can you have a game as huge as that and have Vozzo and Chamberlain umpiring it to begin with.

If they are considered two of the best umpires going around then the umpiring department is truly ******!

Absolute cabbages!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

AlpineStars wrote:The Ablett 50m was disgraceful and got Geelong going, they were headed for a goaless 1st Quarter and that decision changed the momentum of the game.
Did anyone else see the in the back call against Scarlett on Kosi, Scarlett clearly punches Kosi in the kidneys. He shouldn't complain about the umpires he's lucky they didnt report him on the spot.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:Scarlett clearly punches Kosi in the kidneys. He shouldn't complain about the umpires he's lucky they didnt report him on the spot.
who would i be to complain if the match review panel decides to have a look at it.

Saint 58
Club Player

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted for ages but always have a read .....

Scarlett SHUT THE F*** UP ASSHOLE. You don't like getting beaten do you, you P****. Kosi ripped you a new one mate, that why you punched him in the side cos you were frustrated.

Man I hope we play you in the GF and kick your ass, then you will be "Geelong, the greatest underachievers of all"

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:The Ablett 50m was disgraceful and got Geelong going, they were headed for a goaless 1st Quarter and that decision changed the momentum of the game.
Did anyone else see the in the back call against Scarlett on Kosi, Scarlett clearly punches Kosi in the kidneys. He shouldn't complain about the umpires he's lucky they didnt report him on the spot.
Kossie was clearly held in a marking as contest, as obvious as it gets and no free kick was paid,

if I remember correctly this incident that Scarlett is bringing up happened just after this,

Kossie should have received a free kick if the cabbages were doing their job properly and that other instance would not have even occurred.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Here here. I was directly behind Ablett and Jones and Ablett clearly took 2 or 3 quick steps to his left (off his line). If the ump was doing his job right he'd have called play on and they would quite likely have been down at least 5 zip at quarter time. Instead he paid 50 and got them going. They were getting "charity call" after "charity call" at that point, like they felt sorry for them and were trying to even it up. They were successful.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Saint 58
Club Player

... and forgot to say that I hope Harry Taylor is OK after that hit to the head in the last quarter and it's a damn shame that it wasn't Scarlett's head that copped the hit.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: Here here. I was directly behind Ablett and Jones and Ablett clearly took 2 or 3 quick steps to his left (off his line). If the ump was doing his job right he'd have called play on and they would quite likely have been down at least 5 zip at quarter time. Instead he paid 50 and got them going. They were getting "charity call" after "charity call" at that point, like they felt sorry for them and were trying to even it up. They were successful.
yes Ablett did step off his line. But CJ put his hand on his arm first. Watch the replay. Tiggy touchwood? Yes. 50/50? Yes.
Resultant penalty way beyond the value of the infringement? Yes.
Was the infringement technically there? Yes.

FFS, you guys cherry pick specific decisions out as though they exist in isolation and we didn't get the benefit of some dodgy ones.
The play on to advantage for them in the last. Sam Fisher lucky not to be pinged for HTB inside the last two minutes inside their forward 50. Like Bomber Thompson said, they miss a few and give some that are 50/ 50. Most of you rabbiting on about the umpires just want something to complain about and are just as one eyed as the Cats fans this thread was supposed to be about.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:FFS, you guys cherry pick specific decisions out as though they exist in isolation...
No, it's just there were so many of them to choose from. Face it, we would have won by 6 goals if it weren't some fortunate umpiring.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
st.byron wrote:FFS, you guys cherry pick specific decisions out as though they exist in isolation...
No, it's just there were so many of them to choose from. Face it, we would have won by 6 goals if it weren't some fortunate umpiring.
Shakes head. Sighs. Remembers to remind self that many forumites have had one eye removed.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:FFS, you guys cherry pick specific decisions out as though they exist in isolation and we didn't get the benefit of some dodgy ones.
The play on to advantage for them in the last. Sam Fisher lucky not to be pinged for HTB inside the last two minutes inside their forward 50. Like Bomber Thompson said, they miss a few and give some that are 50/ 50. Most of you rabbiting on about the umpires just want something to complain about and are just as one eyed as the Cats fans this thread was supposed to be about.
Yup good points especially by Thompson. To pick out that one advantage call and complain about it is really absolutely stupid. Basically the Cats coach is calling Scarlett and idiot which I wholeheartedly agree with :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
degruch wrote:
Shakes head. Sighs. Remembers to remind self that many forumites have had one eye removed.
Better than being totally blind. :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:there was one in the first quarter where milney got a free for in the back
he was 60 out
ump calls play on (after the allotted time frame of milney looking for a pass)
and the cat player leiterally 2 or 3 meters behind him tackles him and its called holding the ball.....

