Caro Wilson wrong about Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:Caro is good at what she does. She's not an expert on the technical aspects of the game and doesn't pretend to be so. She reports on the human and professional relationships of the AFL world, drawing on observed behaviour and private gossip.

A paper once published a photo of a young Caro, and she looked pretty tasty to me. Like many of us (and I'm sure many of you) she hasn't aged especially well. So bloody what. I might be being a bit unfair in accusing some of those posters who dump endlessly on Gwilt and Raph of racism, but the only way of describing negative statements about Caro's appearance is to call them what they are: "sexism".

As for Caro's predictions at the start of the season, she wasn't too far off the mark re Carlton (who I still reckon are running neck and neck with the Lions for 4th spot at the end of 22 rounds).

Yes, she was wrong about Richmond. But she's a Tigers supporter. I was wrong about the Saints in 2006 and 2007: I thought we'd make the GF in both of those seasons. I'm sure many of you were too. On the scale of stupid things written by journos about AFL, Caro's prediction that the Tigers would finish ahead of the Saints this year doesn't even appear on the radar screen for mine.

And I had the Tigers in my top 8 at the start of this year. They have been profoundly disappointing.

So lay off Caro.
That's all well and good MB, but don't you realize that according to some on here, the IQ and intelligence of a woman is inextricably linked to the shape of her @rse and the size of her t1ts... and whether or not someone would consider doing the deed with her?

What's wrong with you man? How dare you stray from the vocal majority's constant sexist slagging off of the woman!

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
ace
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I just cant get past that 'look at moi' hair flick she constantly does on FC.... and I cant decide who is the least attractive out of her, hutchy and GT.

All have good heads for radio.
Michelle Gratten of The Age is jealous of the looks of all of them.
Talk about a head that needs burying in a newspaper.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I now can't be bothered read anything she writes and won't watch shows with her on it ,,, definatly do not agree with her stands and opinions on things.

How in the hell is she a senior football writer ??? I'll never understand

As for those who think Caro is great at what she does ,,,,
opinions are like arseholes ,,, everyone has one ,, go ahead , keep reading her drivel.

What will be next from this club ?
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:I now can't be bothered read anything she writes and won't watch shows with her on it ,,, definatly do not agree with her stands and opinions on things.

How in the hell is she a senior football writer ??? I'll never understand

As for those who think Caro is great at what she does ,,,,
opinions are like arseholes ,,, everyone has one ,, go ahead , keep reading her drivel.
Thanks for that. I'll continue now you have given your blessing! :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Milton66
SS Life Member

FWIW, she had the mail about sham appointment of GT years before they finally fessed up about it.

Funny how we all come on here and give an educated opinion, yet when a media person does it, they get derided.

She's paid to break stopries, as well as throw out opinions for discussion and consideration.

Agree or disagree with her and other journos if you want, but:

1- be grateful that we live in a country where we have the freedom of speech to do so, and

2- disagree without the churlish personal insults.

One wonders how certain posters would react if any of their kids turned out to be butt-ugly, and others insulted them.

Is my moral horse high enough for eveyone? :lol:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:She also named Alastair Smith in her best 22 at the start of the season.
Show us that article if you can. She wouldnt even know Smith plays for us.
Perhaps you should apply the same standards to your own posts as you apply to everyone else's.

What does that actually mean? Do you have a copy of the article that Caro wrote?
There you go again.

Maybe you think you have a monopoly on sarcasm on this forum.

No Caro did not write an an article putting Alastair Smith in her best 22. But Jabber started a thread before round 1 saying he would play.

I'll spell everything out for you in future.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:The point is- she cant even talk properly, why should she have a view and work in the media?
Why shouldnt she. She obviously good at what she does or she wouldnt be head footy writer of the Age or be on radio and on TV.

sure....we believe you..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

........actually she is just a bottom feeder in a scummie profession....the lowest of the low......loves to rake the dirt ...especially if it involves st kilda....i dislike her with a passion.....and it has nothing to do with her looks or figure...the fact that i find her repulsive is secondary....contrary to some of the pc crap written by some johnny come lately newbie smartarse with a smart mouth...........and a poison keyboard..... :twisted: :twisted: ....what is with some pple on here.......not allowed to express an opinion these days......?????....don't like it flower off.... ffs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:The point is- she cant even talk properly, why should she have a view and work in the media?
Why shouldnt she. She obviously good at what she does or she wouldnt be head footy writer of the Age or be on radio and on TV.

sure....we believe you..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

........actually she is just a bottom feeder in a scummie profession....the lowest of the low......loves to rake the dirt ...especially if it involves st kilda....i dislike her with a passion.....and it has nothing to do with her looks or figure...the fact that i find her repulsive is secondary....contrary to some of the pc crap written by some johnny come lately newbie smartarse with a smart mouth...........and a poison keyboard..... :twisted: :twisted: ....what is with some pple on here.......not allowed to express an opinion these days......?????....don't like it flower off.... ffs.....
Hey cleaner man. Its not a matter of believing me. She is the head footy writer of the Age and she is on TV and radio. Cleaning is pretty dirty job as well especially cleaning out lawyers rooms. Lawyers are lower than journo's by a long way.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

VietNam_Saint wrote:I now can't be bothered read anything she writes and won't watch shows with her on it...
I thought she wrote a really good article on Fergus Watts a while back. I think articles like that are her strong point. I'm not much of a fan of the inside-the-club machinations stuff she writes. Her actual writing is much better than Sheehan's though. Sheehan infurates me - and yet I love the show he's on and hate the one she's on.

