the break can't come quick enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the break can't come quick enough

I am in no way being critical of the boys here, and how can you be after a 12-0 start to the season but the week off to recharge the batteries after sustaining such impressive intensity over half a season will be great for the boys.

The last 3-4 weeks have been tough and the boys definately have earnt their time off.

enjoy it fellas and come back ready to take it right up to the cats.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: the break can't come quick enough

fonz_#15 wrote:I am in no way being critical of the boys here, and how can you be after a 12-0 start to the season but the week off to recharge the batteries after sustaining such impressive intensity over half a season will be great for the boys.

The last 3-4 weeks have been tough and the boys definately have earnt their time off.

forget about someone else?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:I am in no way being critical of the boys here, and how can you be after a 12-0 start to the season but the week off to recharge the batteries after sustaining such impressive intensity over half a season will be great for the boys.

no i chose not to mention someone else as my 90 year old nanna can play football at their level

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Griggsy
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

no i chose not to mention someone else as my 90 year old nanna can play football at their level
warm up match for the big one :wink:

saintly_safes
Club Player

Im sure the boys will really appreciate the week off.Hopefully they can get a bit of r&r in before the real test begins.A big thankyou to the boys for their effort so far it has been nothing short of saintsational imo :D
Last edited by saintly_safes on Sat 13 Jun 2009 11:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think the break works best when done this way, get the early part of the split round out of the way, rest and rehab, then come out firing.

Just feels better than waiting for the second half of the round.

realdeal
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:Personally I think the break works best when done this way, get the early part of the split round out of the way, rest and rehab, then come out firing.

Just feels better than waiting for the second half of the round.
I agree. Especially when u win. :)
It now means we have 1 less H&A game in a row then a bunch of teams.

midas_touch
Club Player

Round 13 - Bye

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)