Lets make it look and sound like its OUR home game on Sunday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Lets make it look and sound like its OUR home game on Sunday

EVERYONE wear the colours..especially if you are sitting on L1 where the TV sees you all the time

YELL AND SCREAM the place down...leave no voice for work Monday..

This could be the biggest TV audience we've had for a home game ever, so lets not waste the chance eh??!!!!!!

A sea of Red White and Black is a must..get those scarves, jumpers, jackets and caps out..its gonna be cold anyway!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

it IS our home game :?
if its a sell out id say theres gonna be plenty of sainters there
cheer to ya hoarse

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry..maybe I should have said make it OBVIOUS that its our hame game

The noise the Blues fans made 2 weeks ago was huge..we have to replicate that..and have a sea of RW&B in the stands..not just fans in streetwear who cant be bothered pulling out the scarf or jacket

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I say we all take a piece of thick rope tied like a hang-mans noose and imitate a man chocking to death every time we slip a little further in front. Wouldn’t that be fantastic for Television.

Can’t wait to get down for this one.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Can't wait for this game, I HATE Geelong with a passion and will be screaming my lungs out.

Speaking of home games, I think the club could do a bit more to contribute here, I really liked the way the doggies and Nth "dress up" the stadium at their home games, it at least identifies who the home club is. Docklands should be intimidating for any club who plays us there...At least last week they played The Saints are coming once we were on the ground..Thats a good start. But this week lets turn the volume up!!!!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: The noise the Blues fans made 2 weeks ago was huge
Didn't help them much.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
undecided
Club Player

There will be more Geelong supporters there :(

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

As soon as Geelong may look a little dangerous, Saints fans will retreat into their shells and not make much noise. I am not happy that this is the case, but have been to enough games this year to realise that it still happens. I think our fans still are quick to think the worst if we are behind, even though we have a new and proven ability to get ourselves out of potentially dangerous situations.

Please, PLEASE prove me wrong....and make our boys feel like everyone is behind them.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think quitea few Saints missed out due to not understanding that Fully ticketed meant that they still had to geta ticket.

I knowa number of red face Sanits, bith Sc and FC who missed getiinga ticket.

Also some who were upgrading had their barrcodes cancelled while new tickets were issued...and could not book into the SC area before it was sold out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:As soon as Geelong may look a little dangerous, Saints fans will retreat into their shells and not make much noise. I am not happy that this is the case, but have been to enough games this year to realise that it still happens. I think our fans still are quick to think the worst if we are behind, even though we have a new and proven ability to get ourselves out of potentially dangerous situations.

Please, PLEASE prove me wrong....and make our boys feel like everyone is behind them.
This is soooo much the case with our supporters. We freak out if we are not smashing the opposition. As soon as the game gets tight or the oppo get in front our supporters turn into mutes. It is our culture. If you want an example go back to the prelim in 2005 against the swans. We were all whistling and singing when things were going our way but as soon as the swans got a run on we all shut up shop.

It's our culture. We are always paranoid that we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot and it reflects how we support.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

every saints bay should have a designated 'start the St Kilda chant' supervisor.
its their job to get up and start chanting getting everyone into it.
they are to introduce themselves when sitting down to surrounding fellow saints in the same Bay
"afternoon, i represent St Kilda and im the official Start the Chant supervisor and its my job to get your hands clapping and your lungs screaming, i require no payment, my services are free!!...but a cold frothy at each quarter is greatly appreciated"

SaintDebi
Club Player

I'm in full voice and full colours every week.
The only difference this week.......
.......I'LL BE LOUDER!!!!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au....

Just how many tickets did you secure for the Moorabbin Wing this week?

and are you in a position to know if most seats in that area are Sainters?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:saint66au....

Just how many tickets did you secure for the Moorabbin Wing this week?

and are you in a position to know if most seats in that area are Sainters?
120 seats, give or take a couple. Apart from Rows A-F the normal Club reserved seats, we have rows G,H,J,L and M. (Theres no Row I)

I'm loathe to seperate families so there isnt a total blanket ban on Cats, but the odd one or two I'm sure will feel very intimidated lol. Wingers are generally very respectful of this when booking. In the name of transparency, I admit my daughter's Cat-fan boyfriend will be there, but he's as meek as they come and will pose no danger to anyone. Its my daughters first Saints game for about 8 years

Oh and one other bit of good news. I found out in the course of booking the tix that Rows A-F are fully subscribed with Saints yearly ticket holders. THis means that there will be NO "gap-filling" potential Cat fans on Sunday...all Sainters :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Us quiet, shy, retiring types will do our best !!

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

I couldnt get any good seats for the game, so had to purchase them, despite being a fully paid member... i cant quite understand this!

I am sitting in Aisle 9 on level 3 - anyone know if certain areas will be designated saints areas?? I much prefer to sit around Aisle 36 with all the other fans... Just hope im not surrounded by bunches of loud, drunk Cats like in the final last year!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

It is the level 2 supporters that you need to get to lift. I try in the area I sit in, but it just doesn't seem to work. Drives me INSANE!!!! I go home hoarse every week and usually don't fully get my voice back for at least 2 days after the game!

I think we really need to start yelling the loudest when the boys come out on the ground. This is where I really notice the difference between saints supporters and other teams supporters. With most opposition teams, when their players come on the ground, the stadium erupts. Not so when our boys come out. Lets change that this weekend!

For those of you on level 2, if you don't want to yell and scream, how about stamping your feet at least! You never know, once you start yelling, you might even find that you enjoy it!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mick13
Club Player

saint75 wrote:It is the level 2 supporters that you need to get to lift. I try in the area I sit in, but it just doesn't seem to work. Drives me INSANE!!!! I go home hoarse every week and usually don't fully get my voice back for at least 2 days after the game!

I think we really need to start yelling the loudest when the boys come out on the ground. This is where I really notice the difference between saints supporters and other teams supporters. With most opposition teams, when their players come on the ground, the stadium erupts. Not so when our boys come out. Lets change that this weekend!

For those of you on level 2, if you don't want to yell and scream, how about stamping your feet at least! You never know, once you start yelling, you might even find that you enjoy it!
What I think needs to happen...

We need someone in the first row of Level 2, to turn around stand up and start chants. Much like the kids in the Cheer Squad. I'm all the way back in Row R and it's a little hard to get peoples attention. But I'll be screaming out random crap and protesting my love for various players much.

HarveysDeciple

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote: The noise the Blues fans made 2 weeks ago was huge
Didn't help them much.
helped them enormously....they were in the contest all day against a far superior side.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Gotta say...how good do our scarves look on TV??

Really stood out yesterday and made L1 look a sea of R, W and B on the telly!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

They do REALLY stand out big time dont they! Yeah they are white, but still...I reckon the light makes them beam and reflect or something.

One question though...

Where are all those people every other week ?? :shock:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Gotta say...how good do our scarves look on TV??

Really stood out yesterday and made L1 look a sea of R, W and B on the telly!!
Will look even better at the MCG on Grand Final day.......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:One question though...

Where are all those people every other week ?? :shock:
Good question.

All those "glory" Saints fans won't bother turning up until the Prelim final!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How do you get a scarf?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:How do you get a scarf?
I'll sell you one (not cheap) :lol: :lol: :wink: !!