10 zip Undefeated We Are Crap Rant Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I'm not an advocate of the. "we're winning and 10-0 so there's nothing to worry about" line of thinking.
I reckon Lyon wouldn't be either.
The third week in a row we've been matched or bettered in our tackle count whereas earlier in the year we were winning this stat easily.
420 disposals for 11 goals is poor efficiency in anyone's language. Would be interested to hear what Rossy has to say after that.
Agree with posters who have said that there are some concerns that need to be addressed.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Violent Stool wrote:Only 1 unavailable player on the Saints list and beat the bottom team by 6 goals? Can't kick 100 points against them.

Hmmmm, some concerns I would think.
Your kidding right? Do you have concerns about Geelong who only beat them by 44 points early in the season when they were yet to be fatigued or have injuries niggling? Honestly, some of the people on this forum leave me scratching my head with their inane comments.....

Splayd
Club Player

6 goal win interstate.

Yes the boys looked a little flat but still managed to win by 6 goals. The positive is that there is obviously a huge room for improvement and to say that with a team 10-zip is no small matter.

Don't forget that May has been pretty tough too. Although we had a larger break between the hard running Bulldogs and insipid Pies, we had a six-day break between them and Essendon who play a lightening quick style of footy and almost ran us off our feet. Then Brissie who are similar after 7 days then interstate and Melbourne after another 6 day break.

These last three teams play a quick running brand of footy which can leave you a bit buggered I would assume. North next week, who are a bit slower than these last three teams, and after a full 7 day break, should really show us if we have concerns.

Of which I think we may have some but not enough to worry about crashing and burning before they are addressed by the Coach and Staff.

Gathering converts in Frogland..
Violent Stool
Club Player

Question -

Let's pretend for a seond that Geelong didn't win a flag two years ago, and play in the GF last year...

Then let's pretend that they put in a performance like the one that the Saints just put in....

...how would people rate them and their flag chances?

I'd give them no hope.

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Milton66
SS Life Member

Violent Stool wrote:Question -

Let's pretend for a seond that Geelong didn't win a flag two years ago, and play in the GF last year...

Then let's pretend that they put in a performance like the one that the Saints just put in....

I'd give them no hope.
Well, if they were on top and 10-0 then they'd still be rated highly, don't you think?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Surely this guy is baiting?

Violent Stool
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.
Well, if they were on top and 10-0 then they'd still be rated highly, don't you think?
To the average mug footy fan - yeah, probably.

But most people with half a brain know that when the finals start, your record in the H&A season doesn't mean much.

Most Hawthorn fans will tell you that. Infact most Geelong fans will too.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

But most people with half a brain know that when the finals start, your record in the H&A season doesn't mean much.

So why should we be concerned on tonight's performance. Based on your logic?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

Yes, but first you have to get to the finals and then you have to put yourself in the top 4 to give yourself the best possible chance during the finals, so if I use my half a brain, I would say that 10-0 is pretty impressive and is goes a long way to giving us the best chance of making the finals and putting ourselves in a position to win the GF.

Violent Stool
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

If I was a Saints fan, quite simply, I'd be concerned that we aren't good enough.

The Saints have the best top 10 in the comp. But they have recruited some duds, and rely too heavily on their guns players to play great games.

If they don't, they struggle.

I mean come on, no change for what...10 weeks? Name 6 other clubs who couldn't be 10-0 without any injuries for an entire year?

The Saints guns, which they've had for 6 years, are superstars. But they haven't really added to that. If those guys don't blitz, the team struggles.

I also think that poor old Ross Lyon is a bit of a one trick pony. Without the recruit of the year, Leigh Tudor, sitting next to him, the Saints suddenly look very similar to the team that plooded around the past 2 years under Ross Lyon.

So there you go, if I barracked for the Saints, that's why I'd be dirty.
Last edited by Violent Stool on Sun 31 May 2009 12:33am, edited 1 time in total.

