Whats the go with St Kilda reserved seating areas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mega
Club Player

Whats the go with St Kilda reserved seating areas

Hi Im a reserved seat holder have been since we started playing at the Dome and last weekend we had no less than 3 Essendon supporters that had purchased tickets sitting in our area ( they had printed tickets from an outlet level 1 isle 32).
I seem to recall the club saying that those St Kilda member reserved seating areas would not be sold to opposition supporters, what do you guys recall & think about opposition supporters being able to purchase tickets in members reserved area's.

A little less conversation a little more action please
saint vince
Club Player

If there are seas that aren't purcased as a yearly resrved seat then they are on sale to the general public. You can't really expect that the dome is going to not sell the seats just because they are in an area predominantly occupied by St.Kilda members.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Unfortunately Saint Vince is correct. Any unsold seats in the reserved area are able to be sold to the general public.
So the club's sales pitch of "enjoy the game surrounded by like minded StKilda supporters" in their membership brochures could be construed as slightly misleading.
But as Vince suggested, the stadium is unlikely to turn down a paying customer if they want the seats.
It used to occur a bit where we used to sit and I have to admit it really bugged me.
All the more reason to encourage as many supporters as we can to become members and reserved seat holders. Lets fill up those seats with red, white and black.
Incidentally, spare a thought for the opposition supporters if they are not informed when they buy the seats. Imagine their horror when they turn up for a day at the footy, only to find themselves surrounded and outnumbered by enthusiastic Sainters!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Unfortunately Saint Vince is correct. Any unsold seats in the reserved area are able to be sold to the general public.
So the club's sales pitch of "enjoy the game surrounded by like minded StKilda supporters" in their membership brochures could be construed as slightly misleading.
But as Vince suggested, the stadium is unlikely to turn down a paying customer if they want the seats.
It used to occur a bit where we used to sit and I have to admit it really bugged me.
All the more reason to encourage as many supporters as we can to become members and reserved seat holders. Lets fill up those seats with red, white and black.
Incidentally, spare a thought for the opposition supporters if they are not informed when they buy the seats. Imagine their horror when they turn up for a day at the footy, only to find themselves surrounded and outnumbered by enthusiastic Sainters!
same thing happens in the MW seating area..

I brought up pre-season that the line in the brochure is false advertising...and got howled down in a a chorus of "suck it up half the fun is being around oppo fans and biating them" :roll:

If its any comfort I do know that they only sell these seats when every other L1 or reserved L3 seat has been sold.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I had a different answer from Ticketmaster and the club during the week and it lacks sense to me.
The seats in my aisle are empty beside and behind me. On Sunday we were surrounded by Essendon supporters as the seats had been sold by Ticketmaster from the Friday.
For this Sunday's game, all I wanted to do is buy, at full price, a seat beside so a friend's daughter could come and sit with us for her very first game of footy-she's decided she wants to barrack for the Saints.

"No can do" says Ticketmaster. The club owns all the empty seats and they make the decision to release them to Ticketmaster for games where there maybe demand a la Essendon. But I can't buy one for this Sunday. Not happy with this answer, I rang the club-'No can do" says the club-they will not sell the seats on an individual basis, unless you are willing to buy that seat as part of a membership package.

So we get stuck with all the yobbos on big games who barrack for the other side and are clearly not welome in "our" area, but I was offering a one-off purchase to someone who has the potential to be a Saints member and "no can do". I can't follow the logic in their reasoning.

The solution was to on my AFL club support membership, buy a reserved ticket for me and a junior guest pass. Cost $15, whereby the club missed out on the purchase of a general admission ticket with premium seating.

benengel14
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
I brought up pre-season that the line in the brochure is false advertising...and got howled down in a a chorus of "suck it up half the fun is being around oppo fans and biating them" :roll:
If we're thinking about the same pre-season thread, the issue was some people wanting ES/the club to crack down on members sharing around their reserved seat memberships so friends/additional family members could use the otherwise vacant seat.
Which according to who you ask on the forum is "morally permissible" to do depending on who they support/whether they already had a pre-existing ticket to go to that game/demographics of person wanting to use spare seat.

saint08
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:I had a different answer from Ticketmaster and the club during the week and it lacks sense to me.
The seats in my aisle are empty beside and behind me. On Sunday we were surrounded by Essendon supporters as the seats had been sold by Ticketmaster from the Friday.
For this Sunday's game, all I wanted to do is buy, at full price, a seat beside so a friend's daughter could come and sit with us for her very first game of footy-she's decided she wants to barrack for the Saints.

"No can do" says Ticketmaster. The club owns all the empty seats and they make the decision to release them to Ticketmaster for games where there maybe demand a la Essendon. But I can't buy one for this Sunday. Not happy with this answer, I rang the club-'No can do" says the club-they will not sell the seats on an individual basis, unless you are willing to buy that seat as part of a membership package.

