BJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

BJ

Found it really difficult to assess BJ's game watching on TV. He looked to be trying hard but just didn't seem to click. Went for untold marks in the forward line but looked a little out of position every time. He also looked really frustrated.

Anyone who was at the game could maybe help out here. Was he heavily tagged? or was it just one of those nights?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It was just one of those nights...

BJ was doing the right things..but it was just not happening.

ie late in the game a team mate marks outside his range...and BJ was there ready to receive, which he did, but his long shot went wide.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rexy
SS Life Member

Worth noting that he was playing mainly on Firrito who is IMO a very underated footballer, looked to me from a TV viewpoint that BJ and the Spud were more interested in each other on many occasions?

Maybe this year?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BJ also must have thought that he was a chance for a "New Car" on Saturday. The execution of his attempt at "Mark of the Year" didn't quite match the ambition !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Worth noting that he was playing mainly on Firrito who is IMO a very underated footballer, looked to me from a TV viewpoint that BJ and the Spud were more interested in each other on many occasions?
Firrito is not underrated in my eyes anyway - their best player by a mile with Harvey out of the team. Highly skilled and can play anywhere. Regarding Brendon, there is no point all of our players playing blinders all at once - unless it's the last Saturday in September. Each week, someone has bobbed up to support the A team.

falka
Club Player

Goddard is a real point of difference with his long and accurate kicking being so far above the rest of the side.

My concern is he is just starting to get back in that zone off, read play mentality that he is good at, instead of really going in and laying hard tackles like our game plan is based around

I just think our tackling has been down about 10% in regard to intensity and group tackling, and he is one of the offenders. Not because he can't do it, but just a good reader of the play (kind of cheating), but has been found out once or twice.

Also some of his shorter kicking has missed targets the last few weeks, but nothing of great concern.

He will always be a very good player, excellent across half back, pinch hitting forward, but never a genuine midfielder. Just my opinion