Sandy vs Werribee- WIN- Max news and Matt audio

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt has had two stints in the VFL Reserves - one for poor form in the seniors......and lack of condition.....struggled big time with fitness early.......Gwilt has always been seen (rightly or wrongly) as someone with the tools (body size and skill) to make an impact at AFL level.

Second stint due to recovery from injury......

Fact is, at full strength at Sandy.....LJ would not be in the best 25.....sorry, but is it true.......he panics under presure much in the same way as Fiora (similar player type, without the extreme talent)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gwilt has had two stints in the VFL Reserves - one for poor form in the seniors......and lack of condition.....struggled big time with fitness early.......Gwilt has always been seen (rightly or wrongly) as someone with the tools (body size and skill) to make an impact at AFL level.

Second stint due to recovery from injury......

Fact is, at full strength at Sandy.....LJ would not be in the best 25.....sorry, but is it true.......he panics under presure much in the same way as Fiora (similar player type, without the extreme talent)
Firstly how many games in the AFL have you seen him play? Secondly he has playing 11 games of VFL footy and you have made up your mind. That is stupid to say after 11 games he will be delisted. He may or may not but there is at least 11 games left this year for a start.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was also stupid to

Say Raymond had no hope...

Sweeney had a poor attitude...

Howard was a waste of a pick....

at the time I said it.......

but I can make a judgement on what I have seen, and at least have the balls to make a call (with the chance of being wrong) I think some people appreciate honest opinions, others just want to hear what sounds good....

yes I maybe wrong, but I have the right to an opinion.....and that's it......he will not make it IMO....not even close, I am not sure he will ever be successful at VFL level....

seems like a nice kid - has a lot of footy talent.....that does not equal an AFL career.......Alan Murray had loads of talent..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It was also stupid to

Say Raymond had no hope...

Sweeney had a poor attitude...

Howard was a waste of a pick....

at the time I said it.......

but I can make a judgement on what I have seen, and at least have the balls to make a call (with the chance of being wrong) I think some people appreciate honest opinions, others just want to hear what sounds good....

yes I maybe wrong, but I have the right to an opinion.....and that's it......he will not make it IMO....not even close, I am not sure he will ever be successful at VFL level....

seems like a nice kid - has a lot of footy talent.....that does not equal an AFL career.......Alan Murray had loads of talent..
Eveyone can have an opinion but a few facts with an opinion always make ir sound better. Nice to see you mention all the ones you got right. How about giving us the ones you got wrong so we can see how good your opinion is or havent you got any wrong. Also could you at least tell me how many proper games you have seen him play.

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote: but I can make a judgement on what I have seen, and at least have the balls to make a call (with the chance of being wrong) I think some people appreciate honest opinions, others just want to hear what sounds good....

Cheers Marto, I for one appreciate your opinion. Not taking it as gospel as it only that - an opinion. As someone who doesn't get down to any local footy it is interesting to get the views of someone who does - you.

With Eljay, it seems to me that another year for him may come down to whether he can put some more weight on. Clearly too light at present.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

As you well know Plugger I watch more VFL live games than AFL.....I have seen LJ play about 10-12 games including Pre-season games.....he has shown some promise in those games, with his creativity and skill - but under pressure he does not body-line the ball......simple as that. He does not even dominate VFL reserves games, and spends time on the pine in those......he is just an in & out of the game player....

Some I have got very wrong

Cayden Beetham
Matthew Ferguson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Andrew McQualter (initially)
Ben Schwarze

There are many variables that make up a league footballer.....they were missing something - not talent

Who I did not rate that has succeeded..atm

Clinton Jones
James Gwilt - to a degree

Other players I picked very early as AFL future players whilst they were at Casey.....and believe me it wasn't hard

Sam Gilbert, Sam Fisher, Jason Gram, Ben McEvoy, Leigh Montagna, David Armitage, Tom Lynch, Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven, Jarryd Allen, Rob Eddy, Jarryn Geary

Others who I believe mayl not - but more time is needed to be definite

Luke Miles, Khan Haretuku, Steven Gaertner, Paul Cahill

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
BigMart wrote: but I can make a judgement on what I have seen, and at least have the balls to make a call (with the chance of being wrong) I think some people appreciate honest opinions, others just want to hear what sounds good....

Cheers Marto, I for one appreciate your opinion.

me too mate......unlike my opinion of the guy who's arguing with you......clueless he is.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Richter wrote:

me too mate......unlike my opinion of the guy who's arguing with you......clueless he is.......
Sorry i didnt realise sticking up for a player who has played 11 games makes me clueless but I only do it for people like you that dont get to see games because they arent allowed out of a nursing home.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Also didnt Gwilt play mainly in the seconds in 2005. Matter of fact played in the seconds the week before he was promoted to the finals.
Clearly Casey were pursuing their own agenda with no consideration to St Kilda's player development needs.
Hopefully Sandringham recognise the greater good.