Violent Stool
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

Yes, but first you have to get to the finals and then you have to put yourself in the top 4 to give yourself the best possible chance during the finals, so if I use my half a brain, I would say that 10-0 is pretty impressive and is goes a long way to giving us the best chance of making the finals and putting ourselves in a position to win the GF.
Sure.

You guys will make the finals, and most likely the top 4. And possibly even the top 2.

But is that good enough?

SaintDebi
Club Player

Who really expected at the end of last season that we would be sitting 10 - 0?
Had we lost a few before now, then had this win tonight at the Gold coast, would we still all be as negative about how we got it?
Maybe as much as we like to think we've still got the lid screwed on, have we gotten to the point where we are beginning to have less than realistic expectations?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

If I was a Saints fan, quite simply, I'd be concerned that we aren't good enough.

The Saints have the best top 10 in the comp. But they have recruited some duds, and rely to heavily on their guns players great games.

I mean come on, no change for what...10 weeks? Name 6 other clubs who couldn't be 10-0 without any injuries for an entire year?

The Saints guns, which they've had for 6 years, are superstars. But they haven't really added to that. If those guys don't blitz, the team struggles.

I also think that poor old Ross Lyon is a bit of a one trick pony. Without the recruit of the year, Leigh Tudor, sitting next to him, the Saints suddenly look very similar to the team that plooded around the past 2 years under Ross Lyon.

Excuse my ignorance, as I am not aware of your history, but who do you follow?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I didnt see any of the game but I actually think people are forgetting that Melbourne - despite not winning - have (at times tested sides)...take the Geelong game....Melbourne had it all over them in the first half to the point where commentary were saying "geelong supporters would be a tad annoyed about this effort"

So Melbourne have some capable players - enough to put us under pressure.

I am concerned YET AGAIN that we failed to exert score board pressure.....this will cost us a game at some point soon against better op.

Maybe we are tiring? etc but make no mistake we WILL have a lull at some stage as Hawthorn did last year....question is when and how will we respond?

We have now won 10 in a row. Weve been in this spot before where we have dominated the comp early....only to go to shyte for the next half of the year......I just hope there are plans/strategies an approach for sustaining the effort....you get the feel sides like Dogs etc will start to make their run later than we have.

Next 10 gonna be real interesting but at least we just may have some experienced, FRESH players up our sleeve.

“Yeah….nah””
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I hope like hell Ross doesn't forgo training for the movies instead during the week.. :twisted:

Milton66
SS Life Member

That's one t#rd's opinion, but thanks for coming here and enlightening us.

Like I mentioned previously... it sounds like you've had your stool violently pushed on too many occasions.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :shock:

Violent Stool
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
You're not ignorant at all.

I just follow the footy - no club in particular.

I love the footy. Just like to offer my 2 cents when I can.

kaos theory
Club Player

I'd give them no hope.
PISS OFF troll.

We are on top, whether ever your team is, its below us. .....must really you hurt that we are on top.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

The irony, 2 cents are now out of circulation and not exactly useful.

Violent Stool
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

The irony, 2 cents are now out of circulation and not exactly useful.
Touche'

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Worst 10-0 Saints team i have ever seen.

You know with all those dud recruits like Ray and King and Gardiner and Dawson and Schneids.

Geez I wish we were in Melbourne or Richmonds shoes instead :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Worst 10-0 Saints team i have ever seen.

You know with all those dud recruits like Ray and King and Gardiner and Dawson and Schneids.

Geez I wish we were in Melbourne or Richmonds shoes instead :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

There are all these new faces that i have not seen in here for some time

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Milton66
SS Life Member

Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Violent Stool wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

I'd give them no hope.

The Saints have the best top 10 in the comp. But they have recruited some duds, and rely too heavily on their guns players to play great games.

But you just said that home and away season doesn't count come finals time. So why shpuld I be concerned after 10 weeks?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote: But you just said that home and away season doesn't count come finals time. So why shpuld I be concerned after 10 weeks?
Because Rossy has given no indication that he is taking the boys tom the movies during the week - unlike Mr Stool's hero :D :D

We all should be very concerned - I mean we are quite likely to drop a game soon and therefore will have no chance to win the flag once that happens. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)