The run home

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The run home

I just had a look at the Saints' draw after reading the Hun's breakdown of the remaining fixture for all teams.

Aside from next week against Geelong, the one other game I would label a "crunch" game is against the Doggies in round 17. And it also happens to be the only remaining game on Saturday night at Docklands for the season.

I couldn't have hoped for a better night to play them...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

While Hawks are currently out of form...they might be up ad about by then. So the Tassie game is a danger game too. Though the Haks are in disaray and may stay that way...but the sniff of finals may awaken them.

However the Hawks were13th for contested ball last year in the midfield...and their rolling zone got around this. Everyone is a wake up now and so their midfield is looking ordinary.

Doggies...yes are flying now...that at the cats game I am expecting to e red-hot. The Doogs wll be harder to knock off the second time around.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

The dogs are overrated. Big time.

Yes they took it right up to Geelong. But that's something West Coast, Fremantle and Richmond have also managed to do.

The dogs have beaten one of the top nine sides. Adelaide.

They have not played Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood or Brisbane.

They were comfortably beaten by Carlton and us. They were narrowly beaten by Geelong.

And if anyone says 'they nearly beat Geelong', well, they nearly lost Melbourne also.

Back on topic, I believe between Round 13 and Round 20, all our games are quite difficult, but the dogs game is at the lower end. I'm more worried about the three interstate games. I'll be very happy with 5-2 from that period.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:The dogs are overrated. Big time.

Yes they took it right up to Geelong. But that's something West Coast, Fremantle and Richmond have also managed to do.

The dogs have beaten one of the top nine sides. Adelaide.

They have not played Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood or Brisbane.

They were comfortably beaten by Carlton and us. They were narrowly beaten by Geelong.

And if anyone says 'they nearly beat Geelong', well, they nearly lost Melbourne also.

Back on topic, I believe between Round 13 and Round 20, all our games are quite difficult, but the dogs game is at the lower end. I'm more worried about the three interstate games. I'll be very happy with 5-2 from that period.
Fair point well made.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I think our run home is quite difficult,more than the HS indicates.

Geelong...

West Coast at subi- Atrocious record over there,and they're a different side,it won't be easy

Dogs- Don't agree they're overated. We played them when they were playing at 60%. They're now at 100

Sydney at SCG- They love challenges. Not easy to beat on that excuse of a footy ground

Hawks- Travel to tassie,they could be firing again

Bombers- Worried us slightly last time when we were at our peak

If our form drops,we drop plenty on the way home

Bring back the Lockett era
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:
Agree that our run home is challenging. It's probably good that it is. The Hawks in Tassie - where we have a poor record, the Filth, Sydney in Sydney, WC at Subi, the Bummers. Plenty of challenges there.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I would love for this year to be the first year ever we win all six interstate games but I reckon we are likely to drop one or both of the Sydney and West Coast games.

I think we'll beat Hawthorn in tassie believe it or not, despite playing at Aurora stadium where we suck!

I have predicted us to lose two or three matches this year - spaced out losses to either Geelong or West Coast; Adelaide and Essendon or North melbourne.

I'm not getting ahead of myself I swear. this is just my prediction!