Tickets for Geelong game...?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Tickets for Geelong game...?

Does anyone know if this game is sold out???

Ive been trying all morning to secure two tickets to the game, and that rubbish ticketmaster site keeps denying me!!! I dont know whether it is sold out, or whether the site is just a load of S***!? :evil:

The only place i can find tickets is on ebay, where bunches of scalpers are selling 1 - 8 in a row for $90 each!!!!! :evil: I hate scalpers...

Can anyone help me out with some info, or where i can get tickets?? Cheers...

Legendary
Club Player

Game is sold out, that is why you can't get anything from Ticketmaster.

If you give them a call directly, you may be able to get 1 or 2 tickets.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh no its not

I just did a "test purchase" and got a seat in Row V on L3...so its not sold out!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I tried on ticketmaster yesterday with my AFL membership in general admission seating. Got a seat in row w level 3. Standing room tickets are left as well.

Legendary
Club Player

Ok, didn't realise there were still some tickets left, my mistake.

Badlands
Club Player

On the issue of tickets, if anyone is interested in a cheaper ticket to the Carlton game on Fri, I have one to offload (Is there somewhere specific within the forum where you can negotiate on tickets like this? I had a quick look but couldn't seem to find anywhere, nor am i clear on the legalitites on this, just didn't want to see the seat go to waste.)

Seat is Aisle 47, Level 1, Row A.
I thought i was going to the game alone but found someone to come with me so ended up having to get two tickets in a different section.
Ticket was $42.35 but pm me with an offer and i'd be happy to express post it in the morning.

cheers.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Just remember there are no General Admission seating tickets for an all ticketed match, so don't ask for one. They are all reserved seats. If booking on line the drop down box will show this. If booking on the 'phone don't ask for a General Admission ticket because they will say that there are none. If you are dealing with a schmuck they then won't tell you that all of the seats are reserved and these are still available (or they were two minutes ago). I wouldn't leave it too much later though.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ahhh no its not

I just did a "test purchase" and got a seat in Row V on L3...so its not sold out!!!!
That's 22 rows back on Level III. Apart from struggling to get my weary body up there, there would also be the problem of my failing eyesight. Thankfully I have a reserved seat on level I :roll: :wink: !!

Richter
SS Life Member

Bit strange.

Yesterday I tried to buy 3 tickets together - nil. Then 2 - nil. Then a single ticket - level 1. Then my AFL related ticket - level 3 row B at the inside 50 mark - so I snaffled it up.

Seems likely to me that they will release more tickets as time goes by......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Superboot
SS Life Member

Just tried to get two tickets together on level 3. Only single seats available

Could only get interupted view seats Aisle 33, Row L. Assume there's a camera or something in the way. Can't be the screen that far round, surely. Does anyone know?

howlinwolf
Club Player

Interrupted view will be against those huge concrete blocks. Generally these restrict the view to only part of the ground.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just had a quick look on Ebay...found 17 ads for tickets tot he game..some offering up to 20 seats and all sellers look like seasoned scalpers

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Winmar
Club Player

We should do what was done a little while back with other scalpers (for the Big Day Out of something like that) and stuff up their auctions by having multiple people bid ridiculous amounts.

I just paid $9.10 to reserve a standing ticket. What a rort.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:That's 22 rows back on Level III. Apart from struggling to get my weary body up there, there would also be the problem of my failing eyesight. Thankfully I have a reserved seat on level I :roll: :wink: !!
Add to this your memory & I'm surprised you know where the ground is. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Booked my seats just after the roos game.

Level 3, Row U :shock:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
Eastern wrote:That's 22 rows back on Level III. Apart from struggling to get my weary body up there, there would also be the problem of my failing eyesight. Thankfully I have a reserved seat on level I :roll: :wink: !!
Add to this your memory & I'm surprised you know where the ground is. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
It's not the ground, Eastern just knows where Live Wire is and where to grab a beer and just follows the rest of the crowd when the game starts lol

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

I can't remember how this works exactly...if you have a reserved seat at St.Kilda home games...what do I need to do? buy a ticket?

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
With the Jiggster paying , I'll just follow my nose to the FREE beer in Livewire. From there I can get directions to my seat.

By the way. How are you going with your security clearance to let you into the country? When you finally get clearance to enter the country I will afford you the priveledge of buying me TWO BEERS :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

*BaLLy iS BeST* wrote:I can't remember how this works exactly...if you have a reserved seat at St.Kilda home games...what do I need to do?
TURN UP and fill that reserved seat

it's all well and good all other seats being sold but if regular reserved seat holders DONT turn up then there will still be empty places.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

*BaLLy iS BeST* wrote:I can't remember how this works exactly...if you have a reserved seat at St.Kilda home games...what do I need to do?

lol, pretty obvious really...

How can you forget how it works if you have a reserved seat???

Just get there and do what you normally do....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

I think she meant she wasnt sure what to do when its a fully ticketed game. Fair enough question, I would have thought. They are complicated for everyone.

No need to belittle an innocent question, mate.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

I think she meant she wasnt sure what to do when its a fully ticketed game. Fair enough question, I would have thought. They are complicated for everyone.

No need to belittle an innocent question, mate.
belittling would have been rolling eyes, I don't feel that I have belittled the poster at all.

Here's one at you :roll:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

That was mature.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:That was mature.
and so was your post, I never intended to belittle the poster, and you suggesting that is insulting...

Grow up! :roll:

donthglfa
Club Player

I think the online system with Ticketmaster sucks big time.
It seems to be a very clumsy time consuming process :evil: