We cant beat Geelong with

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kannus_

We cant beat Geelong with

Jason Blake in the team. Slow decision maker too many stupid free kicks and not good enough to play as a tall defender(Bring in Maxy)

James Gwilt in the team. Very slow when chasing down opposition. Not damaging enough.(Bring in Goose)

Raph Clarke in the team. Sloppy player. Very slow. Bad decision. Not a one grab player.(Lucky we have Milne to come back and replace him)

McQualter a worry. You watch teams like Melb and they have so many kids which excite and look like one day they will have the potential to break a game open. Lets bring in Armitage for some fresh legs and give the kid a crack.

Alot has been said about our bottom 6 and people are raving about how much they make a difference but compare our bottom 6 to Geelongs and there is a massive gap.

Ive always said you cant win a GF with players that wouldn't get a game with another club in the league and unfortunately these 4 would not get a game at any other club because they are not good enough.

Nows the time to bring back Goose and Max. Get some game time into them now rather than in Rd 16plus leading into finals.

widereceiver
Club Player

What genius! However on tonight's game you'd drop Gardy and King before any of the players you propose. They played their worst games of the year. But OK let's dump 'em. You were probably getting aroused by the cheap possessions won by NDS but he is no Lenny Hayes so let's dump him too

You are wrong that the players you are bucketing wouldn't get a game, etc.. That is patently, a load of CRAP

Admittedly they'd struggle to get a game at Skilled because David Johnston is such a farking genius and Tom Hawkins is possibly better than Plugger. . Nobody says their won't be any changes throughout the year but you Dumpsters suck!

Dumpsters suck!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
battye
Saintsational Legend

Jason Blake is about #6 in the AFL for marks. Just thought it was worth mentioning...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

can the mods please F*** these trolling halfwits off???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kannus_

No wonder no one on this forum liked Grant Thomas you cant have ur own opinion on this site without people writing you off saying you dont know what ur talking about. Keep living in fairytale land. We cant beat Geelong with the team we have. These blokes simply arent good enough. If u want to to settle for 2nd 3rd or 4th place so be it.

Blake No6 in marks in the AFL. Who cares. How many of those are when the ball is being chipped around in the backline. Anyone could take those marks. If you wanna judge a bloke on stats then yeah he is the 6th best mark in the competition but we know thats not true. Youll be eating ur own words when he gives a soft free kick away in the GF pushing someone in the back because he isnt good enough to get the front possie. Or when he gets destroyed by good opposition.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

kannus_ wrote:We cant beat Geelong with the team we have.
Sharrod Wellingham.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterX
Club Player

We can't beat Geelong with.........negativity.

Have a little faith :D

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
starsign
Club Player

kannus_ wrote:No wonder no one on this forum liked Grant Thomas .
the troll who started the thread has obviously given himself away here ! LOL
4 posts in 5 years and I dare say all of the same ilk!
Don't get sucked in folks
and give him the flick Mods!
There's a couple more you can have a close look at while your at it
I suppose their influx is due to our present level of success, but they are all a bit too obvious , and don't warrant logical responses from any of us who get sucked in really

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: We cant beat Geelong with

kannus_ wrote:McQualter a worry. You watch teams like Melb and they have so many kids which excite and look like one day they will have the potential to break a game open.
Why exactly is McQualter a worry?

Is it that he is averaging a goal a game?

It it that he is super hard at the ball?

Is it the fact that he is in an under all game?

Is it the 15 touches and 4 tackles he averages each week?

Have you ever heard the saying that a machine is only as good as the sum of its parts?

For every Hayes and Ball there is a McQualter and Geary in the midfield. Good, honest, no frills player win premerships as much as flashy stars do.....mabey more so.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
claystreet
Club Player

Re: We cant beat Geelong with

kannus_ wrote:Jason Blake in the team. Slow decision maker too many stupid free kicks and not good enough to play as a tall defender(Bring in Maxy)

James Gwilt in the team. Very slow when chasing down opposition. Not damaging enough.(Bring in Goose)

Raph Clarke in the team. Sloppy player. Very slow. Bad decision. Not a one grab player.(Lucky we have Milne to come back and replace him)

McQualter a worry. You watch teams like Melb and they have so many kids which excite and look like one day they will have the potential to break a game open. Lets bring in Armitage for some fresh legs and give the kid a crack.

Alot has been said about our bottom 6 and people are raving about how much they make a difference but compare our bottom 6 to Geelongs and there is a massive gap.

Ive always said you cant win a GF with players that wouldn't get a game with another club in the league and unfortunately these 4 would not get a game at any other club because they are not good enough.

Nows the time to bring back Goose and Max. Get some game time into them now rather than in Rd 16plus leading into finals.
Jason Blake: you know nuthink

James Gwilt : Maybe but that common knowledge

Raph Clarke: ask again after his next game hes only 2 games back

McQualter for Armoo? now i know your a troll

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

We won't beat Geeling unless we make the following changes:

Roo keeps missing marks and is regularly outmarked at least 2 or 3 times a game by the defender, he also misses some 30% of his shots at goal. Its disgraceful.

Lenny Hayes, continues to be not as fast as Judd, unless he can lift his pace, well he'll only ever be a plodder.

Ball, sure he is the no.1 tackler and no.4 or 5 clearance player in the league, but I want to know WHY isn't he number 1? he was a no.2 draft pick, i'd expect him to be at least no.2 for clearances, i believe we should try and grab a round 3 draft pick for him while we can.

Monty, we wasted 3 or 4 years trying to get him to where he is now, IMO he is worth a round 1 draft pick at least, we should try and trade him while his value is good atm.

Dal Santo, he's one game away from the reserves as we found in 08, IMO the sooner we send him down the better.

Yapper, WHY ISN"T HE AS GOOD AS An aboriginal small forward? why can't he do the liairisng tricks that they do? i keep looking at these aboriginal forward like davy and alwin and i wonder why yapper is still so far behind them.

Baker, his team oriented game is terrible, look at his stats? they are terrible, he is so foccussed on negating the no.1 or no.2 midfielder he contributes NOTHING on the stats sheet and his supercoach points are terrible.

blake, what does he do except what the coach tells him to do? clearly the man can't think for himself, must be some sort of dolt who got his masters degree from a toilet roll in a dumpster.

Kosi, what does he contribute to the side? except for his tackling, defensive and offensive marks, he is useless as extra marking forward, the sooner we can get rid of him the sooner we can make more room for a good forward, maybe we can get miller from melbourne or something.

fisher, if there is a more selfish player in a defensive line i am yet to see him, he is clearly chasing stats the way he runs of his man to take intercepting marks, and the way he gets smashed in the back, he's clearly on some hero complex.

Goddard, his selfishness in kicking goals yesterday nearly cost st kilda, running forward, where was his man?

IMO we really should look at some these major deficiencies in the side, and trading agressively in the off season.

0o

and in otherwords, shut and sit down and enjoy football for a change.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintDebi
Club Player

We can't beat Geelong with.......
hundreds of selectors and coaches!
Yes there are some players that I'm not sure of each week, but I'm sure the club has more knowledge than I like to think I have. They are doing something right so far, so lets have faith and let them get on with it!
ps) I hate the cats, and want more than anything to beat them, but let's face it, if we don't beat what is easily the sustainably best team in the comp over the past couple of years its not the end of the world for us.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Yes there are some players that I'm not sure of each week, but I'm sure the club has more knowledge than I like to think I have. They are doing something right so far, so lets have faith and let them get on with it!
that's a poor argument, sorry.

what you're basically saying is that we can't question anything the coaches do because we've won a lot of games. if all we're going to do is unquestioningly boost the management, why are we bothering to post? sounds boring to me.

how about thinking critically about the team? and allowing other opinions?

starsign
Club Player

an obvious troll folks !
don't get sucked in and don't be confused when You look at his other insipid threads set to throw us all off the scent!
Just expect more of his ilk due to where we are now sitting in the competion!
It even admits to not following the Saints in another thread , but stops short of admitting where his true colors lie
Mods !

SaintDebi
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Yes there are some players that I'm not sure of each week, but I'm sure the club has more knowledge than I like to think I have. They are doing something right so far, so lets have faith and let them get on with it!
that's a poor argument, sorry.

what you're basically saying is that we can't question anything the coaches do because we've won a lot of games. if all we're going to do is unquestioningly boost the management, why are we bothering to post? sounds boring to me.

how about thinking critically about the team? and allowing other opinions?
No Bergholt, that's not what I'm saying. If you've ever read any of my posts you'll know that I definitely have my share of opinions, and I'm happy to share them. The point I was trying to make, (and obviously not very well apparantly!) is that we all see different things in different players, even within the same games.
For instance, the couple of players I feel are our weakest have a huge following on here who think they're great!
So what I was trying to point out was that if we ALL got our way, and they dropped EVERYBODY suggested on here we'd be lucky to have two players left on the ground.
Therefore its fortunate that we have a coach who is managing to keep us on a winning streak whether we agree with everything he does or not. Which is better and less frustrating than disagreeing with a coach who manages to keep losing.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

You would think we are loosing with posts like this

We may not be able to beat geeeeloong, , we have not played them yet, but remember they just got over richmond and have looked poor against bottom sides to, and we cant beat them, neither will anyone else

Need to have faith in ross lyon, he appears to know what he is doing

dont under value Blake, he is a very well liked in the team and yes he makes the odd mistake, but usually he is solid

HarveysDeciple

Geelong can't beat st.kilda with Travis Varcoe in the team. can't beat st.kilda with ryan gamble, shannon byrnes etc.....they have some hacks too :wink:

JEANLUCPICARD
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:can the mods please F*** these trolling halfwits off???
Ok Stalin. Any other opinion other than yay stkilda should be banned?

