Belvedere Park.. Any progress? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:BTW didn't someone on this forum have a look at Archies books a while ago in relation to this??
Archie didn't have books, they were comics.

Don't you remember Jughead and Veronica?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:BTW didn't someone on this forum have a look at Archies books a while ago in relation to this??
Archie didn't have books, they were comics.

Don't you remember Jughead and Veronica?
an absolute disgrace of a comment....

yeah he left the club he has followed and moved on to run the A League...

More money for him and a better exposure ....

I don't begrudge him at all and I wish him well...

He is great at what he does and has always provided time to communicate with the supporters whilst at the Club...

Just who are you..

Jughead or Veronica ???

I'm tipping both

:idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

So, St Fid is Archie's love child.

If you believe all Archie did was to the benefit of St Kilda Football Club I feel sorry for you .

I have no doubt the reason the Linton Street development didn't go ahead is because of Archie's inability to deal with women.

He may be an astute businessman, but when women are involved his record is abysmal.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:So, St Fid is Archie's love child.

If you believe all Archie did was to the benefit of St Kilda Football Club I feel sorry for you .

I have no doubt the reason the Linton Street development didn't go ahead is because of Archie's inability to deal with women.

He may be an astute businessman, but when women are involved his record is abysmal.
So Archie is at fault with the Linton Street development and he is the sole reason it didn't go ahead??

I am not Archie's "love child" but I believe he has done well with where we are at the moment and if it was not for him, maybe we would not be in this position.

Any wonder the couple of mangers I have spoken to at the Club recently say that they don't rate this site anymore and most now don't even bother to come on here....

Again, comments like yours are a disgrace

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

So Archie is at fault with the Linton Street development and he is the sole reason it didn't go ahead??

I am not Archie's "love child" but I believe he has done well with where we are at the moment and if it was not for him, maybe we would not be in this position.

Any wonder the couple of mangers I have spoken to at the Club recently say that they don't rate this site anymore and most now don't even bother to come on here....

Why would anyone rate a fan forum..it is what it is.....insignificant...

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Damien (saintsational) started this forum with all good intentions, I believe he has now moved on because this site is not want he wanted and he could see that two years ago...

A few years ago we had our coach reporting on this site from overseas with an update on the pre season camp...

This site has gone down hill and comments like Bernard Shakey does not help IMO

This site is turning to crap every week and is getting less popular by the day

Just my opinion

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Another example is when I mentioned to an Executive and a Manager of the Saints that I posted on Saintsatiional they just cringed....

THAT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK!

I now feel somewhat embarrassed to say to these Officials that I am a member of Saintsational and this should not be the case....

Yes, we have the right as supporters to voice our opinion..

but it has turned into a sh1tfight and most threads going over 2 pages can be ignored IMO

This site was a good one, but now it's just a shadow of what it was

Any wonder Saintsational (Damien) does not post anymore...

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Damien (saintsational) started this forum with all good intentions, I believe he has now moved on because this site is not want he wanted and he could see that two years ago...

A few years ago we had our coach reporting on this site from overseas with an update on the pre season camp...

This site has gone down hill and comments like Bernard Shakey does not help IMO

This site is turning to crap every week and is getting less popular by the day

Just my opinion
Its a pity that some of the other malcontents on this forum don't follow Damian's lead and exit with grace, rather than hang around with their "Holier Than Thou"attitude. :x

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Another example is when I mentioned to an Executive and a Manager of the Saints that I posted on Saintsatiional they just cringed....

THAT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK!

I now feel somewhat embarrassed to say to these Officials that I am a member of Saintsational and this should not be the case....

but it has turned into a sh1tfight and most threads going over 2 pages can be ignored IMO

plugger has been here about 2 years....i see what you mean...

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:[
Its a pity that some of the other malcontents on this forum don't follow Damian's lead and exit with grace, rather than hang around with their "Holier Than Thou"attitude. :x
well then are you leaving this site?

that would be great seeing that you have mouthed off so much about the banner that a poster spent so many hours in designing, and you have continually abused and insulted him and your signature was forced to be rephrased because of the obvious insult on Moorabbin Saints original banner ....

You are one one the reasons why this site has turned to sh1t ...

Your constant banter on something that is so trivial was astounding, if not anal...

Anyway, I have always enjoyed your contribution into the Saints Forum and gee, you really know you stuff, you have great football knowledge but some how direct it to the General Forum with pictures of women...

