What This Match Proved?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

'The Violent Stool report'???....

doesnt have the same ring to it...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
I'm not him. That's a fact.
The rhythm of your language is extraordinarily similar to RF's. So too the way you often start each sentence on a new line and the positioning of your punctuation. Syntactic cadence is the expression, I think. If indeed you are not RF, I suggest you might have a twin you are unaware of.

Congratulations.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

Equally, maybe my comments were offensive. Almost as offensive as constant barrages of slanderous negativity. Not quite, though.

Violent Stool
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
I'm not him. That's a fact.
The rhythm of your language is extraordinarily similar to RF's. So too the way you often start each sentence on a new line and the positioning of your punctuation. Syntactic cadence is the expression, I think. If indeed you are not RF, I suggest you might have a twin you are unaware of.

Congratulations.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

Equally, maybe my comments were offensive. Almost as offensive as constant barrages of slanderous negativity. Not quite, though.
I've made about 10 posts this year.

As for the formatting of my posts, I just assume it's easier for people to read. People tend to skim forum posts for the parts they're interested in. I do this to make it easier for people to read.

I seriously didn't realise that this forum was only for people who want to be happy and smile and ignore some (what I think) pretty clear flaws in our team at the moment.

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Violent Stool
Club Player

Re: What This Match Proved?

OneEyedSainter77 wrote: i will say I agree with you on one thing - to miss the GF from here would be INEXCUSABLE. It really is no point being this good this early only to not have a chance to compete for the premiership.
We need to improve on what we've dished up the past month to play in a GF.
What we did in the first 2 months would have won us a GF. The past month wouldn't even qualify us.

Lyon has shown the world what we're capable of, now it's up to him to make sure we can do it when it counts.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What we did in the first 2 months would have won us a GF. The past month wouldn't even qualify us.
Ahhh that explains why we havent heard from you of late until we have suddenly struck this alleged patch of poor form..nothing to grizzle about til now eh?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:All this game showed, is exactly what we all knew (although some would never admit it)....

We rely on our superstars too much. Every single week, our best players are the usual suspects. Hayes, Dal, Joey, Roo.

If these guys don't dominate, we're an ordinary team. Ross Lyon I fear, is falling for the 2 card trick that our supporters are also falling for. If these guys get injured, or even one or two of them get injured - we're rooted. Our eggs in all in one basket.

I read about our brilliant structures, our great depth, our great teamwork blah blah blah. What nonsense. In patches during games, when these guys go quite, what happens? Every time, what happens?

The opposition outplay us.

Where are the structures when Lenny Hayes isn't winning every clearance? Where is the depth when Dal isn't getting clear possessions? Where is the great team play when Joey isn't getting 20 long kicks?

I can't believe I'm reading about Carlton being a real test! You've got to be kidding.

We were very good early in the year. Our pressure and intensity was awesome. But over the past month, as this has dropped slightly and our opponents have turned it up - we're back in the pack.

Our coaching panel need to find something quick. Something other than our stars blitzing the opposition. Something other than our KPIs of tackling and contested footy. Because if Lenny Hayes gets hurt (god forbid) we will suddenly look like an average footy side when we drop in these areas.

Thank god Judd broke his nose.

We have alot of things to address over the next fortnight.

Huge pressure on the coaches. Getting a club to 12-0 and missing the GF would be a massive, massive failure. They have some work to do to make sure we get there. Because currently, I'd back Geelong by 40+ and I'd also take the Bulldogs over us.
This is quite possibly the BIGGEST crock of s*** I've ever read on this site - even taking into account all the trolls and whinges we've had the last five years or so (That's how long I've been reading Saintsational)

In the final quarter of that match, my fifteen year old sister turned to me and said "I don't even care who wins this game - this is the best game I've EVER seen" and I agreed.

The only reason I wanted to be in front at the final siren was so that I could let out the jubilant cry of "Yes!" in the relaisation we had won twelve in a row.

Had we lost on Friday night, we would still be 3 games claer of third spot and we'd still have two weeks before we next played.

