Gardy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Gardy

What a revelation this guy has been this year. I've only seen the replay from about 6 mins to go in the second qtr. so haven't seen all of last night's game. Based on what I have seen though, Gardy has become very important for us. (8th on the table of hit-outs, 8 goals, avge of 10 pkus disposals per game)
I was soooo wrong about him. I thought (and so did some in his family) that he was finished and was taking up space on our list. Wrong wrong wrong.
His tapwork in tandem with Lenny in particular is terrific, his around the ground work is solid, his physical presence in and around stoppages is bullocking and must make our smaller guys walk a little taller and his willingness for the contest is great. He's also got a bit of c*** about him and I like that in a big guy.
Am so impressed with his re-emergence. Up there with the best ruckmen in the comp this year. Another one along with Zac who've turned adversity into something valuable and I respect him heaps for having the guts to keep going. Go Gardy you good thing.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Has been awesome. Great tap ruckman and also very handy when going forward!

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
mick13
Club Player

Love the big man.

Taken some massive grabs as well.

Ross would have been the only coach in the league to have not delisted him at the end of 07 or 08.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

mick13 wrote:Love the big man.

Ross would have been the only coach in the league to have not delisted him at the end of 07 or 08.
He was probably the only coach interested in taking him when he left the Eagles. His ruckwork is incredible. It's worth watching him in isolation during a game jsut to see how many times he taps it straight to Lenny.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
mick13 wrote:Love the big man.

He was probably the only coach interested in taking him when he left the Eagles. His ruckwork is incredible. It's worth watching him in isolation during a game jsut to see how many times he taps it straight to Lenny.

They have a great understanding don't they. A few times now I've noticed him hit Lenny on the chest at full pace. Great to watch.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thought I was a complete nuffy when I gave him votes last night, but thought he was really a lone hand in the ruck, and probably his best game for us yet.

More to come.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Thought I was a complete nuffy when I gave him votes last night, but thought he was really a lone hand in the ruck, and probably his best game for us yet.

More to come.
No I reckon you're right Iceman. HAven't seen the whole game so don't feel qualified to vote, but on the strength of what I've seen, would definitely have him in there.

Snakeman66
Club Player

Plays his 150th next round. Most games he has played in one season is 20 games(2001). Debuted in 1997. 0 games in 2007.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Noticed at a boundary throw in Carlton f/pocket he tapped ball to the back,had 3 saints running onto the ball.Shows a lot of confidence in the players around him,and the players confidence in him.Not to sure about putting the ball into a hot spot like that in defence,but it shows a growing geelong like confidence in our play and players

saintly_safes
Club Player

Its taken a while for him to get his body sorted out but this year he has been outstanding, not only in the ruck but around the ground as well.In the last quarter when things were tight he was exceptional imo

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Thought I was a complete nuffy when I gave him votes last night, but thought he was really a lone hand in the ruck, and probably his best game for us yet.

More to come.
No I reckon you're right Iceman.
So I am a complete nuffy?

:(

saintly_safes
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

More to come.

Its nice when people agree with you but in this situation I would be feeling a bit insecure :wink:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

More to come.

Yeh mate. No doubt about it. You're right up there with the best of the nuffys :wink:

saintly_safes
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

More to come.

Yeh mate. No doubt about it. You're right up there with the best of the nuffys :wink:
I guess thats a compliment :?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Got to be close to all Australian...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the big fella had a massive game and has been fantastic all year. Really showing why we kept faith in him and left him on the list.

Geez we have a few blokes on our list that are proof second chances can pay off. Gardiner, Dawson, McQualter hell even Stevie Milne was once on the rookie list at the Bombers.

Great seasons from the first 3 guys so far. Heres hoping they can keep it going and be premership players come September

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
PJ
SS Life Member

Speaking of nuffys I remeber when Cousins was linked to St.Kilda some around here were suggesting Ross was keeping Gardy as a pal for Cousins. NUFF said.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

More to come.
Are you sure you want us to answer this ? :wink: :lol: :wink: !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MG has been great for us this year but we all watch footy differently but i would have thought his last couple of games havent been his best. I certainly didnt think he was anything more than average against Carlton but its great we dont all think the same way. Would be pretty boring otherwise.

Legendary
Club Player

Had 38 hitouts, and whilst not a huge number to advantage, he certainly controlled the stoppages. Took a couple of strong grabs too.

Has been good this year for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Had 38 hitouts, and whilst not a huge number to advantage, he certainly controlled the stoppages. Took a couple of strong grabs too.

I thought our clearance work wasnt at our best on Friday because the hit outs by ruckmen on either side had little bearing on the the outcome.

Legendary
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Legendary wrote:Had 38 hitouts, and whilst not a huge number to advantage, he certainly controlled the stoppages. Took a couple of strong grabs too.

I thought our clearance work wasnt at our best on Friday because the hit outs by ruckmen on either side had little bearing on the the outcome.
Fair enough. I agree that it wasn't his best game, but I thought he was pretty solid.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Noticed on replay late in the last with the game up for grabs he did some fantastic tap work to get the ball going our way........super pick up by the coach/club.

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Got to be close to all Australian...
He's been good but is well behind Cox, McIntosh, Jolly and Sandilands for AA selection. Guys like Clark and Ryder have also been very good.

yipper
SS Life Member

ght his last Q was outstanding. When the game was there to be won or lost - he rucked superbly. He and Lenny just took control at the stoppages and ensured we would win it.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.