Where were ya Saints fans??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Legendary
Club Player

Had the biggest verbal brawl with Carlton fans around me.

Wanted a scuffle at one stage and I backed off a little, but kept giving it to them all night.

They are disgusting, carrying on like they won the flag all night. The most arrogant bunch of stinking turds I've ever seen in my life.

So glad when we won the game, was the best 5 minutes of my life. And they all slinked off like the scum they are.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Carlton must have a heap of reserved seat holders on level 2.
I used my MCC membership to book an Access One seat on level 2 last Friday morning.
Instead of getting aisle 41 as per normal, I ended up in Asile 45. :shock:

They must have a few more aisles of level 2 reserved seating than other clubs under their special deal negotiated between Collins and Collins.

But the real problem is our 11 game members with reserved seats, simply don't go to away games if they can't have their regular reserved seat. - Sooks :roll:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Had the biggest verbal brawl with Carlton fans around me.

Wanted a scuffle at one stage and I backed off a little, but kept giving it to them all night.

They are disgusting, carrying on like they won the flag all night. The most arrogant bunch of stinking turds I've ever seen in my life.

So glad when we won the game, was the best 5 minutes of my life. And they all slinked off like the scum they are.
Pity the AFL can't schedule Collingwood and Carlton to play each other every week.
The SCUM and the FILTH deserve each other.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
But the real problem is our 11 game members with reserved seats, simply don't go to away games if they can't have their regular reserved seat. - Sooks :roll:
Incorrect. We were there & whilst I begrudge paying 1 cent of my hard earned towards Carlton, it's far more important to be there for our boys.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I think people are being a bit unfair on many St.Kilda members/supporters here.

Personally i have parts of the game that I just want to watch without carrying on. Other times I yell & scream like the best of them.

BTW to that 'lady' who inferred that the real supporters are on L1 & L3 & it's the 'proper' people of L2... how the hell would you know?

If you were in the vicinity of L2 A30 last night you would have seen about 10 saints make as much noise as 100 & have to fight off a bunch of Carlton nuff nuffs at the end of the game. One bloke was going a bit overboard with his comments but the cowardly punches that were thrown at 2 innocent St Kilda supporters just shows what a scum sucking supporter group Carlton is.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:I think people are being a bit unfair on many St.Kilda members/supporters here.

Personally i have parts of the game that I just want to watch without carrying on. Other times I yell & scream like the best of them.

BTW to that 'lady' who inferred that the real supporters are on L1 & L3 & it's the 'proper' people of L2... how the hell would you know?

If you were in the vicinity of L2 A30 last night you would have seen about 10 saints make as much noise as 100 & have to fight off a bunch of Carlton nuff nuffs at the end of the game. One bloke was going a bit overboard with his comments but the cowardly punches that were thrown at 2 innocent St Kilda supporters just shows what a scum sucking supporter group Carlton is.
Gee, get a sense of humour, Animal Enclosure! (Or maybe they are only on L1 and 3 too).
I am offerring a genuine apology if I offended you, but it was a tongue in cheek comment and I'm pretty sure most would have taken it that way.
As far as I'm concerned EVERY saints member is equal, and I couldn't care less if they sit on L1, 2 or 3, on a throne in the centre of the ground, or on a toilet seat in the cleaner's quarters.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where were ya Saints fans??

saint66au wrote:Sheesh, 50,000 and it didnt really feel or look like there were more than 5000 Saints fans there..

Where the bloody hell was everyone???
Three seats to your right :lol: :wink: !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
ace wrote:
Incorrect. We were there & whilst I begrudge paying 1 cent of my hard earned towards Carlton, it's far more important to be there for our boys.
+1

I had a very civilised conversation with a Blues fan walking home off the train last night. Said he never watches losses back but he'd make an exception for last night as it was such a great contest. He has reserved seats on L1 and did mention that he had some "absolute tosser" Saints fans in standing room behind him. Guess all Clubs have em heheh. Was a nice reality check that when push somes to shove..all Clubs have some decent fans....and some tossers too

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
goodie
Club Player

Level one, aisle 2, row J

Despite being near the Saints cheer squad there were a lot of cheater fans about. One poor bloke was sitting right in the middle of a whole pack. Boy did he get stuck in after the final siren

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
What absolute farking CRAP!

I am a 11 game member and a reserved seat holder and don't farking call me a sook, if I chose not to attend to away games.

Both myself and the family support the Club in other ways...

Player sponsorship

Attending Club functions, like the recent Club Luncheon

Being a Social Club Members

If we choose not to give money to an opposition club so be it.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Piss weak supporters. It's been a problem for while and if you ask me it's because our supporters are a bunch of scared rabbits. Ooooh, i'm worried about this game, it's a danger game, we could lose this one and all sorts of other loser comments. FFS people, you have a good team, get to the game and yell ya farking lungs out.
BULLSH1T!

read the above post!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

You can also add in there that I am a Club Volunteer and have assisted the Club by way of donating my time to help the Club.

So don't label me and others a "scared rabbit" or a "sook" for not attending an away game :roll:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:We would have been there if they hadn't made it so hard to get seats. available monday, all sold out tuesday, more available later in the week.... the planning just got too difficult.

And,Saint75: you're in the wrong spot. Level 2 is for the "proper" people. All of us yellers and screamers are on levels 1 and 3!
Although sadly I do agree that Saints crowds generally seem to be a bit inhibited about being really loud.
I have a reserved seat on Level 2...I've been called lots of things over the journey..."PROPER" hasn't been one of them.....

I don't make much noise i have to admit...i did in my early days though..