What the hell? Did you grow in Australia or North Korea?

HarveysDeciple

Can't believe the rampant negativity.

Fair enough we are trying to win a flag, so search for perfection, but these people who think you need 22 guns.....Geelong don't have 22 guns and I don't care what anyone says....People who make comments like "you can't win a flag with such and such in the side" have no idea how football works. Absolutely none.

We are 10-0 on top of the ladder and a near top 2 certainty.

Fair enough strive for excellence, fair enough try to eradicate errors but what I have seen on Saintsational since the final siren last night has been ridiculous....Writing us off for beating a side that has only lost two games this year by a greater margin then last nignt, lost to hawthorn and the bulldogs by less, and geelong by about the same with a similar conversion rate, it is laughable. Take a valium and lie down.

claystreet
Club Player

Stkilda cant beat Geelong unless we use a big stick

:roll:

marksnsparks
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:We won't beat Geeling unless we make the following changes:

Roo keeps missing marks and is regularly outmarked at least 2 or 3 times a game by the defender, he also misses some 30% of his shots at goal. Its disgraceful.

Lenny Hayes, continues to be not as fast as Judd, unless he can lift his pace, well he'll only ever be a plodder.

Ball, sure he is the no.1 tackler and no.4 or 5 clearance player in the league, but I want to know WHY isn't he number 1? he was a no.2 draft pick, i'd expect him to be at least no.2 for clearances, i believe we should try and grab a round 3 draft pick for him while we can.

Monty, we wasted 3 or 4 years trying to get him to where he is now, IMO he is worth a round 1 draft pick at least, we should try and trade him while his value is good atm.

Dal Santo, he's one game away from the reserves as we found in 08, IMO the sooner we send him down the better.

Yapper, WHY ISN"T HE AS GOOD AS An aboriginal small forward? why can't he do the liairisng tricks that they do? i keep looking at these aboriginal forward like davy and alwin and i wonder why yapper is still so far behind them.

Baker, his team oriented game is terrible, look at his stats? they are terrible, he is so foccussed on negating the no.1 or no.2 midfielder he contributes NOTHING on the stats sheet and his supercoach points are terrible.

blake, what does he do except what the coach tells him to do? clearly the man can't think for himself, must be some sort of dolt who got his masters degree from a toilet roll in a dumpster.

Kosi, what does he contribute to the side? except for his tackling, defensive and offensive marks, he is useless as extra marking forward, the sooner we can get rid of him the sooner we can make more room for a good forward, maybe we can get miller from melbourne or something.

fisher, if there is a more selfish player in a defensive line i am yet to see him, he is clearly chasing stats the way he runs of his man to take intercepting marks, and the way he gets smashed in the back, he's clearly on some hero complex.

Goddard, his selfishness in kicking goals yesterday nearly cost st kilda, running forward, where was his man?

IMO we really should look at some these major deficiencies in the side, and trading agressively in the off season.

0o

and in otherwords, shut and sit down and enjoy football for a change.
Nice post Dan, made me laugh enough to forget it's work tomorrow...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JEANLUCPICARD wrote:
joffaboy wrote:can the mods please F*** these trolling halfwits off???
Ok Stalin. Any other opinion other than yay stkilda should be banned?

What the hell? Did you grow in Australia or North Korea?
Yeah I've got an opinion and it is you are a douchebag cabbage.

Any more questions Einstein.

Why dont you get off you arse and read some threads you ignoramous and you will know my opinions.

This BS thread deserved the derision and contempt I gave it.

And so does you pathetic post stupid n00b know nothing clown :roll:

have a nice day.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Bluff
Club Player

gees, a bit sensitive around here. 10 and 0 and you can't raise any criticism.

I think most would agree that if we are going to beat Geelong we need to keep improving. I'm not confident the way we are playing at the moment is good enough to beat geelong. However a loss to Geelong in a few weeks may not be a bad thing as it will make everyone work that little bit harder and possibly even result in a few team changes.

claystreet
Club Player

The Bluff wrote:gees, a bit sensitive around here. 10 and 0 and you can't raise any criticism.

I think most would agree that if we are going to beat Geelong we need to keep improving. I'm not confident the way we are playing at the moment is good enough to beat geelong. However a loss to Geelong in a few weeks may not be a bad thing as it will make everyone work that little bit harder and possibly even result in a few team changes.
A win against Geelong is not a bad thing

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:gees, a bit sensitive around here. 10 and 0 and you can't raise any criticism.
Who said you cant make critisisms Bluff? Critisism is fine and needed - however it has to be thought out and sensible.
The Bluff wrote:I think most would agree that if we are going to beat Geelong we need to keep improving. I'm not confident the way we are playing at the moment is good enough to beat geelong. However a loss to Geelong in a few weeks may not be a bad thing as it will make everyone work that little bit harder and possibly even result in a few team changes.
And this is a product of sensible thought out critisism. Agreed with all of this.

Lance or James??