Social Club waiting list

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:So what happens next year???

Will the Club intorduce a second tier Social Club (that is basically put on the waiting list in case anyone decides to pull out)

But if the Club make the GF next year they have second pickings on tickets??

Of course those supporters that spend the $20 this year will be considered first, but I am just wondering about next year and if the Club is considering some other alternative to join the Social Club (seconds) and be placed on a waiting list in case members pull out, but have first dip at any future GF tickets...
Lets just get to the GF first. i have a feeling if we dont there will be a lot of disappointed members.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Will the Club intorduce a second tier Social Club (that is basically put on the waiting list in case anyone decides to pull out)

Of course those supporters that spend the $20 this year will be considered first, but I am just wondering about next year and if the Club is considering some other alternative to join the Social Club (seconds) and be placed on a waiting list in case members pull out, but have first dip at any future GF tickets...
Lets just get to the GF first. i have a feeling if we dont there will be a lot of disappointed members.
Of course there will be, but I am just wondering about their plans

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course there will be, but I am just wondering about their plans
Yes I would hope that those on the waiting list remain there no matter what the outcome this year and early next year...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mind you....there is large negative.

The "average" St Kilda Member now has absolutely no hope ofa GF ticket.

Even if the odds were low...say one in ten.. the aveage member at least hada chance of gettinga ticket in the lottery.

New system may make more money...but it lacks soul.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Mind you....there is large negative.

Even if the odds were low...say one in ten.. the aveage member at least hada chance of gettinga ticket in the lottery.

If you really want a ticket you will find a way to get one. It all depends if you really want it.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I do see where you are coming from but in reality it is a business and if past members don't resign or don't come on board first as a SC Member, what else is the Club meant to do???

We should be well over 35,000 members this year, and that was our target...

Yes the Club got a record membership this year, but there are so many past members that have not resigned....

The Club needs to make a firm stand on this IMO and it's not really that the Club has lost it's soul, it's about being more professional and stating the obvious ....

The Club needs members to survive....

Pretty simple really, we need more next year and the year after that...

I like the Club's hard line approach on this issue, we cannot afford to be complacent and the Club must be aggressive in order to survive.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Skinny

Grand Finals tickets will always be an issue that will be difficult to resolve.

Many people live a long way from Melbourne, either in the country or interstate and cannot justify the Social Club membership when most are lucky to see one or two games a year.

However, many of us still pay for a full club membership because we love the Saints and are desperate to see a second Flag.

The problem is that the Grand Final has become an event to be at for theatre goers and status seekers and consequently the diehards miss out.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

If you really want a ticket you will find a way to get one. It all depends if you really want it.
I have been a SC member for about 3 decades...so it does not apply to me.

I was more concerned about the average member.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

I like the Club's hard line approach on this issue, we cannot afford to be complacent and the Club must be aggressive in order to survive.
Hard line? I thought it was meant to be a Club?

I thought FF promised to look after members?

Personally I think it is wrong that an allocation has not been kept for average members as part of the overall split.

Make no mistake there will "cherry picking" new SC Members who will disappear as soon as they believe that Saints cannot make a GF...whereas there will be thousands of ordinary members who are members each and every year.

And remember...if you piss off the majority of your members you may not keep them.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Personally I think it is wrong that an allocation has not been kept for average members as part of the overall split.

Make no mistake there will "cherry picking" new SC Members who will disappear as soon as they believe that Saints cannot make a GF...whereas there will be thousands of ordinary members who are members each and every year.

And remember...if you piss off the majority of your members you may not keep them.

If you really think that the so called "cherry picking" new SC Members will pass on an automatic deduction of just $11 a month via auto payments deduction, then they are stupid...

It's the majority we want and in these times ie need everyone that follows the Saints to come on board.....

I support the Clubs attitude as each and every Club WANT members to survive, and if you are not forthright with this , you stand the chance of being obsolete ...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

social club membership goes 100% to the club. By selling out the social club section the club has made a good amount of money.

Some of us have been buying social club on top of our memberships. It's been clear as day that this was the main way to get access to grand final tickets. The club is not in the wrong.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

It's the majority we want and in these times ie need everyone that follows the Saints to come on board.....

Sorry you have lost me...how can the majorirty be looked after by a system that caters for 11500?

I have no problem with the club grabbing money while it can....but I still think a slice of tickets should have been kept to be "raffled" off to ordinary members.

Apart from equity it is also sensible to keep tickets back if you want to grow the membership..

If we havea good few years you might get to 40K, 50K...but if you tell those extra 20K of members that they have no hope in hell of getting a GF ticket many may not sign up.

Remember that many of these possible new members will be fickle...or they would already be members.

I just don't see the sense in only servicing the "new" SC member who have just joined up. Sure it is nice quick cash for the club...but I would wager that most of this group will jump ship if we have lean years again.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Sorry you have lost me...how can the majorirty be looked after by a system that caters for 11500?

I have no problem with the club grabbing money while it can....but I still think a slice of tickets should have been kept to be "raffled" off to ordinary members.

Apart from equity it is also sensible to keep tickets back if you want to grow the membership..

