The Weekly Time to Make Some Changes Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Weekly Time to Make Some Changes Thread

Get stuck in people - Knock yourselves out :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

hmm Melbourne next week. Could be time to test 1 or 2. No more though. If we end up losing we will look the most arrogent team in the comp thinking we had in the bag before the game even started. Would be rather embarrasing for the club.

I'd may give Goose a run for his 100th game, he's earnt a shot to prove himself in the AFL once more. Max obviously has nothing to prove so probably not required for this game.

backit
Club Player

Based on todays game you could make a point in saying that some players were disappointing and got beaten, but that happens on any given day no matter who you are or where your team is at.

If there were players who had been down for between 2 -3 weeks then the coaches would look at some changes for sure but that has not been the case just yet. It shows that the coaches have faith in the players.

Maybe Gram will come back depending on his injury and also on how Sandy went today for some on the fringes to put forward their cases for inclusion, but if the coaches are being true to the players I don't think any changes this week apart from any injuries that need replacing.

I stand to be corrected on Thursday night.

Snakeman66
Club Player

backit wrote:Based on todays game you could make a point in saying that some players were disappointing and got beaten, but that happens on any given day no matter who you are or where your team is at.

If there were players who had been down for between 2 -3 weeks then the coaches would look at some changes for sure but that has not been the case just yet. It shows that the coaches have faith in the players.

Maybe Gram will come back depending on his injury and also on how Sandy went today for some on the fringes to put forward their cases for inclusion, but if the coaches are being true to the players I don't think any changes this week apart from any injuries that need replacing.

I stand to be corrected on Thursday night.
Gram played for Sandy.

2009 VFL Seniors

Sandringham 7.5 10.9 14.10 18.14 (122)
Geelong 3.1 7.5 13.8 19.11 (125)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 5 Lynch 4 Gallagher 2 Summers Smith Stanley Gram Steven Heyne McEvoy
Geelong: Johnson 8 Westwood 3 Allwright 2 Podsiadly 2 McKenna West Moles Simpkin

BEST:
Sandringham: Lynch Armitage Gram Sautner Begley Stanley
Geelong: Tenace Djerrkura West Johnson Gillies Hogan

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Sandringham: nil
Geelong: nil

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
goodie
Club Player

In: Maguire/Hudghton/Gram
Out: Blake

Very disappointed with Blakey the past few weeks. I've never been a knocker, in fact I wanted us to sponsor him after his stellar season last year, but he's been clumsy and conceding far too many silly free kicks.

Legendary
Club Player

I think Gwilt is the only guy who needs to be dropped on performance and form.

I would bring either Gram or Maxie in.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

King???

Gwilt???

Blake???

all poor....

Blakey had a good 07/08 and some OK games in 09.....but overall has been average in 09....

King.....do we need two lumbering ruckman....Gardner is in great nick, can he be chopped out by Kosi/Goose

Gwilt.....is sh*t......is young Lynch better???

in line
Gram, Max, Goose, Armo, Eddy, Lynch, McEvoy

I reckon we make two changes, to shake the side up a bit......

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:King???

Gwilt???

Blake???

all poor....

Blakey had a good 07/08 and some OK games in 09.....but overall has been average in 09....
So we drop King and Blake and then Gardiner goes down with an injury during the game.

Blake has the ability to play down back - pinch hit in the ruck - in the mids or up forward.

No replacement has this flexability.

FFS you people - we are 9-0 and 183% and still you lot bitch and moan :roll:

Really piss poor.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kaos theory
Club Player

I'm concern about Steven Baker's form....

Just not with the pace of the game today. A lot of uncharacteristic fumbles...

Has been a bit average lately. He is a great contributor to our team, but his position in the team must be under question...

claystreet
Club Player

If Gram can get a run with the Zebs surely Gwilt will follow

8-)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I'm a bit disappointed with Roo's effort today - I know he kicked 4 goals .. but ... only 80 dreamteam points???????

Pull your finger out Reiwoldt you hack :evil: :evil:

One more week of this shite and he is gone

Legendary
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:I'm a bit disappointed with Roo's effort today - I know he kicked 4 goals .. but ... only 80 dreamteam points???????

Understand the sarcasm ... but was speaking to a mate of Riewoldt's before the game.

He's had a cold the whole week, could hardly lift his arm above his head with a sore shoulder and had knee soreness.

claystreet
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:I'm a bit disappointed with Roo's effort today - I know he kicked 4 goals .. but ... only 80 dreamteam points???????

