3AW "Over-Rated" story !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Mackie was also over heard today at training by Trev the Saints supporter saying St Kilda was over rated.

At present, he is right.

After Sunday, we'll just see....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
roxanne
Club Player

Who would be our over-rated players?
How is it possible to be over-rated when you've won 13 games on the trot with a percentage over 173?
I think we're rated. And we deserve to be on this season's performance.
Not saying we can't play better, not saying we're the best team - but we're definitely not over-rated.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Thats great if they feel that way, would appear they havn't learn't a thing from last season. Good, hope this season finishes the same as last for them.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Thats great if they feel that way, would appear they havn't learn't a thing from last season. Good, hope this season finishes the same as last for them.
I think we as supporters need to learn something from the way Lyon talks...Yeah, we're 13-0, Yeah our percentage is 173...but the only real premiership chance has smashed us in our last 2-3 games...

We're nothing to them, and we deserve to be nothing to them, until we prove that we can match it with them...we won't be taken seriously by a large number of people.

That's why this Sunday is such a huge game, a 30+ point victory to the cats could end our season at round 13, a close game (i believe) will not only convince the footy world that we are there, but that we can be better than Geelong...

roxanne
Club Player

So well put. I think you're absolutely right.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Nattens
Club Player

This is the same Gerald Healy that wrote a column this week stating that Garry Lyon should coach Melbourne right?

carnasaints55
Club Player

Saintschampions08 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote: That's why this Sunday is such a huge game, a 30+ point victory to the cats could end our season at round 13, a close game (i believe) will not only convince the footy world that we are there, but that we can be better than Geelong...

I disagree. I think a close loss would put us in the same boat as the Bulldogs. We would only be 3 games ahead of them and both will have suffered a close defeat to Geelong who would have "seen off both challengers" according to the media. I think a win is necessary to assert ourselves not ONLY over the Cats, but also as a better challenger then the Bulldogs.

God I'd hate to lose.

roo=god
matrix
Saintsational Legend

pfftt
if we lose by 30 points it means nothing
4 or 5 goals can be kicked in 5 to 10 mins of footy.
losing by any margin means nothing
let them beat us by 30, think their s*** dont stink and that they have the better side.

see ya on the last day
WHEN IT COUNTS
8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:You need go no further than Gerard Healey, he is a tosser, along with all his other foxsport anti saints commentators, not worth the time

don't agree...he is and has always been a saints supporter....and a f****** good footballer.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I think a lot of people are overreacting over this one.

I respect that it's easy to do, emotions are running high this week.

But frankly, it strikes me as innuendo. I would be more inclined to believe that Bartel was embarrassed that someone would attribute such a quote to them, or that one of the playing group would put their foot in their mouth like that. Or perhaps it was said in jest and in confidence.

I don't think the Cats are silly enough to under-rate the Saints.

They have been talking about it for weeks. There are several reported examples of the Cats having kept an eye on the St Kilda playing figures. I'll bet they know exactly which stats the Saints are trumping them on. I would expect them to be nervous - their playing systems haven't been tested against these kinds of figures.

Compare the talk to last week's Essendon-Carlton game. No-one was claiming underdog status there.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:I agree with the Geelong players.
Until we smash those hillbilly pr1cks, we are overrated.

Of course they don't rate us... we haven't come within 7 goals of them in 3 years.

bozza1980
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I agree with the Geelong players.
Until we smash those hillbilly pr1cks, we are overrated.

Of course they don't rate us... we haven't come within 7 goals of them in 3 years.
I agree it makes sense that Geelong wouldn't rate us.

Each time we played them last year it was talked up as us challenging them and both times the game was over at half time.

That said, that was last year, this is this year. I am excited about the chance to test ourselves against them and really who cares what the cats think anyway it's what happens out on the park that matters.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I really believe the senior players rate us, I have heard both Harley and Chapman both talk about how we have smashed a lot of their records this year. Perhaps the younger guys are more flippant, but the more senior players are prepared for the fact we have improved...

bigmicka
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote: I have heard both Harley and Chapman both talk about how we have smashed a lot of their records this year.
It's called towing the company line. They aren't going to front the media and call us a bunch of spanners. Why? because they will be seen as thinking they are too good. They wan't to hold onto an external perception. Of being holier than thou.

makes me sick

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

This thread has all the hallmarks of that Sally Field Oscar acceptance of some years back.

'You like me! You really like me!'

For Christs sake harden the F*** up. You give's a rat's derriere if they rate us or not?

Why bother even thinking this kind of horsehite let alone posting it?

StSteven
Club Player

Agree- shows how insecure we are.

howlinwolf
Club Player

As long as they over rate us as they did Hawthorn we are in with a serious
chance. :P