David Swartz Hangs King for four weeks on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint vince
Club Player

Just looked at the AFL website and worked out the points. Report will be reckless conduct. High impact, High contact and reckless. Level 4 offence gives him 425 points. Early pleas brings it down to three weeks. If he has a good record can bring it down to 2 weeks with carry over. This is my guess anyway.

I think we need to look at it with an open mind and clearly it is not in the spirit of the game to hit someone that far off the all and we would be angry if it happened to one of our blokes.

Hopefully two but could be as high as 4.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I realise Power wasn't expecting it but it beggars belief how a footballer can get knocked unconscious from such an innocuous bump.

King may well get rubbed out for it but that bump was far from vicious.

I've seen harder screens in basketball.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hmm so X Clarke can be picked off and West gets nothing but King will get five weeks.

Kerr punches a bloke in the balls but Baker found guilty of stopping on a football field and some bloke with no awareness runs into the back of him and he gets 7 weeks :roll:

The tribunal and MRP is a joke and always inconsistant. King might get nothing to life.

Heard what Ox said. Hung him without bothering to go through the incident. Turned over to Aw and Graeme Bond said there is no clear vidoe footage and it looke like Power hit his head on the ground and thats what knocked him out.

Dont think that mitigates the off the ball contact and if King caused the injury he is in strife. He will probably get two with an early plea and good record so will be back against Geelong.

Lets look at the positives. Big Benny McEvoy gets a nice run in the seniors for three straight weeks and gets a nice little taste - Gardiner and King get a nice mid season break to freshen up for the run home - and Rossy doesn't have to worry about selections in the ruck :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Only person I believe when it comes to the tribunal is G. Bond - seems to always get it right.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Eastern wrote:Ox & Mark Robinson are doing their bit to hang Kingy on "Game Day" !!
Robbo reckons 5 weeks :shock:

...its a complete joke... :x

everytime its shown it looks a regulation bump with elbow tucked in...

Joey said Kingy has a bruise on his face from a clash of heads in the contact...

if King goes for trhis will prove that trial by boofheads in the media exists...

doesn't deserve any suspension.
Robinson carries on like a fool that he is with is arm waving his arms and making stupid statements, he is going to be suspened because of fools like robinson and swazzzzz

saint vince
Club Player

STILLWAITING wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
Eastern wrote:Ox & Mark Robinson are doing their bit to hang Kingy on "Game Day" !!

Joey said Kingy has a bruise on his face from a clash of heads in the contact...

if King goes for trhis will prove that trial by boofheads in the media exists...

Robinson carries on like a fool that he is with is arm waving his arms and making stupid statements, he is going to be suspened because of fools like robinson and swazzzzz
I am sure that is what will get him suspended. Not his own stupidity. Of all the media coments I have not heard one that has said he wont get weeks. I think the people on this site may be the ones who are not looking at this correctly.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Just saw Jarryd Roughead do the same thing on Brett Kirk of Sydney in the 2nd quarter at the G. 20m off the play in the bottom of the screen. Knocked him down. Didn't even rate a mention by the commentators. Kirk was up and about a few minutes later in the contest, so obviously didn't affect him much.

I think the problem for King is that he hit a soft Power and not a hard Kirk.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Assessment may be:
Intentional conduct (hard to argue that one)
High Impact
Body Contact

Level 5 Rough Conduct charge attracting 550 points. He has carry over points this year from the West Coast game of (a guess) 60 points. taking him to 610.
An early plea will reduce it by 25% to 457.5 points and a 4 week suspension.

If the impact is assessed as high, that adds another week onto the tally.

Big Ben may get his chance!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

he'll definately go, he bumped the player, the player got injured

simple as that

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:he'll definately go, he bumped the player, the player got injured

simple as that
Are you serious FFS :? ...He bumped a player off the Ball...a free kick!!!!!

The damage was done when he hit the ground...just can't believe the hysteria here. :x

..the media have him hung...they must be right :roll:

If he a week it will a joke but 5 weeks FFS....You would think he king hit Power from behind :roll: :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:

simple as that

The damage was done when he hit the ground...just can't believe the hysteria here. :x

If he a week it will a joke but 5 weeks FFS....did he king hit from behind :roll: :roll:
hey, don't shoot the messenger, i'm just saying it how it is

Its exactly the same as the Kossi/Gia incident (which by the way most of u thought he should go for) and the AFL has stated that if that same thing happened again under the new rules, they would get rubbed out

so, he'll get rubbed out

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

simple as that

If he a week it will a joke but 5 weeks FFS....did he king hit from behind :roll: :roll:
hey, don't shoot the messenger, i'm just saying it how it is

Its exactly the same as the Kossi/Gia incident (which by the way most of u thought he should go for) and the AFL has stated that if that same thing happened again under the new rules, they would get rubbed out

so, he'll get rubbed out
Fair enough mate but see this as differnt to the GIA/kOSI incident...not even conclusive that there is head high contact..looks like a legit bump body to body...he didn't see it coming and hit the ground hard where I think the damage was done...

Just pisses me off that the media can have an influence on these decisions..

