Round 14

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Round 14

Officially SOLD OUT!

Well done Saints fans (and Geelong, I guess).

Its our home game, right?

Gates are ours?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Yep,should be a nice money earner for a change.
Anyone got any ideas of how much we'd recieve from the gates?

Bring back the Lockett era
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Yep,should be a nice money earner for a change.
Dont know - but look at it this way - I believe (from rumour and innuendo only) that the contract is structured so that teams have to pay 100% of the shorfall if they dont reach breakeven. That being said and assumming break even is 33,000 then with The Kangas falling short by 18 the other week and having to pay $125K - one would assume that a crowd of 51K will get us a profit share of the same $125K (again assuming 50-50) we would walk away with $62.5K from a capacity crowd - maybe a few more dollars if the crowd is more than 51K - but not many!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Yep,should be a nice money earner for a change.
I think it's around about a can of coke and a mars bar!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think the size of the crowd will have nothing to do with the profit. It will depend on how many paying customers there are and what reserved seating was sold so to make a bigger profit we actually need to get less members and more paying customers as silly as it sounds.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would think the size of the crowd will have nothing to do with the profit. It will depend on how many paying customers there are and what reserved seating was sold so to make a bigger profit we actually need to get less members and more paying customers as silly as it sounds.
But given that our membership is around 32000 (which is very close to the figure Sainter_Dad was using of 33,000), then accounting for the total of corporate boxes, medallion CLub and Access 1 seats sold by the Stadium, there would have to be at least 15000 paying customers in a crowd of 51,000?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I would think the size of the crowd will have nothing to do with the profit. It will depend on how many paying customers there are and what reserved seating was sold so to make a bigger profit we actually need to get less members and more paying customers as silly as it sounds.
But given that our membership is around 32000 (which is very close to the figure Sainter_Dad was using of 33,000), then accounting for the total of corporate boxes, medallion CLub and Access 1 seats sold by the Stadium, there would have to be at least 15000 paying customers in a crowd of 51,000?
There would be more than 15000 hopefully closer to 25000 which will give us a bigger profit. My point was that even if only 30000 turned up it will not change how much profit they make. That profit would be decided already.