Blake to Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Blake to Riewoldt

Is it just me, or did Blake handpass directly to the wrong Riewoldt halfway through the last quarter, inside defensive 50?

What was going on there? I haven't seen a replay or anything, but it looked pretty silly at the time, considering he was facing him and everything. Does Jack look so much like Nick that JB couldn't tell the difference?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah he did
think he was going for bj who had just had a disposal near the boundary line and blake mighta thought bj was coming back around to receive again...
bj didnt and blake went straight to J riewoldt.

ya get that
im guessing the blake haters will be here soon to call for he's head :P

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Such a shocking mistake, especially so close to the opposition goals. Blake was very ordinary with the ball yesterday. Another example I can think of was around the defensive 50 he received the ball and gave a 2 meter handball directly in front of him to Baker, who planted his feet and went to give the one-two back to Blake. Instead Jason quite literally just stopped, forcing Baker to make a U-turn and give the handball off under extreme pressure.

Two poor mistakes from a professional player and he should want to rectify his attacking skills/mindset ASAP.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what did his opponent do yesterday???

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:what did his opponent do yesterday???
How he played defensively is irrelevant to what he does when he (or a teammate in close vicinity) has the sherrin. People are crapping on about Gram's so called kicking deficiencies but at least when Gram doesn't cleanly dispose of the ball, in most occasions the disposal is still to St Kilda's advantage.

Blake's mistakes (good name for a club eh??) are downright silly and can be easily solved with a bit of football education. As for your question, Jack Riewoldt had quite a solid game and could've been more dangerous had he kicked straight.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so how a defender played on his opp is irrelevant?
that wasnt the only mistake down back yesterday.....
jack riewoldt had a good first quarter.......thats it

fingers
Saintsational Legend

SHould have been wearing clash jumpers - obviously a problem :roll:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Our handballing down back was pretty ordinary all up yesterday.
Sam Fisher made 4 or 5 shockers. I reckon he's playing injured at the moment, making unusual mistakes and doesn't seem to be running as well.

Bring back the Lockett era
roxanne
Club Player

Back to Blakey for a minute -

Also saw him stand in front of packs, throw his body into contests to protect the man getting the ball, shepherd at every opportunity, tackle like a demon, often going twice, even three times. Saw him take defensive marks, create opportunities for players under pressure and run his guts out all day.
Just another day at the office for Jason Blake.
(Also saw him carry our ruck for three years but that's another story)

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Shrappy
Club Player

Had nothing to do with the Jumpers, Blake Panicked.... not for the first or last time

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Back to Blakey for a minute -

Also saw him stand in front of packs, throw his body into contests to protect the man getting the ball, shepherd at every opportunity, tackle like a demon, often going twice, even three times. Saw him take defensive marks, create opportunities for players under pressure and run his guts out all day.
Just another day at the office for Jason Blake.
(Also saw him carry our ruck for three years but that's another story)
Geez, Roxanne posting logic and common sense like this will soon see you get banned on this site.....

Blake is a beauty and is easily in our best 18, He would be a coaches dream, give him instructions, wind him up and let him play. Yes he makes mistakes but he also sacrifices himself time and time again for the benefit of the side.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Shrappy wrote:Had nothing to do with the Jumpers, Blake Panicked.... not for the first or last time
prove to me that you're not a troll.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Happened right in front of us....just a pure mistake, he wasn't even under that much pressure....certainly wasn't from panicking. He and another Saints player just laughed and shook their heads (given the shot was a poster)....it sometimes happens, they're not robots and I refer anyone who cares to the fact Blake is our second most effecient disposer of the ball for the year!

Nee!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Blake to Riewoldt

bergholt wrote:Is it just me, or did Blake handpass directly to the wrong Riewoldt halfway through the last quarter, inside defensive 50?
?
He did...he hanballed to the Roo2 in space....

Was a shocker..

Luckilly Roo2 muffed it...or it would have been an east goal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
claystreet
Club Player

Shrappy wrote:Had nothing to do with the Jumpers, Blake Panicked.... not for the first or last time
Rubbish learn something about the game

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Luckilly Roo2 muffed it...or it would have been an east goal.
I think they were kicking to the North...

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Probably got a call from jack and dished it off before checking - a poor mistake, he does occasionally make some poor choices. But anything he costs us he well and truly makes up over the course of the game - a very honest footballer and i would think an inspiration to the less naturally talented junior players at the club. One of the reasons we've improved so much this year is every player in the team giving their all and following orders, focusing on the team game - like blake has been doing for years now!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Is it just me, or did Blake handpass directly to the wrong Riewoldt halfway through the last quarter, inside defensive 50?

What was going on there? I haven't seen a replay or anything, but it looked pretty silly at the time, considering he was facing him and everything. Does Jack look so much like Nick that JB couldn't tell the difference?
As much as I dont rate Blake's decision making and disposal....This was a clear sign of jumper clash.

Knew Goddard was in the vicinity, and as should be expected, used his peripheral vision to spot a teammate.....Incorrectly identified a richmond player....

As fast as the game is, played in all directions two teams should not be based around black jumpers. Yet it only happens in our game. Soccer, such a traditional game, that refuses to grow with the times doesn't even allow this to happen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yes Blake made a mistake or 2 so did plenty of others but lets get rid of Blake because he is one of those players that we cannot have in the side if we are to win the flag. Every player in a winning GF side must be a star and never make mistakes. And this post is only directed to the Blake haters and you know who you are.

bozza1980
Club Player

He deserves his spot in the side, he makes mistakes but is not on his Pat Malone.

Unfairly maligned by supporters but seems to have the rightful respect of the playing list and coaching staff.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Blake makes one obvious, massive clanger a game... Every game..

Apart from that he was quite good... I prefer him to do something stupid in the first quarter, cos then its out of the way for the match....

aussiejones
Club Player

I saw Lenny shoot a hand pass to a Tiger

claystreet
Club Player

Cant have a thread without whipping Blake, hes the only player makes mistakes. Ross doesnt know his footy to keep selecting such a hack week in week out hoping he may come good.

All the unpublished critics should be down the club letting Ross and his team of coaches know how to select a player.

FFS can we give Blake a rest? lets pick on Roo for missing a shot or Kosi for a bad lead up or Gram what a shyt kick and Lenny for feeding a tigger the pill.

Love to see these armchair experts get a game :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i spose theres aways a few fav whipping boys.

mine used to be burss :D

bob
Club Player

he probably has Jack in his DT & new we were well up & thought he's get some easy points...unlucky for him jack muffed it :lol:

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year