SANDY Teams VS Coburg Sat 27th 2 pm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
saintly wrote:went to the game,

enjoyed how the saints played. It would be difficult for Lynch to dominate too mcuh with Saunter in the side. but still he is going quite well.

will sam Mcgarry get a look in the VFL seniors or not ?
Was named on the extended bench for the VFL seniors, so must be close. Continually being named close to BOG for the Ressies. I admit that I thought he looked too good for VFL ressies level, very physical and hard-running player.
just not sure, as it was mentioned on this forum, that he was on the outer at the saints, and was not even training with them any more like Chivers.

so i wonder whether a) this is still true and b) would he get into the seniors.

avid
Club Player

saintly wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
saintly wrote:went to the game,

enjoyed how the saints played. It would be difficult for Lynch to dominate too mcuh with Saunter in the side. but still he is going quite well.

will sam Mcgarry get a look in the VFL seniors or not ?
Was named on the extended bench for the VFL seniors, so must be close. Continually being named close to BOG for the Ressies. I admit that I thought he looked too good for VFL ressies level, very physical and hard-running player.
just not sure, as it was mentioned on this forum, that he was on the outer at the saints, and was not even training with them any more like Chivers.

so i wonder whether a) this is still true and b) would he get into the seniors.
Gee that's (possibly) disappointing!
He sounds like an absolute ego-maniac on his profile, likening himself to Ablett and Hodge or someone -- which potentially could be a problem for a youngster in need of coaching!
But from the footage I've seen of him, he looked extremely promising -- my own personal favourite 'smokey' at the moment -- and this was being borne out in the match reports.
Hoping it's all just the usual rumours and inuendo.
Does anyone actually know?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Thoughts:

Smith: Will be a player. Gradually came into the game the longer it wore on. Had a knack of finding space, looked to be quite quick and had a bit of penetration with his kicking. I liked the way he had a dip in the contests as well.
He could be just what we need (serious speed) within a couple of years. Is apparently super-quick, with a good left foot and actually gets the ball. Many are drafted simply because they're quick and can kick, or quick and get the ball, but he seems to have all 3 attributes. Apparently came from country W.A. and was beginning to dominate games last year, until the beginnings of O.P. showed up, so they rested him for the remainder of the year (as a precaution). If he's over that (and it doesn't return) he could be a real "bargain" for us at pick 62.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:just not sure, as it was mentioned on this forum, that [McGarry] was on the outer at the saints, and was not even training with them any more like Chivers.
Not that it means too much, but there was a shot of him in the set of training photos last week in the thread about Armo's broken collarbone. I'm not sure what his training arrangement is, but he was at least there last week with the team.

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photoga ... g%20240609

Photo number 10.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintly
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
saintly wrote:just not sure, as it was mentioned on this forum, that [McGarry] was on the outer at the saints, and was not even training with them any more like Chivers.
Not that it means too much, but there was a shot of him in the set of training photos last week in the thread about Armo's broken collarbone. I'm not sure what his training arrangement is, but he was at least there last week with the team.

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photoga ... g%20240609

Photo number 10.
thanx for that. whatever happened must've been fixed