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
ThomasR
Club Player

In the standing room behind the Carlton cheer squad, had a good view so didn't want to give it up. That the cheer for when Judd came back on in the last quarter was much louder than the goal that had preceded it says a lot about Carlton this year...

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I gave it my best shot and woke up this morning with a voice like id gargled gravel and a very sore throat.

I will always scream and yell even if im the only one in the entire ground wearing red, black and white. But bloody hell Carlton fans are the biggest bunch of self entitled wankers ive ever heard. Screaming BALL even when our blokes wernt tackled, booing whenever we got a free kick, bronx cheering constantly, cheering when we missed and only finding voice when they got a run on.

If some fans dont want to scream and yell and thats their choice. I choose to support my team vocally, chant, yell, scream and bag my little heart out. Others choose to clap quietly and raise their voice occasionally and thats more than ok too. Fans come in all shapes and sizes and as long as your on the right team your ok in my book

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

mick13 wrote: Plus had to act out the communal wank session about Judd every time he came back out.
Haha, i loved it! and people say we are the ones with the messiah complex!

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Late to this thread but watching it on TV from up here in QLD could have sworn it was Carlton vs Freo...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:You can also add in there that I am a Club Volunteer and have assisted the Club by way of donating my time to help the Club.

So don't label me and others a "scared rabbit" or a "sook" for not attending an away game :roll:
This thread is not about you and how you support the club, it's about the amount of noise our supporters make when they are at a game. It is like going to watch a game of lawn bowls sometimes. And it is not just at the dome, it is anywhere, we act like frightened animals when a game is close or when the oppostion is in front. Like someone else said in this thread, we only make a noise when we are challenging, i.e. coming from behind which probably is because we are so used to coming from behind. Seriously, think about it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Thinline wrote:Late to this thread but watching it on TV from up here in QLD could have sworn it was Carlton vs Freo...
agree 200%
all of the fence shots there was a sea of blue and white.
Dont get all uppity about it StFid, it just looked really bad
I had to keep asking/reminding myself, we are on top of the ladder ...right?

Seeya
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintDebi wrote:We would have been there if they hadn't made it so hard to get seats. available monday, all sold out tuesday, more available later in the week.... the planning just got too difficult.

And,Saint75: you're in the wrong spot. Level 2 is for the "proper" people. All of us yellers and screamers are on levels 1 and 3!
Although sadly I do agree that Saints crowds generally seem to be a bit inhibited about being really loud.
No, I don't agree with that. I sure ain't a proper people!.......LOL

All jokes aside, I love my front row seats on Level 2 (sit on Level 1 at all away games) and I know which one I prefer. I just may have to encourage a few of the so called 'proper' people to be as loud as I am. :twisted:

PS: I would just like to add that by being loud, I don't mean that I swear or curse or bag opposition players (have been know to yell out to an umpire or 2....). I just get behind our team and let them know that we are there.

noob
Club Player

for example if we were the under dog like carlton and thinking we were the chance of knocking off the top side i would be trying to get tickets to see the match, whereas most fans don't mind going now considering that we are expecting a win.

SaintDebi
Club Player

saint75 wrote:

No, I don't agree with that. I sure ain't a proper people!.......LOL

All jokes aside, I love my front row seats on Level 2 (sit on Level 1 at all away games) and I know which one I prefer. I just may have to encourage a few of the so called 'proper' people to be as loud as I am. :twisted:

PS: I would just like to add that by being loud, I don't mean that I swear or curse or bag opposition players (have been know to yell out to an umpire or 2....). I just get behind our team and let them know that we are there.
Thanks Saint75 for taking my post in the spirit it was intended. Seems that some, (or at least one), took it as a put down, which it was never meant to be. Nor do I seariously believe that there is one particular class of people sitting on L2, or L1 or L3 for that matter!
Wherever you're sitting, just keep enjoying your footy!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:You can also add in there that I am a Club Volunteer and have assisted the Club by way of donating my time to help the Club.

This thread is not about you and how you support the club, it's about the amount of noise our supporters make when they are at a game. It is like going to watch a game of lawn bowls sometimes. And it is not just at the dome, it is anywhere, we act like frightened animals when a game is close or when the oppostion is in front. Like someone else said in this thread, we only make a noise when we are challenging, i.e. coming from behind which probably is because we are so used to coming from behind. Seriously, think about it.
To me, it wasn't the noise comment, but being labeled a "piss weak supporter" and to get to the game and being a sook..., because I only attend home matches

I am saying that I support the Club in other ways and attend all our home games.

SO SERIOUSLY, WHY DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT IT :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: agree 200%
all of the fence shots there was a sea of blue and white.
only entering part of the debate

I thought the upper level- NON reserved had a fair percantage of saints

the reason you would see blue and white on the fence is that it was the Blues home game
they have would have reserved seats in those areas\

watching a saints game you will see red white and black on the fence line.
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 13 Jun 2009 3:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Agree wholeheartedly with a lot of these comments. It felt like what it must be like to go to a game interstate. I reckon they might have had almost twice the amount of support there that we had. We were on the top level and I felt like I was the only Saint supporter making any noise in our area (except for clapping, etc, after goals). It was hard work.
How about the Blues supporters, though? Talk about wanting charity from the umpires! I think they booed every single free kick we got and the bronx cheers after their free kicks became laughable. You'd think they'd had a third of the frees we'd received, yet they got MORE. Just about every time there was any sort of contest they were calling for a free kick. If they'd had their way they would have received about 100 free's and we'd have gotten none. It was just ludicrous to listen to them. Booing about every 60 seconds, for 2 hours. If only they heard themselves. I'm so glad they didn't win. It would have made me want to puke.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.