So we get stuck with all the yobbos on big games who barrack for the other side and are clearly not welome in "our" area, but I was offering a one-off purchase to someone who has the potential to be a Saints member and "no can do". I can't follow the logic in their reasoning.

The solution was to on my AFL club support membership, buy a reserved ticket for me and a junior guest pass. Cost $15, whereby the club missed out on the purchase of a general admission ticket with premium seating.
the club needs to make money. If you could buy one seat next to you from time to time as it suits you, then think of what a massive loss in revenue the club would face. People would buy one or 2 seats and their irregular attendees, like kids, could be bought on an as needs basis. The club would lose thousands. the whole idea is that you commit for a year to get the certainty . What you wanted the club to do would be crazy . i wish members of clubs would think at least partly - what can I do to help the club that I love

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the Saints advertising is wrong but I just dont get what is wrong with being near opposition supporters. 95% of them are just the same as us except they follow the other side. If you cannot get into good banter with them then I just dont follow. Except for one or two a year our group seems to have a bit of fun with opposition supporters.

SaintDebi
Club Player

benengel14 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
If we're thinking about the same pre-season thread, the issue was some people wanting ES/the club to crack down on members sharing around their reserved seat memberships so friends/additional family members could use the otherwise vacant seat.
Which according to who you ask on the forum is "morally permissible" to do depending on who they support/whether they already had a pre-existing ticket to go to that game/demographics of person wanting to use spare seat.
If the club offered a similar guest pass or guest membership I would probably buy one. If I could have an extra seat in my name, paid upfront as a full membership with the right to bring whomever I choose on a week by week basis, the club would have another paid up "member" to add to its tally.

Mega
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Maybe the Saints advertising is wrong but I just dont get what is wrong with being near opposition supporters. 95% of them are just the same as us except they follow the other side. If you cannot get into good banter with them then I just dont follow. Except for one or two a year our group seems to have a bit of fun with opposition supporters.
Ok maybe I read it wrong too though Im certainly not worried about being around opposition supporters mate, been going to the footy for 34 years so been there done all that.

A little less conversation a little more action please
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Maybe the Saints advertising is wrong but I just dont get what is wrong with being near opposition supporters. 95% of them are just the same as us except they follow the other side. If you cannot get into good banter with them then I just dont follow. Except for one or two a year our group seems to have a bit of fun with opposition supporters.
Cool. More power to you, but surely its about being able to make an informed decision on this?

Imagine the scenario for opposition fans. You and your Essendon supporting family buy your tickets outside the ground and make your way to your seat. You walk up to L3 and look at your ticket again..Hmm..Aisle 35...hmm whats these "Moorabbin Wing" signs?? you think to yourself as you walk up the Aisle and to your seat, to find that you are sitting among St Kilda yearly reserved seat holders, not to mention hundreds of other rabid one-eyed Sainters. (Im not just pumping up the MW here, the same thing would happen in areas of Levels 1 and 2.

If I was said fan Id be straight back down to the box office to demand why you werent told that those seats were in a hardcore St Kilda area...so that you could decide for yourself if it was OK!!

God I know the TM system isnt great, but surely a batch of seats can be flagged to bring up a "St Kilda (or whichever club) reserved seating" flag when a purchase among them is made. The buyer might well enjoy some banter, but let them know in advance. God they charge enough for the damn seats.

As for the claims in the brochure, would it hurt membership sales too much to put a * with "Subject to Club sales, unsold seats in this area may be sold to the public for individual games" down the bottom of the page?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ace
Saintsational Legend

Once upon a time being a St Kilda supporter meant standing in the rain, in the Outer at Victoria Park, Princes Park or Windy Hill, surrounded by opposition fans, lettng everyone know you were a St Kilda supporter even when the saints were taking a drubbing.

Football supporters are turning into soft marshmellows.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Cool. More power to you, but surely its about being able to make an informed decision on this?

Imagine the scenario for opposition fans. You and your Essendon supporting family buy your tickets outside the ground and make your way to your seat. You walk up to L3 and look at your ticket again..Hmm..Aisle 35...hmm whats these "Moorabbin Wing" signs?? you think to yourself as you walk up the Aisle and to your seat, to find that you are sitting among St Kilda yearly reserved seat holders, not to mention hundreds of other rabid one-eyed Sainters. (Im not just pumping up the MW here, the same thing would happen in areas of Levels 1 and 2.

If I was said fan Id be straight back down to the box office to demand why you werent told that those seats were in a hardcore St Kilda area...so that you could decide for yourself if it was OK!!

God I know the TM system isnt great, but surely a batch of seats can be flagged to bring up a "St Kilda (or whichever club) reserved seating" flag when a purchase among them is made. The buyer might well enjoy some banter, but let them know in advance. God they charge enough for the damn seats.

As for the claims in the brochure, would it hurt membership sales too much to put a * with "Subject to Club sales, unsold seats in this area may be sold to the public for individual games" down the bottom of the page?
I would be happy to have a seat anywhere in the stadium. Who cares who I follow. I am not at at a soccer game in England.