Anymore than a week then I will have no doubt that the medias hysteria can shape these things. :x

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
PJ
SS Life Member

I think we need to look at it with an open mind and clearly it is not in the spirit of the game to hit someone that far off the all and we would be angry if it happened to one of our blokes.
Is this some kind of opposition love in going on. Harden the f*ck up guys. If this brain dead twirp wants to run in front of a 110kg ruckman then the question being asked should be where'd he leave his brain? - in his backside. Good on ya Kingy, the kangas decided to play the man via Lamebrain Laidley's instructions and got a 5 man non functional bench for their efforts.
Some around here have obviously forgotten what happened to the saints at the hands of the brions a few years back and everyone thought they were heroes or the best of the best - now it's our turn to hand out the physical stuff and we get "the spirit of the game" bullsh*t. Sorry go and watch croquette... it's a full contact sport for men ya big girl's blouse.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep.......if i was joey or roo...i would have told them where to go......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Having watched the incident if King goes for 4 or 5 weeks its a joke.

Its off the footy sure, but hands/elbows are not raised and the damage appears to be once the nthf guy hit the ground.

2 - 3 at worst I wouldve thought.....but then I said Baker would get off Farmtwits hit......so... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
SaintDippa
Club Player

Just watched the incident off the taped Sunday Footy Show.

It's an interesting one.

Blake has the ball - running across the defensive side of the ground. From the vision he had what looked like two options. I think it was Dawson who eventually received the ball - but the other was Gram in the centre square.

At the time of the King contact it looked like Blake just released the ball towards Dawson (?).

Not sure of the rule book, but if King sees Power heading towards Gram
- can he apply a shepherd to protect Gram's space? That's how it looked to me. A strong shephard 15m off the ball.

IMO Power was in play - moving towards Gram was a possible recipient from Blake and should have expected contact.

The contact was legitimate, fair and a reasonable hip and shoulder to Power's body.

No case to answer.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think the Ox just likes to get St.Kilda fans razzed.

Do not care for that man's opinion on anything St.Kilda related.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have tried to work out the points if King is found guity which I am afraid he is IMO and I think with carry over points he will end up with 4 weeks which is disappointing but that is the system. Had he not been reported already this year he would have got 2 which seems about right to me but being a naughty boy before this year gives him 4.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

You are basing that on high contact which is very debatable.Body to body contact[no elbow raised] therefore shouldn't be cited at all.

Are still amazed at what some people can see in this.

If King goes its a result of the media hysteria over a regulation bump that at worst was off the ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:You are basing that on high contact which is very debatable.Body to body contact[no elbow raised] therefore shouldn't be cited at all.

Are still amazed at what some people can see in this.

If King goes its a result of the media hysteria over a regulation bump that at worst was off the ball.
Do you realise that the rule was changed this year and even if you accidentally hit a person in the head you suffer the consequences. He ran at Power and was only trying to block him off the ball but the problem is he knocked him out so he is in trouble. If the guy got straight up nothing happens but the rule has been altered. As for him going because of the media hysteria well there is a hysteria if that is what you want to call it because the guy was knocked out off the ball.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

St P if your 'trial by media' steam-blowing is to continue, perhaps you might want to have a word to our own players who are quoted in the press as saying King has a black eye from a head clash...Kind of waters down the old 'But sir, I didn't get him high, it was nothing more than a Power's head on the ground' argument...

Having revisited the footage I think there are arguments for and against. On the for side, I think Power intimates he's going to shoulder King and King reacts to that. I also think there's an argument that Power was about to chase up a contest, so King possibly could argue some sort of legitimate shepherd. But to say there wasn't high contact is now, it seems, a ludicrous argument. I don't know why our players would mention it, really. I suppose King could always say 'it wasn't that contest that gave me the shiner...' Still, can't help...

Grimfang
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:

If I recall correctly, the fact that it's a head-clash doesn't mitigate or negate the charge. This was how they nailed Baker, remember? Bakes admitted to deliberately initiating contact by stopping; the fact that Farmer was injured due to an ACCIDENTAL head-clash because of the contact didn't enter into it. Do not be suprised if they use the head-clash to make the charge qualify for "High Contact".

I've only seen the incident once at full speed (haven't seen a replay). Looks OK, except that it's appears well off the ball (how it will be classified by the MRP remains a complete mystery; I suspect they could find a way to define a "Tonya Harding" as in play if they wanted). I need to see it again to look at the position of King's arm prior to the contact. I'm hoping it's down by his side and not braced. If it's down it indicates that neither player was expecting contact, therefore, it was a case of two players unaware of each other colliding.

If King has set for the impact, then he could be in more trouble than we expect. The AFL made a highlight of this situation in the rules DVD with the Clarke/West incident. Would not be suprised if they used the opportunity to "make an example".

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

King gets weeks, two, three or four, who cares, it's all good,

we get our number one ruckman back this week and McEvoy importantly gets a real opportunity,

hopefully King gets four weeks so McEvoy gets some valuable experience which might be required in September,

blessing in disguise,

carry on

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SaintDippa
Club Player

If King goes due to the accidential contact is Raph also in trouble ? Head contact and the bloke is off and in hospital.

Does Raph owe a duty of care?

Why no hysteria?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:King gets weeks, two, three or four, who cares, it's all good,

we get our number one ruckman back this week and McEvoy importantly gets a real opportunity,

hopefully King gets four weeks so McEvoy gets some valuable experience which might be required in September,

blessing in disguise,

carry on
I don't want King to get 4, however I did think the same thing that at least Mac will get a proper crack at it.