One thing that pisses me off about Friday night was hearing these sore loser Carlton fans saying things like "bulls*** they're the best f****** team in the league - they are s***."

Obviosuly people having a whinge about the so called terrible biased umpiring couldn't grasp the fact that maybe, just maybe their team played out of their skins and took it up to a team with a highly pressurised style of gameplay.

No, that couldn't be could it? :roll: :roll:

Furthermore, I'm tired of the following three statements:

One - Lucky Judd broke his nose, huh Sainters? :roll:
Two - Lucky the game only went three quarters, huh sainters? :roll:
Three: - Lucky Fev shanked those shots huh Sainters? :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know what my repsonse to that is?

Yep, things could've been MUCH different if Juddy didn't break his nose, if Fev didn't miss those shots and yer sure, if the game went another ten minutes, sure, we could've been in trouble... but guess what.

Juddy DID break his nose, Fev did MISS those shots and the siren sounded when we nine points in front.

We got the four points for twelfth time in a row this year and the tweltfh time in a row against the blues - we are now 12-0 with a very healthy percentage, we will be playing finals and Calrotn are pushed back to the rest of the pack.

WHy the HELL can't people see Friday night for what it was? A fantastic game of footy between a team which has taken all befor ethem this year and an up and coming team who really took it up to the former team and played one of the best games they psossibly could.

As someone stated here on Friday, Carlton can't play much better than they did on Friday, but we can play a LOT better.

you know what, it's the break now. We have a week to put our feet up, unwind and just prepare ourselves for the tough part of our fixture.

I realise I haven't really addressed the posts made by the Op so I will now.

We DO NOT rely on our stars heavily.

Where do you get that from? Look a the week before last where Gwilt had a purple patch of about five mintes at a CRUCIAL time in the match - is Gwilt a star?! Well, he isn't in this supposed star-studded line up ATM is he?

Look at little things Scheider, Blake and Zac have done this year.

Look at the way Clinton Jones has arrived this year, Sam Gilbert???

They are hnot what you would call stars - up and coming guns, yes, but not stars.

There have been several games this year where one or two of our "stars" have failed to fire and guess what? We won them all.

As for your comment about great teamwork being rubbish - were you even watching the game. how many times on Friday night did a Carlton error lead to St Kilda getting the ball and being able to get out of danger and how did they do that - TEAMWORK. Watch the final quarter carefully, coutless times when it looked like Carlton would threaten to score, our backs would raffle off a few handballs and kciks between them and get out of trouble.

Finally, the last comment about "IF geelong and us polayed next week, we'd lose by 40 points" is just irrelevant. For three reasons.

One - yes, we probably would, but not because we're playing crap or worse than we were before - but because geelong are a BLOODY good footy side.

two - We don't play geelong for three weeks. A LOT can Happen between now and then. North melbourne kciked five goals in the first quarter last week. In the next seven they kicked just another seven.

three - EVen if we do lose to geelong in Round 14 by 40 poiints, WHO REALLY GIVES A s***?

it's a meaningless home and away game which means four points and nothing else.

I would much rather beat them when it counts, such as in a Grand Final.

i will say I agree with you on one thing - to miss the GF from here would be INEXCUSABLE. It really is no point being this good this early only to not have a chance to compete for the premiership.
But I'm hoping the boys will have their heads screwed on and will learn from their mistakes of the last few years...
agree totally

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:'The Violent Stool report'???....

Bur
'Rodger's Stool Analysis' has a certain 'ring' about it.

Uncanny the coincidences between the missing RF and the recently resumed poster Violent Stool.

Didn't someone mention that Rf even used to post on BigFooty as Violent Stool?

Another amazing co-incidence.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Interesting comments by John Ralph today - Saints were a 6 goal better team on Friday night. Even when Blues pushed the Saints structure was better and solid. Blues got some lucky goals and took every opportunity to score. Saints murdered a couple of opportunities that would have put the game beyond Carlton's reach.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

FACT: Every team relies on their superstars to perform well to win. That's why they're paid the most money.

So what if Franklin was quiet against Carlton? Roughead kicked 8 FFS! Do you think we'd care if Roo kicked just a couple and had little influence if Kosi kicked 8?!

