Sandringham vs. Port Melbourne Sat July 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Armo and Goose are a long way off if today was any indication.

Goose was lazy and turned the pill over consistently.

Armo is slow and slow to make decisions. Got caught nearly every time he had the pill.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Armo and Goose are a long way off if today was any indication.

Armo is slow and slow to make decisions. Got caught nearly every time he had the pill.
Did you go BS?
I just ask, because I watched a bit on TV and wonder that because options around them were poor they had to hold onto the ball a bit longer than they wanted causing the turnovers, Armo in particular.

He won the ball well, just tried to beat a man too many times for mine, which can sometimes be because options are not presenting themselves.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Moods wrote: Goose just looks out of form, and if you can't find form after 14 rounds, well maybe that is his form....
Although he turned the ball over a few times today (although not as many times as Gram did in the seniors last week, and I think Port Melb had numbers back, so he didn't have many good options) I thought he did OK and looked OK. He was apparently in form a few weeks ago, but maybe he's starting to lose interest/heart a bit, as a result of continually being overlooked. It's easy to imagine he could have, after all the work/training he's done to get back to this level again.
This week was probably a big kick in the guts for him (with Max going out and him not even being one of 4 possible inclusions). Ross getting his hopes up by consistently saying that he would be "playing a part for St Kilda this year" (or words to that effect), probably hasn't helped, given it doesn't look like that's now true/likely. He may now be just going through the motions, waiting for next year, to play for another AFL club, which would be our loss.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Moods wrote: Goose just looks out of form, and if you can't find form after 14 rounds, well maybe that is his form....
Although he turned the ball over a few times today (although not as many times as Gram did in the seniors last week, and I think Port Melb had numbers back, so he didn't have many good options) I thought he did OK and looked OK. He was apparently in form a few weeks ago, but maybe he's starting to lose interest/heart a bit, as a result of continually being overlooked. It's easy to imagine he could have, after all the work/training he's done to get back to this level again.
This week was probably a big kick in the guts for him (with Max going out and him not even being one of 4 possible inclusions). Ross getting his hopes up by consistently saying that he would be "playing a part for St Kilda this year" (or words to that effect), probably hasn't helped, given it doesn't look like that's now true/likely. He may now be just going through the motions, waiting for next year, to play for another AFL club, which would be our loss.
Do you honestly think what RL says in the media is the only time Goose hears anything from the coach. Goose wouldnt have dropped form because RL said he will be playing a part in the Saints this year but hasnt because RL would constantly be telling him where he is at. At the start of your post you said he went ok and at the end you said he may be just going through the motions.

Apart from probably 2 games this year yesterday is where Goose is at this season. It has nothing to do with being disappointed and where he is at is the reason he cannot get a game.

PJ
SS Life Member

but maybe he's starting to lose interest/heart a bit, as a result of continually being overlooked.
I think I can hear violins, maybe there's a film in this or at least a mini series.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Gooses disposal was very poor. Very few ended up with Sandy players. You may be spot on with him losing interest at this stage.
Of the others, I thought Lynch and Dempster were the best. Most were disappointing.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Armo and Goose are a long way off if today was any indication.

Did you go BS?
I just ask, because I watched a bit on TV and wonder that because options around them were poor they had to hold onto the ball a bit longer than they wanted causing the turnovers, Armo in particular.

He won the ball well, just tried to beat a man too many times for mine, which can sometimes be because options are not presenting themselves.
I was there and you are right there were not all that many options available, which may have affected Armo's disposal.
Goose is a different matter. He looked not interested and just bombed away.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Very excited for the AFL return Seanie D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Port pounces at Sandringham
By Dejan Kalinic

Port Melbourne produced a stunning third quarter to set up a 49-point win over Sandringham in unpredictable conditions at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Saturday.

The Borough kicked the first seven goals after the main break and finished 19.8.(122) to 11.7.(73) victors.

Sam Dwyer was sensational for Port, winning a lot of contested possessions around the ground, as well as moving forward to kick two goals.

Sandringham turned the ball over on too many occasions and it cost them dearly throughout the day.

They did start the better of the two teams, but failed to penetrate going forward in the opening stages.

Despite kicking with a slight breeze, Sandringham trailed by nine points at the first change.

Port Melbourne lead by as much as 19 points in the second quarter, but goals from Nick Sautner and a long bomb from Sean Dempster brought the Zebras closer.

The Borough held a six-point lead at the main change before they came out firing in the second half.

It was Dwyer who started the burst in the third quarter, kicking a running goal from 20 metres.

Adrian Bonaddio (two goals) and Adrian Deluca (two goals) were capitalising on the hard work from Dwyer and fellow midfielder Toby Pinwill.

Port Melbourne’s eight-goal to one third quarter gave it an unassailable 49-point three-quarter time lead.

Both teams kicked 5.3 in the final quarter, all of Sandringham’s goals kicked by Sautner, who took his tally to six for the game.

Dwyer and Pinwill excelled through the middle of the ground for the Borough, winning a lot of the ball, particularly in the side’s excellent third quarter.

Sandringham captain Peter Summers and forward Tom Lynch worked hard all day in a disappointing Zebras outfit.

Sandringham 2.0 5.3 6.4 11.7 (73)
Port Melbourne 3.3 6.3 14.5 19.8 (122)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 6 Tregear Dempster Smith Waller Heyne
Port Melbourne: Schultz 3 Bonaddio 3 Dwyer 2 Deluca 2 Cain 2 McGrath O'Farrell Pleming Deluca Pitt McMahon Robbins

BEST:
Sandringham: Dempster Gallagher Smith Tregear Heyne Sautner
Port Melbourne: Dwyer McMahon Fanning Cain Pinwill Brewer

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote: Sandringham 2.0 5.3 6.4 11.7 (73)
Port Melbourne 3.3 6.3 14.5 19.8 (122)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 6 Tregear Dempster Smith Waller Heyne
Port Melbourne: Schultz 3 Bonaddio 3 Dwyer 2 Deluca 2 Cain 2 McGrath O'Farrell Pleming Deluca Pitt McMahon Robbins

BEST:
Sandringham: Dempster Gallagher Smith Tregear Heyne Sautner
Port Melbourne: Dwyer McMahon Fanning Cain Pinwill Brewer
Dempster and Al Smith were very good, and lynch was very stiff to not be in the 'bests'. I thought Heyne's disposal was poor, but he certainly wasn't alone.

bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO...Sorry but i didnt see anyone one jump out and say pick me,thats disappointing

kingy0701
Club Player

Who was the young bloke playing at full back, number 60 I think?