If we havea good few years you might get to 40K, 50K...but if you tell those extra 20K of members that they have no hope in hell of getting a GF ticket many may not sign up.

Remember that many of these possible new members will be fickle...or they would already be members.

I just don't see the sense in only servicing the "new" SC member who have just joined up. Sure it is nice quick cash for the club...but I would wager that most of this group will jump ship if we have lean years again.
I somewhat disagree with your thoughts that MOST of this new group of SC members will jump ship in "lean years".... @ $11 a month on easy payment plan, one would think the MOST will stay on board, and I have no doubt that there will be plenty on a waiting list in the future to jump in, if any decide to drop out.

What is the point of holding back GF tickets to grow the membership?

Does the Essendons, Carltons and Collingwood sides do this?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I wasnt meaning you. Anyone who really wants a ticket can find a way of getting one. As I said previously I got 15 tickets for the 2997 GF through various contacts. You just got to find a way.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I wasnt meaning you. Anyone who really wants a ticket can find a way of getting one. As I said previously I got 15 tickets for the 2997 GF through various contacts. You just got to find a way.

time travel among your many other skills eh?????..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

unreal.... and u say that YOU have a stalker
pretty quick to jump on him there

asiu

...how can the majorirty be looked after by a system that caters for 11500?

by using the 'foundation membership' for what it was intended

keep selling 'social club'....40 k members and 22k social clubbers = very **** good

foundation members get guaranteed tix

all other social clubbers go into a raffle , for the remaining available

(should of paid their dues earlier)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:unreal.... and u say that YOU have a stalker

i seem to have picked up another stalker ..... :wink: :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Anyone who really wants a ticket can find a way of getting one. As I said previously I got 15 tickets for the 2997 GF through various contacts. You just got to find a way.
I hope you find a way to hang around long enough or your 15 tickets might go to waste.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
...how can the majorirty be looked after by a system that caters for 11500?

by using the 'foundation membership' for what it was intended

keep selling 'social club'....40 k members and 22k social clubbers = very **** good

foundation members get guaranteed tix

all other social clubbers go into a raffle , for the remaining available

(should of paid their dues earlier)
shame the foundation members aren't recognised anymore ;)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Richter
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:I somewhat disagree with your thoughts that MOST of this new group of SC members will jump ship in "lean years".... @ $11 a month on easy payment plan, one would think the MOST will stay on board, and I have no doubt that there will be plenty on a waiting list in the future to jump in, if any decide to drop out.
I am a social club member this year St Fid. The only reason is so that I can get access to GF tickets. I get NOTHING else for the money I spend. I will continue to be a social club member until my AFL membership matures and I will get access to a GF ticket that way instead.

My mate who I go to the footy with has also bought a social club membership for the same reason as me - he is not an AFL member.

If our club were in the position of say Richmond or Fremantle would I or my mate have joined up? No. Will we bottom out again at some stage? Yes. Will I or my mate pay for social club membership then - no, why would we, we would be getting absolutely nothing for it - apart from a donation to the club. Now I am enough of a Saints tragic and probably will continue to give money to the club in some other form e.g. through the SS sponsorship, but will my mate who will by that stage likely have more mouths to feed than just his and his partner's on a meagre salary? I doubt it.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think while the club has been opportunistic to scoop up the cash this year that they have been short-sighted and not strategically focussed on the long-term in growing both membership numbers and cash.

IMO they would be better to:

* maintain some advantage for SC Members that renew each an every year...

*******say priority access if you have been a SC Member for 5 or more years. This way there is incentive to maintain your SC Membership...and incentive to upgrade.

********balance to then go to new SC mebers

BUT with a allocation od say 1000 tickets to be raffled amongst all ordinary members who say register at $20.

That way we main some semblence of being a CLUB...also a new FC member can have a chance of attending a GF if we make it. This will help to grwo Membership.

Such a scheme encourages and rewatds LONG-TERM SC Membership.....and still provides some joy for ordinary members.

Catering to a "cherry-picker" scheme suc as we have now is short sighted, short term....and abandons the majority of the membership.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Personally I think while the club has been opportunistic to scoop up the cash this year that they have been short-sighted and not strategically focussed on the long-term in growing both membership numbers and cash.

IMO they would be better to:

* maintain some advantage for SC Members that renew each an every year...

*******say priority access if you have been a SC Member for 5 or more years. This way there is incentive to maintain your SC Membership...and incentive to upgrade.

********balance to then go to new SC mebers

BUT with a allocation od say 1000 tickets to be raffled amongst all ordinary members who say register at $20.

That way we main some semblence of being a CLUB...also a new FC member can have a chance of attending a GF if we make it. This will help to grwo Membership.

Such a scheme encourages and rewatds LONG-TERM SC Membership.....and still provides some joy for ordinary members.

Catering to a "cherry-picker" scheme suc as we have now is short sighted, short term....and abandons the majority of the membership.

makes sense to me....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:unreal.... and u say that YOU have a stalker

i seem to have picked up another stalker ..... :wink: :wink:
pretty much infatuated with ya self there..... :twisted: