Assistance Please

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Behind Play
Club Player

Assistance Please

Although their name suggests an association with a higher power, St Kilda has always been entrenched at the bottom of the ladder. The club began its life by losing its first 48 matches; a sequence of failure which remains unparalleled to this day." Now thats funny" From round one 1897 to round five 1903, the club's record was 2 wins - 101 losses - 1 draw."That's even funnier" The Saints hold the record for the lowest score in an VFL/AFL match (1point) and with 26 wooden spoons, they hold the record for finishing last on most occasions."That's even more funnier" The Saints have only one premiership which took a VFL record of 67 years to achieve.
"Now that's hillarious"

Disclaimer: Being offended by the above information is stiff ! As it is all "Factual Information"
No responsibility will be taken for offended person/persons.

I was sent this email by a very jealous Collingwood supporter, now I need the assistance of the readers to help me formulate an answer which will really hurt him.
He tried the samething last year but was truly floored when we beat thim in the finals....boy did I give it to him.

Thanks guys.

milney044
Club Player

I wouldn't be bothered with them. What ever you say, they'll still rub their historic glory in your face. It drives me crazy especially when, since we defeated them in '66, they have won the same amount of flags as us. So who friggin cares about their flags really. They drive me insane!
Lets just hope we can beat them again in the finals and you can rub it in once again.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just tell him one is the best number and to stop being a tosser
:twisted:

Skildir
Club Player

Re: Assistance Please

Yeah, that 1897-1903 period is the most important in the VFL/AFL history, nothing that has happened since will alter the deep and lasting impact of those seven years.

Sure, in 2009 St Kilda is on top of the ladder, having already beaten Collingwood by 14 goals in what turned into a glorified training run but I reckon even during that game the players and the coach were thinking about the events of 110 years ago. :roll:

Collingwood have a prestigious history but it all happened before most people were born and now, with massive amounts of money, the best stadium deal in Melbourne and a draw so favourable it's comparable to the Brisbane/Sydney salary cap concessions, they're still duds.

And their coach is twit

And their President is a dribbler

And St Kilda may have been crap for a long time but I'd still rather follow them than Collingwood / Carlton / Essendon or any of the others even if we never win another premiership.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

1 flag in the last 50 years, the same us.

enuff said.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
GrumpyOne

Who cares about statistics.......... just kick him in the nuts anyway. :D

lendog heaven
Club Player

just 3 words - strength through loyalty

Tramps like us.............
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

One great thing about being a St Kilda supporter (especially from the country) is that meeting a fellow St Kilda supporter (except at the footy of course) is exciting. Because there are so few of us out there - its a rare thrill. Granted, its a pretty lame thing to get excited about but -

The same couldn't be said for Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton supporters. They ahve so many supporters, when they meet another one its just like "well of course you suport them, who else would you support?"I think I prefer being in the minority.

When someone tells me to "come back to them when we've won another 15 flags" (You know who you are, Barry) my reply is Ã

felixleo
Club Player

Tell him they could have had the beginnings of a good side.
2001 draft pick 11 Richard Cole pick 13 Nick del Santo
pick 27 Tom Davidson pick 37 Leigh Montagna

2003 draft pick 17 Billy Morrison
pick 32 Brayden Shaw
pick 35 Brent Hall pick 55 Sam Fisher

2005 draft pick 23 Ryan Cook pick 33 Sam Gilbert

Also I find heartwarming the story of Leigh Matthews being sacked from the filth in 95 and going on to coach the triple premiership with Brisbane twice over the filth. (as bruce says 'delicious')

Are you gonna be the one?
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:Although their name suggests an association with a higher power, St Kilda has always been entrenched at the bottom of the ladder. The club began its life by losing its first 48 matches; a sequence of failure which remains unparalleled to this day." Now thats funny" From round one 1897 to round five 1903, the club's record was 2 wins - 101 losses - 1 draw."That's even funnier" The Saints hold the record for the lowest score in an VFL/AFL match (1point) and with 26 wooden spoons, they hold the record for finishing last on most occasions."That's even more funnier" The Saints have only one premiership which took a VFL record of 67 years to achieve.
"Now that's hillarious"

Disclaimer: Being offended by the above information is stiff ! As it is all "Factual Information"

I was sent this email by a very jealous Collingwood supporter, now I need the assistance of the readers to help me formulate an answer which will really hurt him.
He tried the samething last year but was truly floored when we beat thim in the finals....boy did I give it to him.

Thanks guys.
I am sorry but is this a joke? A Collingwood supporter who can form words and sentences?

What a strange world we live in..

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yep, 1966. Shuts 'em up quick smart.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:The Saints have only one premiership which took a VFL record of 67 years to achieve.
This one's confusing...isn't the longest gap between premiships currently the Swans (73 years)? Of course, we've got to wait a couple decades to top that one, the Bulldogs a bit less. Of course, he might be talking VFL instead of AFL...being such a nostalgic guy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Behind Play wrote:The Saints have only one premiership which took a VFL record of 67 years to achieve.
This one's confusing...isn't the longest gap between premiships currently the Swans (73 years)? Of course, we've got to wait a couple decades to top that one, the Bulldogs a bit less. Of course, he might be talking VFL instead of AFL...being such a nostalgic guy.
I think he means we took the longest to win a flag so far.

Russman
Club Player

Our premiership in 1966 is more famous than all theirs put together

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Also this might be off topic but it was actually 69 years.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
I think he means we took the longest to win a flag so far.
Meh. We've won one more recently then the Bulldogs...what does that prove. Anyway, he's obviously a d**khead, so why would you even bother...it's time to point to the scoreboard.

PS: Yeah, sure...1 point, but we followed it up with an absolute balltearer against the Blues in round 6 of 1899. I'm sure he remembers the delayed telecast. :roll:
Last edited by degruch on Fri 26 Jun 2009 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:Although their name suggests an association with a higher power, St Kilda has always been entrenched at the bottom of the ladder. The club began its life by losing its first 48 matches; a sequence of failure which remains unparalleled to this day." Now thats funny" From round one 1897 to round five 1903, the club's record was 2 wins - 101 losses - 1 draw."That's even funnier" The Saints hold the record for the lowest score in an VFL/AFL match (1point) and with 26 wooden spoons, they hold the record for finishing last on most occasions."That's even more funnier" The Saints have only one premiership which took a VFL record of 67 years to achieve.
"Now that's hillarious"

Thanks guys.

ask him what the saints and his filth have in common.......one flag each in the past 50 years.....and whilst we are about to double our total ....he is going to have to wait a long long time........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
PJ
SS Life Member

C - Cretinous
O - Overrated
L - Lowlife
L - Loser
I - Inbred
N - Neanderthal
G - Grotesque
W - Winging
O - Organisation
O - Of
D - Deadarses

Everyweek they press gang the drunk and homeless of the back streets of Melbourne's seedier suburbs to form their supporter base that is led by an asylum escapee wearing a gold jacket

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
ace
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Also this might be off topic but it was actually 69 years.
I think the saints were excluded for a couple of years during WWII.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
felixleo
Club Player

PJ "pressgang' how old are you? At least you didn't say Shanghai.

Are you gonna be the one?
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

tell him congratulations...as one of 10% of the collingwood fans who can read, write, have the majority of their own teeth and are currently or previously not been in jail, he can consider himself one of the truly elite that support his club...and leave it at that :)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!