U18 championship

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

xander
Club Player

U18 championship

anyone watching this? one of our scholarship holders, Josh Duncan was playing. I only saw the second half of that game but he didn't show much.

undecided
Club Player

One goal and one assist and that was about it. He is still only 16 but isnt he????

xander
Club Player

saints site says he's born 21/06/91

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Commentators are very frustrating. You'd think they would be able to get the names right?

undecided
Club Player

How old is Callan Geary, can he be drafted this year???????

JABBER
Club Player

u18 championship

winmar McAdam Geary any more with st kilda background.before the season started iwrote watch out for geary should be drafted this year maybe a round 2 or 3 pick but nicholas winmar looks the goods

trevor barker
xander
Club Player

Re: u18 championship

JABBER wrote:winmar McAdam Geary any more with st kilda background.before the season started iwrote watch out for geary should be drafted this year maybe a round 2 or 3 pick but nicholas winmar looks the goods
i like the look of winmar. But im not convinced we should go after geary. Does he fit our needs? i would think we are good for the hbf/mid type player at the moment

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Geary will probably still be there in the later rounds if we want him. Winmar is more interesting, as he's got size and athleticism. Dustin Martin and Gary Rohan are real impact players, but will they still be there in the latter parts of the first round?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
backit
Club Player

For what it's worth, My oldest son played with Charlie McAdam when we lived in Darwin in the under 12's and Under 14's and he was then miles ahead of every other kid with natural ability. I used to get a laugh out of the St Mary's senior coaching panel and players coming out to watch him play and try to recruit him to their club then. He is built like his father and will need to fill out a bit more for senior footy but has a lot of skills and will certainly be drafted.

Callan Geary is playing senior footy with Eaglehawk in the Bendigo League when not playing with Bendigo Pioneers. I had a bit to do with him when I moved down there and continued my umpiring. He was running boundaries in the Bendigo League on Saturdays and playing junior footy on Sunday's. He is an elite runner over middle and long distance as well so has some stamina. Needs to fill out a little not as tall as his brother and I thought he was played out of position for Vic Country today.

Dustin Martin is from Castlemaine and played his first senior game when he was 15 in the Bendigo League and there were huge wraps on him straight away and he has progressed to be a certain top 10 pick this year.

Sorry don't know about Rohan but liked what I saw of him today.

derby Street
Club Player

Rohan is from Cobden in the Western District and his father was on the Saints list back in the 80's - 1985 at a guess ??? :shock: (but I think he only played reserves - recruited by Ian Stewart)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:Rohan is from Cobden in the Western District and his father was on the Saints list back in the 80's - 1985 at a guess ??? :shock: (but I think he only played reserves - recruited by Ian Stewart)

didn't play 1sts...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.