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt, Blake and Raph OUT

Goose, Max and Gram IN

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Changes needed to freshen the team!

Changes needed to freshen the team and to add to our depth for the rest of year!

GWILT > LYNCH

KING > McEVOY/STANLEY

BLAKE > HUDGTON

BALL rest only ARMITAGE

Another consideration BAKER > STEVEN

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

IMO some of our guys just look tired

Baker is not a spring chicken anymore and maybe could do with a rest for a week or 2; it's worth considering with Gram and Eddy are playing well

Blake is looking like the link in our back 6. If Maxy comes in, I dare say Blakey may be the 1 to miss out. Super game by Dawson today. Blake looks really sore to me.

Schneider is very lucky that X is gone. Fades in and out of games too much and while he did a few nice things today, really didn't have too much of an impact.
Don't know who else can play that role though

King really seems to be struggling outside of the ruck work

Gwilt = very well documented

Mini struggled to have an impact today

What would I do

IN
Maguire
Gram

OUT
King
Baker

Possibly swap Blake out for Hudghton too if he's injured

esaint66
SS Life Member

Gwilt - OUT
Lynch - IN

Can't see a better opportuinity.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

geeez u guys, 4 changes seems a bit much

i'm as disappointed with the win as can be (boy is that a weird thing to say :shock: ) but we did win and perhaps we should remember that over the last 2 weeks we've beaten Bris and Ess who are looking like top 8 sides.

4 changes is really swinging the axe

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

One of the reasons we won today was because of the Gardiner King ruck duo.
Are there any other teams who have a ruck duo like that? Brisbane only had one genuine ruckman and by the last quarter he had been worn down by the two of them which allowed our rucks to get clean hands to the ball at stoppages, especially the centre bounce.
I would only bring McEvoy in if one is injured, or we can genuinely rest one of them. Would not return Kosi to the ruck unless absolutely necessary.
Gram definetly comes back in, and possibly for Gwilt, who had his worst game of the season, two very poor passes to players in position when he sent high floating balls to the players, instead of low hard and fast balls to them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Surely if Gram can be dropped for leading the AFL in inside 50's.........Gwilt can be dropped for being the least effective Forward.....avg 0.3 gpg

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Only for those that dont get it :wink:

I made this thread knowing that all the knockers would come flooding in screaming for changes to be made

Post it and they will come :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:geeez u guys, 4 changes seems a bit much

i'm as disappointed with the win as can be (boy is that a weird thing to say :shock: ) but we did win and perhaps we should remember that over the last 2 weeks we've beaten Bris and Ess who are looking like top 8 sides.

4 changes is really swinging the axe
it is actually hilarious and sound like something the rabble from Richmond would do.

Your team is 9-0.

You team has a percentage of 183.

You are playing the bottom team next week.

What do you do?

Drop four players and rest Ball.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

WTF are you cabbages on???

Fair Dinkum some of you people are deadset dills :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Surely if Gram can be dropped for leading the AFL in inside 50's.........Gwilt can be dropped for being the least effective Forward.....avg 0.3 gpg
I think you have made your point clear BM

Gwilt out - you dont want Gwilt in the side - Drop Gwilt - give Gwilt a rest - replace Gwilt - kill Gwilt

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:One of the reasons we won today was because of the Gardiner King ruck duo.
Are there any other teams who have a ruck duo like that? Brisbane only had one genuine ruckman and by the last quarter he had been worn down by the two of them which allowed our rucks to get clean hands to the ball at stoppages, especially the centre bounce.
I would only bring McEvoy in if one is injured, or we can genuinely rest one of them. Would not return Kosi to the ruck unless absolutely necessary.
Gram definetly comes back in, and possibly for Gwilt, who had his worst game of the season, two very poor passes to players in position when he sent high floating balls to the players, instead of low hard and fast balls to them.
Good post. Also wore out Ryder last week as well.

Mabye Jimmy for Gram wouldn't be a bad swap. Mabye Gram was sent back the the ressies to learn how to effectively kick the pill more than once in 5 attempts.

Lance or James??

claystreet
Club Player

One change Gwilt needs some Sandy time

Raph looks like he needed the run so i would leave him

King is only giving pretty much giving Gardi a breather dont see the point in breaking up the partnership.

Missed Grams run and carry today.

8-)