Just a fantastic input from you and it will be a pity to see you leave....

Please stay on...

I just really love your input

:roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I had a meeting with Archie and the head of Stratcorp just prior to Archie's departure in Stratcorps boardroom where they politely and rightfully sat me at the head of the table.

I secretly taped this meeting, so if anyone is interested in the very private and confidential information that was revealed to me in good faith, I will be making copies available to anyone interested for the bargain price of $19.95 including steak knives and wait, there's more, I will even throw in a personally signed private message from Michael Rix.

Seriously,
1. Yes, I did secretly tape this meeting
2. Yes, there was some interesting info revealed
3. No, the $19.95 offer is not for real
4. Please NO PM's from anyone wanting to know anything about this, I will not reply

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
I had a meeting with Archie and the head of Stratcorp just prior to Archie's departure in Stratcorps boardroom where they politely and rightfully sat me at the head of the table.

I secretly taped this meeting, so if anyone is interested in the very private and confidential information that was revealed to me in good faith, I will be making copies available to anyone interested for the bargain price of $19.95 including steak knives and wait, there's more, I will even throw in a personally signed private message from Michael Rix.

Seriously,
4. Please NO PM's from anyone wanting to know anything about this, I will not reply
But B4e, did your meeting allay some/all of the fears you had with teh decisions and/or the decision making process?

I'm not looking for actual details just input as to whether you still feel the same way on this issue since your meeting?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Seriously,
Was the meeting a desperate attempt by you to get Michael Rix back?

Legendary
Club Player

Members of the St Kilda football club made representations to the new Kingston Council after they were elected earleir this year, but these talks left them feeling that the position was unchanged ... and that it made far better sense to proceed with Seaford.

This is fact.

The club did re-explore the option of Moorabbin, but we have a far better deal at Seaford and that's where we are going.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Another example is when I mentioned to an Executive and a Manager of the Saints that I posted on Saintsatiional they just cringed....

THAT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK!

plugger has been here about 2 years....i see what you mean...
Apparently started going downhill 4 years ago. Have no idea what coincided with though.

casey scorp
Club Player

Legendary wrote:Members of the St Kilda football club made representations to the new Kingston Council after they were elected earleir this year, but these talks left them feeling that the position was unchanged ... and that it made far better sense to proceed with Seaford.

This is fact.

The club did re-explore the option of Moorabbin, but we have a far better deal at Seaford and that's where we are going.
It may have been unintentional, but the wording of the post above begs other questions.

"Members ...made representations to the new Kingston Council"

Was that an unofficial approach by a group of "members" as distinct from the club itself?

"The club did re-explore the option of Moorabbin..."

Did the club re-explore the option of Moorabbin with the Council itself?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ALLEGEDLY !!

Legendary
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
It may have been unintentional, but the wording of the post above begs other questions.

"Members ...made representations to the new Kingston Council"

Was that an unofficial approach by a group of "members" as distinct from the club itself?

"The club did re-explore the option of Moorabbin..."

Did the club re-explore the option of Moorabbin with the Council itself?
Members of the club = those appointed in positions to make these decisions and represent the club - i.e. the club's board and administration staff.

As far as I am led to believe, whilst this was not a formal process, there was an exploration of the Kingston option again, and it involved consultation with the council ... but the Seaford offer could not be matched.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Ahh Casey Scorp...... from reading the thread, it's good to see you invested another full weekend in trying to hold back the tide of inevitablity.... I hope it was a fruitful and rewarding experience.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
casey scorp
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:Ahh Casey Scorp...... from reading the thread, it's good to see you invested another full weekend in trying to hold back the tide of inevitablity.... I hope it was a fruitful and rewarding experience.
What else to do with a weekend when there's no AFL matches in town!

But, as a matter of fact, it was only a slight diversion. There was plenty more done over the weekend. Running, bike, swimming all fitted in a couple of times, as well as going to Box Hill today. As well as house-hunting.

It's amazing how much time is freed up on a split round weekend when the saints and the Scorps aren't playing.

I also enjoy the debate on the forum about our long term home. It's an interesting topic, but as well as that it is critical to the future of the club.

I'm not sure that all the cards have yet been played in this particular hand. It may well end up that we move to Seaford (or maybe even some other location in Frankston) - there is certainly a strong push that way. But until the inevitability which you describe actually occurs, then I'll hold out hope that wiser heads will ultimately prevail.

