Thank you Nick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trunch
Club Player

Thank you Nick

Thank you Nick Riewoldt for your leadership, professionalism, courage, honesty, integrity and your loyalty. Im sure the club thanks you but I want to thank you as a member, supporter and fan of St. Kilda.

Your commitment to our club and therefore to us the fans, has filled me with many wonderful emotions.

I don't know why and maybe I never will but football has always been more than just a game for me. I love the Saints and it fills me with pride to know you do to.

Thanks.

Remain educated on the game, stay loyal to St.Kilda
roxanne
Club Player

What a lovely post. I wanted to say exactly that. I want to thank Nick for everything he has done for the Saints since he first turned up - he's always been an exceptional person as far as I'm concerned and now we know his loyalty can't be questioned. Not that I really thought it could be but stuff happens. Someone said on here we should watch him every chance we get because we'll never see a player like him again. I agree. I think he will end his career as one of the greatest Saints of all time and I am delighted I am able to see him play. Congratulations to everyone who made it happen. Another 300 gamer for this great club.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I must agree with the sentiments expressed above. Football is just a game, but what a mighty game it is. Nick is able to display the exact characteristics which make our game great - the high marking, the courage, the flair, the pace and the sportsmanship. Like most, I can only judge his character from his public persona, but what I see, I admire. In my view, his football ability is second to none in the AFL (although he has one equal).

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Wholeheartedly agree with all of the above.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Great story :) I love passionate saint supporters & you (& Rooey )fit the mould perfectly ."Go Sainters"

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I would love if we could forward these to Nick.

Thank you Nick

The thing that I absolutely love about this re-signing is the timing. You did not have to do it now - you could have waited - the way we are going there is a distinct probability that we will be holding the cup aloft on September 26th and that YOU will be a premiership captain. At St Kilda that commands more dollars and would make your bargaining position so much more stronger - but in your loyalty to the Saints we find strength - knowing that whilst money will always be important (and people who say otherwise are kidding themselves) it does not have to be the MOST important.

Thank you Nick : for your leadership
Thank you Nick : for your desire
Thank you Nick : for your passion
Thank you Nick : for your skill
Thank you Nick : for your dedication
Thank you Nick : for demonstratins - Strength through Loyalty!

Believe or Burn!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well why don't you, email the club with your sentiments and ask them to be forwarded on?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Watching Nick at the Testimonial for Harves, I think he was amazed at the response Harves received from supporters and past players/admin alike (was only 2 tables away from us). It was an amazing outpouring of admiration and thanks and Nick will go down as one of our superstars and will receive the same admiration and praise as Harves well before and after he has finished his footy career.

It was an amazing day yesterday and I am thrilled that Nick will be a saint for life! He is one of those special types of players that can pick his team up by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the finish line in first place (ala last half of last year). In my opinion, this is what sets him above a lot of the other so called 'superstars' of the game. He MAY surpass Harves in Saint History in both achievements and admiration by the time his career has finished. Thank you Nick. :D

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well why don't you, email the club with your sentiments and ask them to be forwarded on?
Have done - to reception@saints.com.au

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Win the fkn flag ffs.

Send that to the club :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Splayd
Club Player

bigred wrote:Win the fkn flag ffs.

Send that to the club :P
:lol: pisser

Though some of the oldtimers around the club might struggle with the meaning of ffs!!

Gathering converts in Frogland..