Roey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Roey

Is Reiwoldt a French by origin?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roey

german

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt is a German name, Prussian if I'm not mistaken. In the German language, when there is an "ie" in the name it is pronounced as the second letter "E" and where there is an "ei" it is again pronounced at the second letter "I". Also, in German, the "W" is pronounced as "V". The "D" in German before the "T" is (almost) silent. So his name is pronounced as REE-VOLT. Nicholas (Nikolaus) is also a common Prussian name. Fortunately, he plays Aussie Rules and not German Football (soccer).
Last edited by perfectionist on Wed 20 May 2009 1:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Also, in German, the "W" is pronounced as "V".
always said his best position was on the ving. :wink:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:always said his best position was on the ving. :wink:
It just vovs me that people still say that.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

For some reason I had it in my head that he was Dutch. No idea where I got that from, considering I remember reading this over a year ago:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 42,00.html
Just over half a century ago, German immigrants Heinz and Helga Riewoldt stepped off a boat in Tasmania, where Heinz began working at the Hydro-Electric Commission.

They had four sons - Joe, Ray, Chris and Peter - who all played for Clarence in the TFL.

Eldest son Joe is the father of Nick Riewoldt, who was drafted by St Kilda after his family had moved to the Gold Coast.

Chris married Rodney Eade's first cousin Lesley and produced Jack, as well as younger brothers Harry and Charlie.

Chris was a Tasmanian star who signed a Form Four tying him to St Kilda, but he never pursued it.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

He's Tasmanian.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
bigcarl wrote:always said his best position was on the ving. :wink:
It just vovs me that people still say that.
person 1: is it rieWoldt or rieVoldt?

person 2: rieVoldt.

person 1: thank you.

person 2: you're Velcome.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:He's Tasmanian.
St Kildanian, in fact.

Batnoe

Roey or Rooey or Rooy?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Roey or Rooey or Rooy?
roovee

Beej
Saintsational Legend

First part of his name "Riew" or "Riewe" is a nickname from Middle Low German "rive" meaning ‘profligate’, ‘generous’.

"Oldt" is North German and is a variant of Alt which is German and Jewish: from alt ‘old’, typically applied as a distinguishing epithet to the older of two bearers of the same personal name.

Nein scheisse!

widereceiver
Club Player

that would be kein sheiss!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I was amused to hear a commentator- reporter who said this moenign the door had been shut for the GC on a' born and bred' Coaster :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 72,00.html

roos comments are a smack in the eye to mercenaries like judd......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 72,00.html

Hamill? Penny? Players leave clubs for various reasons. Judd wanted to come home. Rooy family moved down here. Judd had also acheived the ultimate, Rooy hasnt but hopefully will.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Hamill? Penny? Players leave clubs for various reasons. Judd wanted to come home. Rooy family moved down here. Judd had also acheived the ultimate, Rooy hasnt but hopefully will.

you missed the point completely.......hamill left because he was abused by their scum president...

penny left because he was being bullied by some of the players.....judd left for more money.......get a clue would you ffs before contradicting your elders who are also your betters...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

roo said he was staying because he was a loyal person........do you know what that is??????...........

saint1974
Club Player

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

you missed the point completely.......hamill left because he was abused by their scum president...

penny left because he was being bullied by some of the players.....judd left for more money.......get a clue would you ffs before contradicting your elders who are also your betters...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

roo said he was staying because he was a loyal person........do you know what that is??????...........
STRENGHTH THROUGH LOYALTY!
GO ROO ! A class above the rest!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If we are coming up with excuses which you seem to be maybe Judd also left because of the culture or would you only say that if he came to the Saints. Penny left because of being bullied. Give me a break. He wasnt an 8 year old.

ffs ffs Emoticons

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If we are coming up with excuses which you seem to be maybe Judd also left because of the culture or would you only say that if he came to the Saints. Penny left because of being bullied. Give me a break. He wasnt an 8 year old.

ffs ffs Emoticons

re penny...ask him..... :roll: :roll:...re judd...i will ignore your comments...the prick's a mercenary with no sense of loyalty....just like spider, plugger and boofhead.......if you doubt that you are in denial ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

ffs ffs Emoticons

re penny...ask him..... :roll: :roll:...re judd...i will ignore your comments...the prick's a mercenary with no sense of loyalty....just like spider, plugger and boofhead.......if you doubt that you are in denial ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Have you been as angry with the world for all you life or only the last 100 years.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

ffs ffs Emoticons

Have you been as angry with the world for all you life or only the last 100 years.
where have i displayed any anger ffs......

i just don't tolerate fools is all......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

ffs ffs Emoticons

where have i displayed any anger ffs......

i just don't tolerate fools is all......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lucky you didnt write that looking in the mirror.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you really are a bore...... :roll:.....typing is not writing ffs........why do you waste so much time on here when you really should be finishing 6th grade at least........