Official Crowd 38,196

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Official Crowd 38,196

Does this mean we actually get some cash from the gate ?

Opinions from those who were at the ground please.

% Sainters v Tiges in the crowd ?

Noise levels from both ?

Am keen to know about the noise level as some games I have been too I am often left wondering if we have a lot of speech impaired supporters. Perhaps it is just me ,, my voice is usually quiet in the 2nd half as I have already yelled too much .. Carn 'n' Saints.

Noise level next week must be huge. Hopefully our numbers will out number the Cats.

What will be next from this club ?
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Cheer squad tried hard - but there was very little noise - I left my voice there - but got too many harsh looks from the people on level two Medallion club - there were 2 young Tiger girls (tweens) who actually seemed louder than the rest of the Sainters there - found it funny that they were just yelling 'you suck Reiwoldt' at the start - then Jack started missing - I was going to offer to help them chant it!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

could hear the cheersquad on tv
but sometimes when they do the 'lets have another one just like the other one' it gets lost and inaudible.
i didnt think theyd crack 35 tho.

this weeks its our game....surely we'll pull some big $$ with it being a sell out

Beej
Saintsational Legend

The "Kosi, Kosi, Kosi" chant could be heard clearly.

Cameras caught Koschitzke giving the cheer-squad a nice smile during one of the chants.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:The "Kosi, Kosi, Kosi" chant could be heard clearly.

Cameras caught Koschitzke giving the cheer-squad a nice smile during one of the chants.
yeah saw that
love the kozi chant

James
Club Player

The Richmond supporters made heaps of noise. There were probably 15,000+ there but damn they're loud.

I'd say the majority were Saints fans (15,000/23,000 split), it was a good crowd and we made some noise when the saints got on top.

Got to hand it to the Tigers supporters though. Loyal through and through and now how to support a football team.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Actually what was really funny was Koschitzke running up and giving the other cheer squad a leer after his fifth (?). They were going nuts at him and he was lapping it up. :lol:

Certainly looked like a dominant Saints turnout - easily 4 or 5 to 1 from what I could see.

savatage
SS Life Member

That section of Tigers fans behind their goals made more noise than the entire St.Kilda crowd. We need rough nut supporters that give the opposition the s***s.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Let's be honest compared to West Coast chant of Eagles our's score zero out of ten.

Anything ending in woo belongs in China.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i dont know why everyone gives the cheer squad sh!t?
for the first time since i joined the cs, i didnt sit with them, i was up on level 3 with a tigers mate, above the richmond cs.
in all seriousness, i heard ours more than theirs. the kosi kosi chant could probably be heard from the Gabba if they listened hard, it was bloody awsome! could hear every chant and could see every flag and banner!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Cheer squad tried hard - but there was very little noise - I left my voice there - but got too many harsh looks from the people on level two Medallion club - there were 2 young Tiger girls (tweens) who actually seemed louder than the rest of the Sainters there...
i just didn't find the game that exciting, personally. no moments where i got up out of my seat to celebrate something - geary's goal in the third was the closest - and the result seemed a foregone conclusion even when a couple of goals down in the first. not sure i made any noise at all. i mean, they're not all corkers.

next week, on the other hand...

Ice Wolf
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Cheer squad tried hard - but there was very little noise - I left my voice there - but got too many harsh looks from the people on level two Medallion club - there were 2 young Tiger girls (tweens) who actually seemed louder than the rest of the Sainters there...
i just didn't find the game that exciting, personally. no moments where i got up out of my seat to celebrate something - geary's goal in the third was the closest - and the result seemed a foregone conclusion even when a couple of goals down in the first. not sure i made any noise at all. i mean, they're not all corkers.

next week, on the other hand...
What about the huge roar when we hit the front.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Agree with above sentiments..there wasnt that much atmosphere

I think the loudest noise was in the 1st quarter when we werent playing well...but it was all negative LOL...rtoo many people turn up when we play a bottom side, sit back and say "Right-o, 15 goal win or I'm gonns start whinging...and whinge they did in the 1st quarter. No allowance given for the Tigers throwing everything at us and playing some quite decent footy.It was all about our errors and our "stuffing around with hand passing when we've got 2 big forwards in the goal square". Never mind the 16 Tigers defenders also sitting in the goal square ready to smash a rushed behind every time we bombed it.

As someone said to me at 1/4 time "It doesnt feel like a Saints supporters area right now..I cant feel the love"

A lot of goals from set shots also doesnt help, although Kosis big pack marks were greeted with probably the loudest roars of the day

To get everyone fired up against the Tiges, we needed soneone to kick 10, or one of our lesser lights to really start tearing the place up. CJ kicking 4 would have blown the roof off :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Newman
Club Player

Hey SAINT DOOLEY I was at the game on Sunday and waiting to see my donated Another Saints Go Marching Win banner go up at the end of the match. Remember I mentioned this a few weeks back. Should be in the bag and it's the perfect banner to raise when we win. If you guys don't want to use it - I'm happy to take back and use. All the best to you and the team. Give em hepas next Sunday

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I was sitting on the axcess 1 side of the ground (members section) and the noise, considering the type of game it was, was acceptable in my opinion by saints fans. I fully expect that if we get on a roll this week that we'll lift the roof off.

Saintdooley, please don't tell me that one of the cheer squads chants is 'WE want another one just like the other one, goals goals goals whooa.'

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I was sitting on the axcess 1 side of the ground (members section) and the noise, considering the type of game it was, was acceptable in my opinion by saints fans. I fully expect that if we get on a roll this week that we'll lift the roof off.

Saintdooley, please don't tell me that one of the cheer squads chants is 'WE want another one just like the other one, goals goals goals whooa.'
have you been living under a rock for the past 5 years or something?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Moods wrote:I was sitting on the axcess 1 side of the ground (members section) and the noise, considering the type of game it was, was acceptable in my opinion by saints fans. I fully expect that if we get on a roll this week that we'll lift the roof off.

have you been living under a rock for the past 5 years or something?
No I haven't. I usually sit in the AFL members and never hear the cheers squad as they are up the other end of the ground. (Although I do occasionally hear some high pitched squealing coming from the CS end) :lol:

So I take it that is one of the chants then?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Twilight = shyte atmosphere.

Simple.

IF the game had been a Friday or Saturday night - completely different thing.

Everyone is resentful of this bullshyte timeslot, with one eye on the time clock and thinking about work on Monday!

Also, people are tired as it's the end of the weekend.

Thanks for 6 twilight zone time slots Dimwitfarkwit......and don't you dare screw us with so many next year OK? :twisted:

sainter35
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:i dont know why everyone gives the cheer squad sh!t?
How about you don't do the "we want another one chant" then?

That would be a great start. :)

You know everybody hates it, it's as if you guys do it just to piss everybody off.