now arent they usually telling players to get away??
u cant just sit there waiting and then pounce.....i thought it was a 'u have to be at least 5 meters away'.

bigred is right...i thought the umps killed us too
12 to 5 their way at half time...and we had the pill most of the time......quarter time i reckoned it was saints 5 goals maggots 2 goals......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: Here here. I was directly behind Ablett and Jones and Ablett clearly took 2 or 3 quick steps to his left (off his line). If the ump was doing his job right he'd have called play on and they would quite likely have been down at least 5 zip at quarter time. Instead he paid 50 and got them going. They were getting "charity call" after "charity call" at that point, like they felt sorry for them and were trying to even it up. They were successful.
yes Ablett did step off his line. But CJ put his hand on his arm first. Watch the replay. Tiggy touchwood? Yes. 50/50? Yes.
Resultant penalty way beyond the value of the infringement? Yes.
Was the infringement technically there? Yes.

FFS, you guys cherry pick specific decisions out as though they exist in isolation and we didn't get the benefit of some dodgy ones.
CJ didn't put his hand on his arm first, he did that AFTER Ablett stepped well off his line TO THE LEFT. I'm not talking about when he then ran off to the right. I've already seen the replay, but I didn't need to, because, as I said, I was directly in line with/behind them (with them between me and the goals) so I had a PERFECT view of it (as did those around us, who said the same thing). Much better than the camera angle on the TV, which didn't show it from a good angle. He took about 2-3 little steps to the left (off his line) and would have run off (left), had CJ not impeded him. It was a mistake (would have called play on- if he'd been paying attention) from the ump and got them on the board.
And you can support a team without being "one eyed". The "advantage" call in the last two mins looked to be a SHOCKER and I'm sure they missed some more of Geelong's free's, but they got a much better go of it than us, as evidenced by the FACTS. Frees: 23 to 15, 50m penalties: 3 to NONE, goals from frees: 2 to NONE, etc.
The only reason so many are making mention of this, is that so many in the media and on forums are saying Geelong were "robbed" and other complete bulls*** like that. So we feel the need to "right a wrong", if that's OK with you.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:[
CJ didn't put his hand on his arm first, he did that AFTER Ablett stepped well off his line TO THE LEFT. I'm not talking about when he then ran off to the right. I've already seen the replay, but I didn't need to, because, as I said, I was directly in line with/behind them (with them between me and the goals) so I had a PERFECT view of it (as did those around us, who said the same thing). Much better than the camera angle on the TV, which didn't show it from a good angle. He took about 2-3 little steps to the left (off his line) and would have run off (left), had CJ not impeded him. It was a mistake (would have called play on- if he'd been paying attention) from the ump and got them on the board.
And you can support a team without being "one eyed". The "advantage" call in the last two mins looked to be a SHOCKER and I'm sure they missed some more of Geelong's free's, but they got a much better go of it than us, as evidenced by the FACTS. Frees: 23 to 15, 50m penalties: 3 to NONE, goals from frees: 2 to NONE, etc.
The only reason so many are making mention of this, is that so many in the media and on forums are saying Geelong were "robbed" and other complete bulls*** like that. So we feel the need to "right a wrong", if that's OK with you.

You think Ablett moved off his line before CJ touched him. I think it happened at the same time
You think you're righting a wrong. I think you're just being one eyed.
We disagree. Simple.

starsign
Club Player

somewhere I just read a scribe say Scarlett was an ideal coach in the making LOL
maybe they meant umpires coach !
He has a country mile to go when compared with the common sense and far more enlightened approach of Thompson

GrumpyOne

There were obviously quite a few contentious decisions during the match. Not helped by slo-mo replays and infinate camera angles and the luxury to have 10 or 20 seconds to make a decision.

My impression was that the Umps missed some, got some, and in some cases paid them the wrong way, but overall they were not biased.

It was fair enough on the day.