Lat Night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wolfpak
Club Player

Lat Night

People seem to forget that ok we won the game but we are 2/3 players short of our best side. Carrlton did have some good players out and on paper looked liked we where a 15 goal better team.
Yes we won the game but we won because of 2 factors.
1. first 15 minutes of the game
2. The amount of time Judd spent on bench with Broken Nose.

Yes i am wrapped we are 12 zip, but give credit where credit is due. Carlton where the better team and with a bit of luck could of won the game. The last 4 weeks have been average for us and we could of easliy been 9 and 3.

Lets hope the break does us good because of todays form , Gellong will smash us.

Am only being honest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lat Night

Wolfpak wrote:People seem to forget that ok we won the game but we are 2/3 players short of our best side. Carrlton did have some good players out and on paper looked liked we where a 15 goal better team.

Yes i am wrapped we are 12 zip, but give credit where credit is due. Carlton where the better team and with a bit of luck could of won the game. The last 4 weeks have been average for us and we could of easliy been 9 and 3.

Lets hope the break does us good because of todays form , Gellong will smash us.

Am only being honest.
Its funny I thought that was the best we have played for about 5 weeks so i m not sure if we play like that the Cats will smash us. I certainly give Carlton full credit as it was one of the best games for the year.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Wolfpak wrote:People seem to forget that ok we won the game but we are 2/3 players short of our best side. Carrlton did have some good players out and on paper looked liked we where a 15 goal better team.

Am only being honest.

2/3rds of our best players out!!??!! this means you think we have 14 of our best 22 missing? or maybe you mean we have 2 or 3 players missing...Even if this is the case i think we have pretty much our best side in, with the exception of King being suspended

Wolfpak
Club Player

Totally agree.

Then again good teams win close matches and we where challenged 3/4 times and still got away when it mattered.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wolfpak wrote:Yes we won the game but we won because of 2 factors.
We won the game because of two factors all right.

We kicked more goals and we never headed.

No excuses from sore losers will change that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jay young
Club Player

The last 3 wks the team has reached its low point for the season im sure by round 14 we will start infilterating sides again . by the way Melb should merge with Rich and North And the Bulldogs should merge, too many teams in melb . Bring on these new teams plus a tassie team

markp
Saintsational Legend

It was a great game.... they had more to play for than us, and could possibly even be out of the 8 after this round now I think.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:The last 3 wks the team has reached its low point for the season im sure by round 14 we will start infilterating sides again . by the way Melb should merge with Rich and North And the Bulldogs should merge, too many teams in melb . Bring on these new teams plus a tassie team
Sorry!

markp
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:The last 3 wks the team has reached its low point for the season
I suspect our bodies are being prepared for september and training has been ramped up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
jay young wrote:The last 3 wks the team has reached its low point for the season
I suspect our bodies are being prepared for september and training has been ramped up.
Not yet. I think that will start straight after the Cats game.