But I do find it strange that:

* the positive messages of last November with media releases and updates on Saintcentral etc that all is racing along on target and budget have all stopped

* there is not even an update being offered by the club as to when there will be some visible progress

* even the lemmings aren't game to nominate a date by which works should have started at BP in order for them to maintain that it is still only a minor delay.

You see the club had:

* from September 2008 to May 2009 to get the approvals, design and tendering done (having already undertaken substantial investigations, including concept design and negotiation with the Council so they wouldn't be starting afresh). So, finalise the design, dot the i's cross the t's and we're away....supposedly.

* May 2009 to May 2010 to build the facility.

I agree that a month is neither here nor there in the overall scheme of things, but it's the worrying silence from our Board and/or executive about progress - particularly compared to how overt they were towards the end of last year about it.

If you aren't worried, or don't think it's odd, then that's up to you. But IMO, it seems that we just can't nail this damn redevelopment despite having been at it for almost 3 years since the first announcement that it would proceed at Linton Street followed by FP then BP.

You at least have to admit we haven't managed it well (but then again perhaps some people just can't bring themselves to question any aspect of the club).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

There is no debate about where will be training in the future. Its Seaford as the club has stated. You are the only one debating it. Just one question. Do you think it was a good move for Melbourne to move to Casy to train there on some occasions?

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:There is no debate about where will be training in the future. Its Seaford as the club has stated. You are the only one debating it. Just one question. Do you think it was a good move for Melbourne to move to Casy to train there on some occasions?
Yes, I think they made the right decision for two reasons - one a strategic football reason, and the other a strategic non-football reason:

* they have been nomadic for the last 25 years with no summer training base and a crap winter base at Junction Oval, so Casey Fields provides stability and facilities for MFC over summer and on occasions through the season

* they have not had a defined geographic support base for decades, and the particular characteristics of their demographic support base meant that the clubs supporters would eventually die out, or at least go into severe decline. The establishment of a base, and a strong community program in Casey, means that the club will get the opportunity to develop a whole new support base from the kids who grow up in Casey - the most populous Council in Victoria with rampant growth for another 30 years. It will take a generation, but with the population of Casey growing from today's 240,000 to an ultimate population of 450,000 to 500,000, together with additional growth in Cardinia, and with an obviously very co-operative working relationship with the Council in delivering the community program, MFC looks likely to reap substantial benefits (particularly as MFC's on-field performance is likely to improve dramatically over the next 5-10 years as the early draft picks mature, and this will increase the appeal to young impressionable kids).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:There is no debate about where will be training in the future. Its Seaford as the club has stated. You are the only one debating it. Just one question. Do you think it was a good move for Melbourne to move to Casy to train there on some occasions?
Yes, I think they made the right decision for two reasons - one a strategic football reason, and the other a strategic non-football reason:

* they have been nomadic for the last 25 years with no summer training base and a crap winter base at Junction Oval, so Casey Fields provides stability and facilities for MFC over summer and on occasions through the season

* they have not had a defined geographic support base for decades, and the particular characteristics of their demographic support base meant that the clubs supporters would eventually die out, or at least go into severe decline. The establishment of a base, and a strong community program in Casey, means that the club will get the opportunity to develop a whole new support base from the kids who grow up in Casey - the most populous Council in Victoria with rampant growth for another 30 years. It will take a generation, but with the population of Casey growing from today's 240,000 to an ultimate population of 450,000 to 500,000, together with additional growth in Cardinia, and with an obviously very co-operative working relationship with the Council in delivering the community program, MFC looks likely to reap substantial benefits (particularly as MFC's on-field performance is likely to improve dramatically over the next 5-10 years as the early draft picks mature, and this will increase the appeal to young impressionable kids).
Why would anyone support a club because they train in the area? No one watches training for a start.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Nothing, just a little area where they have dug up the ground (dont know if that has to do with the development?, apart from that nothing.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Why would anyone support a club because they train in the area? No one watches training for a start.
It's not the training that draws people in - it's the community program.

There is great value in terms of community development with AFL players and other community programs run by AFL clubs.

It was a 2-way street. MFC wanted a training venue, and the Council wanted the benefits of an intensive community program.

The community program involves the club going out to schools, business, service clubs, sports clubs etc in the community which establishes connection and community support for theclub.

But the real benefit for MFC will come when the young kids start barracking for Melbourne and pester their parents to take them to games so they can watch the hero play a match who visited their school and who they emulate in the lunchtime footy matches.