flying in from Perth - good place to watch the footy?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

flying in from Perth - good place to watch the footy?

G'Day fellow Sainters.....
I'm flying in from Perth on Friday for my annual "boys weekend footy trip".Much to my disgust, my beloved Saints are playing at Carrarra, so my question is...
"Where is a good pub to watch the footy this Saturday night?" I was told the "Sticky Dog" hotel in Kew is good - is this true, and are there any other suggestions.
Cheers.

p.s I had asked this previously a couple of months ago , but didn't get many responses, so trying again.......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Club has a recommended venue now...

There should be a thread or two on it if you search...or it is probably on saints.com.au
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 28 May 2009 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: flying in from Perth - good place to watch the footy?

pluggernaut wrote:G'Day fellow Sainters.....
I'm flying in from Perth on Friday for my annual "boys weekend footy trip".Much to my disgust, my beloved Saints are playing at Carrarra, so my question is...
"Where is a good pub to watch the footy this Saturday night?" I was told the "Sticky Dog" hotel in Kew is good - is this true, and are there any other suggestions.
Cheers.

p.s I had asked this previously a couple of months ago , but didn't get many responses, so trying again.......
Skinny Dog
and yes its very nice

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
The darkness
Club Player

Pluggernaut
The official venue to watch St Kilda away games is at the Republica bar at the St Kilda sea baths, St Kilda Beach. They have a big screen there to watch the game etc...have a good one where ever you decide to cheer the boys on !

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Except that the OFFICAL live site at the Republica bar at the sea baths does not have Foxtel so therefore WILL NOT BE SHOWING THE GAME!!!! :roll: :twisted:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The darkness
Club Player

Pluggernaut
scrap that idea about going to the Official St kilda away games venue the Republica bar because they dont have Foxtel and so cant show the game....You could go to the Prince of Wales in Fitzroy st, St Kilda they would show it I reckon....

Shaggy
Club Player

I am going to try the Sandy.

I had organised wife, sister & 4 mates to the republica.

Thank you Saintsational otherwise I would be a complete dick come saturday night.

kannus_

Try zagames in Caulfield they always show the live foxtel games and the FA cup will be on after which they always get big crowds at if u like the footy.

Darrel Baldock
Club Player

Definitely try "The Rose" Hotel in Fitzroy if that is the area of town in which you are staying. I will definitely be there

Ian Cooper was too thin
mordi
Club Player

The Rose is great........or I've heard The Inkerman in St.Kilda

What's the Point of it All?