Dempster to come staight back in after break

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:It could happen. It probably won't. Like Alistair Smith's round one debut.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=50484

Dempster will need to build up some match fitness with Sandy before he comes back in.
HAHA! I hadn't seen that one before, and from the same source. Sorry Jabber, in light of this latest revelation (from Round 1), I'd have to admit that Dempster's inclusion this year would have to be one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time*. The guy's getting over an ACL (FFS) and hasn't played for 12 months!

* Please feel free to dig this statement out when he debuts for the GF.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Well if hudgton has to play ressies for 3 weeks with a minor injury before getting back into the side after 10 years of excellence, Dempster wont be back in the seniors after a major injury after 1 half of a great season.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Yes Dempster may come straight back after the break but he will be fighting Peckett and aussie Jones for a position. Well that makes as much sense as Dempster will come in after the break. He wil have probably played 2 half games of footy in nearly 12 months. Guys this player isnt God. He is a good ordinary trier who may play if we lose form or injury. I dont understand why everyone wants Dempster, Armo, Raph when he wasnt getting a game, Goose and just about everyone else to play when we are 11 zip and most of those were tried last year when we lost 10 games.
Boredom.
I reckon Raph in his late 2008 form is clearly in our best 16 or so players.

I agree with you about the rest.

CJ, McQualter and Geary are currently playing far better than I have ever seen Armo play, and he's hardly likely to supplant Lenny, Joey, Dal or Ball. Armo's only hope is injury/suspension to one of the 7 I've mentioned.

Dempster is better than Armo, but - while he has been injured - Baker has come back and Ray and Dawson have shown a lot. These three players are the ones that Dempster needs to outperform in order to demand a spot in our top 22 (Raph, Gilbert, Blake are all entirely different sorts of players to Dempster, and Dempster ain't ever going to get selected in place of Max or Chips).

Goose is further away from selection than any of them IMO. He would need both Blake and Dawson to be suspended/injured.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

How many games did Max have to play in the reserves before coming back in?
Im sure if Dempster is approaching the form anywhere near his season ending injury he will be back in pretty soon. And anyone who doesnt rate his place in the backline, probably never will. I miss his spin out of tackles and rebounds out of defense
There is no hate for Bakes, he has been great but Dempster offers some big advantages.

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:How many games did Max have to play in the reserves before coming back in?
Im sure if Dempster is approaching the form anywhere near his season ending injury he will be back in pretty soon. And anyone who doesnt rate his place in the backline, probably never will. I miss his spin out of tackles and rebounds out of defense
There is no hate for Bakes, he has been great but Dempster offers some big advantages.
So we are comparing Max just about a legend of the club and so close to AA on numerous occasions who was out with calf and hamstring injuries to a guy who has had one good average year at a club and had a reconstruction. Its like comparing VB to Tooheys Red.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:How many games did Max have to play in the reserves before coming back in?
So we are comparing Max just about a legend of the club and so close to AA on numerous occasions who was out with calf and hamstring injuries to a guy who has had one good average year at a club and had a reconstruction. Its like comparing VB to Tooheys Red.
...plus, Max had a pre-season and a couple practice matches...Dempster had neither, to add to his ACL and no footy at all for 12 months.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Actually, I reckon VB and Toohey's Red are just about as bad as each other, so the comparison doesn't flatter Max. How about Toohey's Red and James Squire Amber Ale?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Actually, I reckon VB and Toohey's Red are just about as bad as each other, so the comparison doesn't flatter Max. How about Toohey's Red and James Squire Amber Ale?
Sorry but I only drink CUB products. Makes it hard overseas but Tiger was ok when I was in Vietnam.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So.........Let me get this right !!

We are talking about a guy who did an ACL about 9-10 months ago. He has played 1 game in the VFL (?seniors or reserves) since, then has 2 weeks off because of the VFL fixture and some people are suggesting that he plays another VFL game then comes straight back into the AFL side..

Yeah, RIGHT.........The Lotto numbers for this week are * * ** ** ** **. Now I'm off to clip the wings on my flying pig :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sorry but I only drink CUB products. Makes it hard overseas but Tiger was ok when I was in Vietnam.
Tiger's an excellent beer (originally designed by Germans, as I understand it). So let's settle on the comparison being between Toohey's Red and Tiger :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
bensomerford

last i heard mcqualter was rubbish. has he come good these days

WANT EXTRA DREAM TEAM NEWS?
http://afldreamteamnews.blogspot.com
jackyboy
Club Player

Mcqualter has been great for us this year i reckon! his night tonight wasnt his best but his tackling and hardness at the ball as well as great forward pressure was still good tonight and have been up there with in the best at the saints.. Good young player who puts his head over the ball and will only get better

Carn the saints!
saintly_safes
Club Player

IMO a big call but thats why we have a site like this but I dont agree just yet