I wouldn't recommend watching FC, but that's not her fault. The host has the charisma of a sack of potatoes. The four panelists have very little respect for one another. They tend to focus on the negative aspects of football. It tends to get into point-scoring arguments and she isn't the world's greatest orator. She seemed much more at home in the friendly confines of WLF. She made the occasional odd comment on that show, but most people would from time to time.

She gets way more criticism than she warrants. Few picked us to be flying at the level we are now. In the preseason poll I picked 'about the same as last year'. I think most people did. Yet for some reason we have the 'Alistair Smith to debut Round 1' guy criticisng her and her alone for not seeing the future.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:[

Hey cleaner man. Its not a matter of believing me. She is the head footy writer of the Age and she is on TV and radio. Cleaning is pretty dirty job as well especially cleaning out lawyers rooms. Lawyers are lower than journo's by a long way.

what i was referring to......a n d i w i l l t y p e s l o w l y s o y o u c a n k e e p u p ......was this comment of yours.....

"She obviously good at what she does".....it ain't obvious to me albert..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ryanstein
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Caro is good at what she does. She's not an expert on the technical aspects of the game and doesn't pretend to be so. She reports on the human and professional relationships of the AFL world, drawing on observed behaviour and private gossip.

A paper once published a photo of a young Caro, and she looked pretty tasty to me. Like many of us (and I'm sure many of you) she hasn't aged especially well. So bloody what. I might be being a bit unfair in accusing some of those posters who dump endlessly on Gwilt and Raph of racism, but the only way of describing negative statements about Caro's appearance is to call them what they are: "sexism".

As for Caro's predictions at the start of the season, she wasn't too far off the mark re Carlton (who I still reckon are running neck and neck with the Lions for 4th spot at the end of 22 rounds).

Yes, she was wrong about Richmond. But she's a Tigers supporter. I was wrong about the Saints in 2006 and 2007: I thought we'd make the GF in both of those seasons. I'm sure many of you were too. On the scale of stupid things written by journos about AFL, Caro's prediction that the Tigers would finish ahead of the Saints this year doesn't even appear on the radar screen for mine.

And I had the Tigers in my top 8 at the start of this year. They have been profoundly disappointing.

So lay off Caro.
Your pro Caro and anti saints agenda has been clear for sometime

JABBER
Club Player

caro wilson wrong about saints

i was playing games at the season start with about 6 or 7 best 22 sides

I Had S Fisher Max X Steven Gilbert Raph Ray Lenny Gram Heyne Roo
Schneider Lynch Kosi Milne King Goddard Ball Gardi Dal Joey Armitage in my best 22 with the idea of youth
but isnt great that other players have stepped up this year
Also as Plugger 66 pointed out in another thred i only put threds in to see how peole respond
You should not bag A Smith before he plays in 2 or 3 years he might develop into a senior player across half back time will tell

trevor barker
reincarnated

Milton66 wrote:

So lay off Caro.
That's all well and good MB, but don't you realize that according to some on here, the IQ and intelligence of a woman is inextricably linked to the shape of her @rse and the size of her t1ts... and whether or not someone would consider doing the deed with her?

What's wrong with you man? How dare you stray from the vocal majority's constant sexist slagging off of the woman!
good point milty old chum

fact is she is paid to have an opinion and like all she gets things wrong

political reports support a side of politics/have agenda's - big whoop

same goes on for financial analysts on tv etc etc

are they lambasted for having an opinion, and an educated one at that?

no of course not

reincarnated says lay off the karo

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:She also named Alastair Smith in her best 22 at the start of the season.
Show us that article if you can. She wouldnt even know Smith plays for us.
Perhaps you should apply the same standards to your own posts as you apply to everyone else's.
With all the double standards............... he's got spares.......

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

So lay off Caro.

good point milty old chum

fact is she is paid to have an opinion and like all she gets things wrong

political reports support a side of politics/have agenda's - big whoop

same goes on for financial analysts on tv etc etc

are they lambasted for having an opinion, and an educated one at that?

no of course not

reincarnated says lay off the karo
I'm not your old chum :twisted:

Milty says Reinc should lay off the Kero (metho is much smoother with cola).

PJ
SS Life Member

A paper once published a photo of a young Caro, and she looked pretty tasty to me.
Aren't you being exactly what you have just gone on to call others "sexist" ??

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Caro is just another journo who in effect is like any other footy supporter..except she gets paid to write her thoughts. I had Richmond down near the bottom this year, and I reckon Carlton have done Ok on enthusiasm, but will fall away near the end of the season. You have to base your predictions on what the playing group of a club is like, and apart from Judd and Fev when he feels like it, Carlton are light on especially in key forward and back positions. Richmond have no real game breakers, have recruited badly and Richo is getting near the end of his career, so they were never going anywhere. the Saints are blessed with good mix of talent across the field and thats why we are sitting on top of the ladder, and any serious footy journo would know that we were always going to be in the top 4.