Franklin was quiet on GF day; but Hodge was inspirational... Everything Cyril Rioli touched turned to gold.

The Saints are coming!
Violent Stool
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Ahhh that explains why we havent heard from you of late until we have suddenly struck this alleged patch of poor form..nothing to grizzle about til now eh?
Based on the angst in your post, I'm assuming that you also have some issue with this Roger Fox guy, and you think I'm him.

I'm not.

Secondly, I'm not really grizzling at all. I'd just like us to win a flag. And on current form and based on some worrying signs, we won't this year.

I'm just interesting in discussing it with people who watch the footy. Because where I am, no one does!

Violent Stool
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:FACT: Every team relies on their superstars to perform well to win. That's why they're paid the most money.

So what if Franklin was quiet against Carlton? Roughead kicked 8 FFS! Do you think we'd care if Roo kicked just a couple and had little influence if Kosi kicked 8?!

Franklin was quiet on GF day; but Hodge was inspirational... Everything Cyril Rioli touched turned to gold.
Cyril Rioli was hardly one of their superstars.

He stepped up, with some of his mates, when the stars were down. They did it in a GF when they were needed. Clinton Young had 20 touches in a half FFS.

Roughead, Franklin and Mitchell were all average.

Based on our season so far, if 3 of Roo, Lenny, Dal or Joey had ordinary games, I reckon we'd be beaten by about 6 sides.

Hawthorn won a GF when their stars were down!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
I can't believe I'm reading about Carlton being a real test! You've got to be kidding.
Only a fool would believe that the 2009 Carlton is not a much better team than the 2008 version.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
suss
Club Player

Based on the angst in your post, I'm assuming that you also have some issue with this Roger Fox guy, and you think I'm him.
This has gotta go down as the funniest thread of the year! :lol:

I like the use of the expression 'this Roger Fox guy' like anyone that's posted on Saintsational in the last six months doesn't know exactly who RF is and the type of posts he makes. Honestly, Roger could make winning first division in Tattslotto sound like a burden.

And doesn't RF use a picture of Monty Burns as his avatar? Yet another coincidence maybe? :wink:

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
Sobraz wrote:'The Violent Stool report'???....

Bur
'Rodger's Stool Analysis' has a certain 'ring' about it.

Uncanny the coincidences between the missing RF and the recently resumed poster Violent Stool.

Didn't someone mention that Rf even used to post on BigFooty as Violent Stool?

Another amazing co-incidence.
I think 'Stool Sample' makes an appropriate title.

Amazing what a small world it is. Two Saintsational posters from the same ISP, using Simpsons avatars from the same site.

http://www.lardlad.com/images/other/thumbs/vet001.gif
http://www.lardlad.com/images/homer/thumbs/homer086.gif

And I'd never even heard of 'lardlad'.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:

And doesn't RF use a picture of Monty Burns as his avatar? Yet another coincidence maybe? :wink:
Funny how both avatars come from the same website

http://www.lardlad.com

Violent Stool
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:
suss wrote:

Funny how both avatars come from the same website

http://www.lardlad.com
Why would that be funny?

Any decent Simpson's fan knows about Lard Lad.com.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:

Huge pressure on the coaches. .
This is the funniest line.

If our coaches are huge pressure...then what about all the other teams besides the Cats?

Is it now time for the "Sack Lyon" Thread????

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:All this game showed, is exactly what we all knew....

We rely on our superstars too much. Every single week, our best players are the usual suspects. Hayes, Dal, Joey, Roo.

Odd..I though Joey had only become a superstar this year?? So hardly a usual suspect superstar.

And have was it not Zac "Superstar: Dawson that kicked the sealer?

maybe Lyon should instruct our superstars to play poorly?

PS..A thread on elite players last year pretty much agreed that we only had two elite/superstars in Roo and Lenny.

Good to see that this has now increased to 4 with Joey improving and Dal now a more complete and consiteant player.

markp
Saintsational Legend

He knows it's all obvious, from the ridiculous assertions to the avatar, alas he's playing a game that only he knows the rules to, but which involves getting people to join in his lame little pantomime in spite of themselves.... and which of course amounts to nothing more than trolling.

