Ross Lyon on "On the Couch" Tonight !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
gazrat wrote:"we are into patterns" was an interesting comment
that is interesting. what do you think he was getting at?
Dont over analyze it. He is not ghoing to jump at a shadow. Gilbert dropped one mark that is out of character. ie not in his normal pattern of play. If he saw a pattern forming then there is something to worry about and address.

No pattern - no issue. It was a one off.
Exactly....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well, I never pledged my support to either camp when I started posting on here last year.

I am rapt with RL and his quiet self assurance, I never disliked him but my only regret is that I didn't put more faith in him at the beginning.

I take comfort from the fact that in being non-commital, at least no old thread can be thrown up to make me feel extremely silly :wink:
I don't pleadge support to any camp..

I look and hear at what I see and hear...and watch the coach delivers.

Lyon said from Day One what he was trying to do...and kept adding to it....

Thing was that many for some reason would not believe him.

ie look at last years comments from Ross on the players not playing like they were instructed too.

Pretty clear now that Lyon was 100% telling the truth...though many on this forium thought he was telling porkies.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

He also stated from day one that it would take the fitness staff a couple of seasons to remedy the soft tissue injuries which also appears to be paying off.

He also seems to have really embraced the club now. Lots of "we" in his discussions.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Very interesting how upfront he was on getting Tudor. Makes sense to get a coach from one of the best teams ever. he also praised the St.Kilda organisation to be able to attract and acquire coaches such as a Leigh Tudor which was a nice touch.
Yes it was. But I have always found Ross to bea straight shooter anda straight talker.
joffaboy wrote:
Anybody still thinks R.Lyon is a Sydney man?
Ross obviously hasa vision for how he wants a team to play......and in how he builds a team.

I thinka lot of Sydney set-ups had a fair bit to dow with Ross..

So hardly suprising that when ross started with the saints that he sought to implement some of the same things.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:On soon.

He must be a fave of the show - second time this year?

Pleasing.
and for the second time they have NOT posted his interview as the Video link from the weeks program-- :shock: put up the info on the Bombers running ?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0 ... 00,00.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: and for the second time they have NOT posted his interview as the Video link from the weeks program-- :shock: put up the info on the Bombers running ?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0 ... 00,00.html
damn. thanks anyway.

Milton66
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:yes. The "four quarter effort" raised quite a bit of mirth here as well!
Why? Despite looking flat compared to the previous 3 weeks, I reckon we were never headed on Sunday, and despite the Dons throwing everything at us, from where I was sitting, I reckoned we did well to absorb the pressure, keep our heads and keep our lead.

My mate said we stopped, but I reckon (and I could be wrong) we deliberately played tempo footy and slowed it down instead of trying to beat them at their own game.

We pretty much did that for 3 quaters and worked possesion until we scored.

Despite their puff and bluster, the Dons only closed the gao by 3 points over the 2nd and 3rd quaters.

Yes, we made errors, but we stuck with it for 4 quarters.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Milton66
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:I rated him highly from day one, knew we had the right coach back in 2006 when he was appointed, but then again I am a visionary so that is to be expected!

It's pleasing to see all the nuff nuffs and GT doll worshippers finally getting a clue and realizing that we now finally have a genuine Real McCoy coach!

After round 3 of 2007 at TBO after we were flogged by Port at AAMI by over 10 goals I said to RL, I know you will eventually be a great coach for us, but then again I am a visionary so that is to be expected!

It took sometime to redress the issues with our list, which anyone with a clue would know would take at least two years to do, after the shambolic mismanagement of the previous football department which had sent our list into decline with too many slow players, too many wasted trades and selections on the wrong types of players, poor development of the entire list and next to no rookies etc...etc...

What Lyon and the new look football department have managed to do in such a short space of time is truly remarkable and very pleasing!

Amateur hour has come and gone and it's pleasing to know that this has been replaced by quite possibly one of the most professional football departments in Australia.

All the dingbats who banged on about Lyon being a dinosaur, a Sydney clone, a clown etc...etc... have shown themselves up for being, when it comes to football matters at least, nothing more than a bunch of know nothing flogs!

Lyon is the consummate professional, chooses his words very carefully, as opposed to the tactless buffoon who also happens to think that fitness and conditioning staff are overrated and I knew from day one that we finally had a Real McCoy coach, but then again I am a visionary, so that is to be expected!

It's pleasing to see the nuffies, numbnuts, nongs and nit wits finally getting a clue but it was obvious from day one that we were finally getting serious after winging it with a conman for 5 and half years!

Very pleasing indeed!
LOL. You're actually amusing when you're on a roll.

You forgot to mention the Buffoon, who didn't rate Lyon as having the "right" personality to be a senior coach.

Perhaps the buffoon can also take a lesson or two from Ross about choosing his words carefully, and actually hold down a job.

Cheers.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
yipper
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:[
LOL. You're actually amusing when you're on a roll.

You forgot to mention the Buffoon, who didn't rate Lyon as having the "right" personality to be a senior coach.

Perhaps the buffoon can also take a lesson or two from Ross about choosing his words carefully, and actually hold down a job.

Cheers.
You mean the bloke who knew after just 1 month that Lyon was not a good coach?? :lol:

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:Ross is clearly a lot more comfortable in the gig these days. He spoke well and even cracked a few gags. 8-zip will do that I guess. A very interesting interview with some insights into the inner sanctum.

I am glad they turned over Rock and Barker at the end of last year. Let's talk 'clunky' forward lines.
Great post.

Both very astute points :D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.