It will be interesting to see if Sandringham are willing to move Crowe from CHF to allow Maguire to be given some games there.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
luckysaint
Club Player

Re: Sandy TEAMS vs Werribee- Sunday 2 pm- at werribee

saintbrat wrote:WERRIBEE TIGERS V SANDRINGHAM CHIRNSIDE PARK 2PM
livevfl.com.au online blogcast
Anyone else finding that the 'listen' link isn't working?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy TEAMS vs Werribee- Sunday 2 pm- at werribee

luckysaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:WERRIBEE TIGERS V SANDRINGHAM CHIRNSIDE PARK 2PM
livevfl.com.au online blogcast
Anyone else finding that the 'listen' link isn't working?
I get no sound.
It is trying to play through Windows Media Player (Windows XP).

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Just my 2 cents on the Eljay discussion... From the little ive seen of him, he has everything needed to make it.... One thing I cant comment on is his commitment, as I do not watch him away from play at all... But skill wise he is very high, and he does have the courage needed to play at the top level...

He is a good size who will fill out.... He can run hard and at good pace, and is willing to put his body on the line...

He just needs to improve dramatically on getting the thing.... He sturggles with this, and it is a major hurdle he needs to overcome... I think he'll develop this enough to be an AFL player in time....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Any scores/reports? !!

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Sandy up by 17 points into the 2nd quarter. Last 3 goals to the Zebras to Goose, Raph and Sauntner.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Sandringham 9.4.58 to Werribee 5.5.35. Sauntner just kicked his 5th.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Goose just kicked his 4th. 21 points up 3rd quarter.

backit
Club Player

Do we have a final score?

zebraman
Club Player

Sandy 17.11 to Werribee 12.11

Sautner 7...Goose 5...Hudghton played and did pretty well in defence...was interchanged a fair bit but was good to see him getting angry at having to come off...he just wanted to be out there playing

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Richter wrote:

Sorry i didnt realise sticking up for a player who has played 11 games makes me clueless but I only do it for people like you that dont get to see games because they arent allowed out of a nursing home.
your insults are as pathetic as you....i fly all over the country to see the saints...unlike you......i am actually paying for my in laws to come with us to see the saints at the gold coast in a fortnight....so dream on ..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

10 goals for goose in two weeks......maybe the third tall forward option we are crying out for....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

12.11-83 Werribee Tigers
Selected Team
2:00 PM
Sun 17/May

Chirnside Park (Map)
def. by
17.11-113 Sandringham
Selected Team
Werribee Tigers
Goal Kickers: L. Baddeley 3, T. Bongetti 2, R. Castello 2, M. Rockefeller 2, L. GREENWOOD, A. Obst, M. Barlow
Best Players: L. GREENWOOD, M. Rockefeller, B. Sharp, R. Castello, P. Kenelley, M. Barlow
Sandringham
Goal Kickers: N. Sautner 7, M. Maguire 5, R. Clarke 2, T. Paterakis, L. Miles, T. Lynch
Best Players: R. Eddy, M. Maguire, N. Sautner, R. Clarke, L. Miles, T. Simpkin

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

On the details above....what does one have to do to break into the seniors?

Surely Maguire deserves to play seniors.....Better than a lot in the current team. Could even allow Fisher to smash the midfield!

Raph should be back too.

Also, Max.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham reserves
12.6-78 Werribee Tigers

def. by
18.12-120 Sandringham

Selected Team
Werribee Tigers
Goal Kickers: J. Risol 2, D. Kovacevic 2, J. Robbins 2, N. O''Keefe 2, J. Mather 2, D. McKerracher, M. Quigley
Best Players: N. Black, D. Kovacevic, D. Haby, B. Speight, J. Robbins, J. Magnabosco

SandringhamGoal Kickers: P. Cahill 3, R. Tungatalum 2, B. Eddy 2, S. Lockwood 2, A. Gileno 2, T. Dean 2, T. Johnston, K. Harektuku, D. Gribbin, R. Gilchrist, S. McGarry
Best Players: S. McGarry, B. Liddell, S. Garrubba, R. Gilchrist, B. McGrath, B. Howard

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Goose, Rob Eddy & Raph pushing hard for senior selection. Who do they replace? I very nice headache for Ross !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'd forgotten about shane mcgarry......good on him....