Bravo rodge, you're the Scalet Pimpernel of SS.... I hope it gives you a little tingle in your jocks :roll:

bungiton
SS Life Member

what this match proved is there are flogs of the highest order sitting in the wings, so disappointed we haven't lost a game, they get in and try to pick fault at anything.

Message direct from Einstein, if a teams best players don't perform they lose. Hmmm quick flashback to the start of the season nimrod, No Lenny, Roo out of sorts and we won the first two or three. Rooey since hit some form, Lenny came back and the TEAM continued on it's merry way.

What you fail to assert is the difference between when Judd broke his nose and was on off is one goal!
Yup we scored one more than them whilst Judd did his running repairs. Huge fillip that.
As a matter of fact it wasn't Judd, Murphy or Gibbs that got them back in the game it was Simpson, Joseph and a few of their lesserlights, but don't let the truth stand in the way of stroking your stiff neck.

The change in the game came as a result of getting a bit of a pantsing in the first Q, the blues dropped players back in front of Roo and Kosi, ie went defensive because if they kept trying to match us at our game, result looked dire, win to us.

The fallacy that the top three or four players keep doing it week in week out is simply that too a fallacy. Sure we have standout players but our entire game plan revolves around a committed 100% effort from every player selected.

You mention Roo, Joey, Lenny and Dal. Well BJ played Judd brilliantly, if you compare their games I'd give it to Goddard, mush more effective for mine. Then there's Dawson, when the blues tried to change there forward structure to take advantage of our tall defenders, The Cougar went forward kicking the matchsealer, another of our lesserlights having an impact. The commentators on friday were creaming about the little taps Febola did that made his game so good, watch the Cougar every week, diving in low to destroy packs, give off and selflessly defend and it sh!ts all over anything Feb did on friday.

As a matter of fact theres heaps of times the lesser lights have done jobs so important to the team result that you'd lose count, and that underlines the mantra the club is playing too, when it's your turn, you take your turn.

Gwilt, Geary, Gram, Jones, Blake, Fisher, Schneids, Milne, Kosi and others have all played massive bit parts in the continuing success that is our season so far.

Every player has there role in this team, the fact that there hasnt been wholesale changes would hint that the coaching staff believe the team is at least achieving the goals set, those that arent have been slowly weeded out.

The game we play now depends on every player, the forward pressure depends on every player doing his bit to lock the ball in, the defense depends on getting players back to help out. It is a demanding style we are playing, yet we are still after 12 wins playing out the game to the final siren and winning.

Total dweebs like yourself can point to the negatives from our last game let me hightlight a positive, a team with everything to prove threw everything they had at us for two quarters, bad kicking in the first quarter gifted them the opportunity to challenge. After turning at half time with all the momentum we played the third like the first and in a period similat blew them away again. They regrouped and with a two gifted goals were in a position to challenge again for the last quarter.

We never conceded the lead, kept reppelling from defense and played wonderful end to end footy on various occasions to score and counter every charge the had.

If you are such a pathetically stupid moronic idiot to think this was all achieved on the efforts of only two or three players, the voilent stool your user name refers too obviously lives between your ears, now as the messiah said in the life of brian F%^K OFF!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:Interesting comments by John Ralph today - Saints were a 6 goal better team on Friday night. Even when Blues pushed the Saints structure was better and solid. Blues got some lucky goals and took every opportunity to score. Saints murdered a couple of opportunities that would have put the game beyond Carlton's reach.
Where is this article, I couldn't find it in the H-Sun or their homepage :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:[d Final.

i will say I agree with you on one thing - to miss the GF from here would be INEXCUSABLE. It really is no point being this good this early only to not have a chance to compete for the premiership.
But I'm hoping the boys will have their heads screwed on and will learn from their mistakes of the last few years...

excellent post mate...... :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:what this match proved is there are flogs of the highest order sitting in the wings, so disappointed we haven't lost a game, they get in and try to pick fault at anything.

If you are such a pathetically stupid moronic idiot to think this was all achieved on the efforts of only two or three players, the voilent stool your user name refers too obviously lives between your ears, now as the messiah said in the life of brian F%^K OFF!

excellent post...sorry to delete your remarkable and accurate football analysis and just keep these two para's...but i could not resist the temptation to reproduce them....pearlers they are...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
yipper
SS Life Member

bungiton wrote:what this match proved is there are flogs of the highest order sitting in the wings, so disappointed we haven't lost a game, they get in and try to pick fault at anything.

Message direct from Einstein, if a teams best players don't perform they lose. Hmmm quick flashback to the start of the season nimrod, No Lenny, Roo out of sorts and we won the first two or three. Rooey since hit some form, Lenny came back and the TEAM continued on it's merry way.

What you fail to assert is the difference between when Judd broke his nose and was on off is one goal!
Yup we scored one more than them whilst Judd did his running repairs. Huge fillip that.
As a matter of fact it wasn't Judd, Murphy or Gibbs that got them back in the game it was Simpson, Joseph and a few of their lesserlights, but don't let the truth stand in the way of stroking your stiff neck.

The change in the game came as a result of getting a bit of a pantsing in the first Q, the blues dropped players back in front of Roo and Kosi, ie went defensive because if they kept trying to match us at our game, result looked dire, win to us.

The fallacy that the top three or four players keep doing it week in week out is simply that too a fallacy. Sure we have standout players but our entire game plan revolves around a committed 100% effort from every player selected.

You mention Roo, Joey, Lenny and Dal. Well BJ played Judd brilliantly, if you compare their games I'd give it to Goddard, mush more effective for mine. Then there's Dawson, when the blues tried to change there forward structure to take advantage of our tall defenders, The Cougar went forward kicking the matchsealer, another of our lesserlights having an impact. The commentators on friday were creaming about the little taps Febola did that made his game so good, watch the Cougar every week, diving in low to destroy packs, give off and selflessly defend and it sh!ts all over anything Feb did on friday.

As a matter of fact theres heaps of times the lesser lights have done jobs so important to the team result that you'd lose count, and that underlines the mantra the club is playing too, when it's your turn, you take your turn.

Gwilt, Geary, Gram, Jones, Blake, Fisher, Schneids, Milne, Kosi and others have all played massive bit parts in the continuing success that is our season so far.

Every player has there role in this team, the fact that there hasnt been wholesale changes would hint that the coaching staff believe the team is at least achieving the goals set, those that arent have been slowly weeded out.

The game we play now depends on every player, the forward pressure depends on every player doing his bit to lock the ball in, the defense depends on getting players back to help out. It is a demanding style we are playing, yet we are still after 12 wins playing out the game to the final siren and winning.

Total dweebs like yourself can point to the negatives from our last game let me hightlight a positive, a team with everything to prove threw everything they had at us for two quarters, bad kicking in the first quarter gifted them the opportunity to challenge. After turning at half time with all the momentum we played the third like the first and in a period similat blew them away again. They regrouped and with a two gifted goals were in a position to challenge again for the last quarter.

We never conceded the lead, kept reppelling from defense and played wonderful end to end footy on various occasions to score and counter every charge the had.

Yeah, that just about sums it up I reckon. Obviously Rodger forgot about the first few rounds when our 'stars" were just crusing. Now they are flying but the rest of the team is still doing their jobs. Gee would've thought most ppl that know something about footy would have recognised the efforts of Jones, Ray, Gardner, King, Gilbert, Chips, Milne, Geary, McQualter - shall I go on? Also most ppl would not underestimate the role the coach has played in all this err.. success?? He has developed a disciplined, well drilled team playing an astute well thought out gameplan. But, no not Rodg - he reckons we still suck at 12-0. Baiting everyone as usual is the violent stool of a tool.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:So rodg, we should heed you're warning and ignore the likes of Buckley, every opposition coach who has lost to us this year...
do ya reckon that every opposition coach would have some other motive for saying that the side which just beat them is really good? how often do you hear a coach saying "we were beaten by a crap side"? well, except malthouse.