Couple of vids from Monday including THAT goal >>>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Couple of vids from Monday including THAT goal >>>

Milney caps off a brilliant passage of play

And Riewoldt's 5th. Have you seen a better shot for goal this year? Absolutely pure.

Roo's action

Last edited by Beej on Thu 14 May 2009 12:42am, edited 1 time in total.

python
Club Player

i usually use this site to check out the goals

http://www.gameanalyser.afl.com.au

has all the goals from all the games this year

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yeah! She's a great kick that one, his kicking overall very good, as opposed to last week.

Far be it from me to tell The roo master what to do, BUT..

His inaccuracy is pure 100% ball drop !!! Its WAY to high. Just before he releases the ball he will slightly raise his hands, as if the drop wasnt going to be from too high already. Then , quite often both hands will release from the ball at the same time! So combined with the high drop, there is no guidance to the boot!

Having said that I love the man, and admire and appreciate his committment and effort every week. Still, the action is not flash. Do we have a goal kicking coach?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Been spoken about ad nauseam on other threads but video of his ball drop coming soon.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

There was a shot from the boundary last week that demonstrates it perfectly. I cant remember when though.

I should add I dont think this creeps into his action all the time, but I keep noticing it so I think, is there anything in that and the inaccuracy that plagues him on occassions? Interested to see what video you can pull.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:Been spoken about ad nauseam on other threads but video of his ball drop coming soon.
Really? Good, its not just me then ! :D

Beej
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:There was a shot from the boundary last week that demonstrates it perfectly. I cant remember when though.

I should add I dont think this creeps into his action all the time, but I keep noticing it so I think, is there anything in that and the inaccuracy that plagues him on occassions? Interested to see what video you can pull.
I remember seeing that. I've got the whole game including pre and post match as well as half-time footage so if you can remember when you saw it I'll find it and put it up. If anyone knows let me know.

If not, I'm sure I'll be watching a full replay as soon as I have time this week and I'll throw it on youtube then.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
OLB wrote:Been spoken about ad nauseam on other threads but video of his ball drop coming soon.
Really? Good, its not just me then ! :D
Haha definitely not. http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=51737

We're all experts in that thread mate. 8-)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

And Roo's action

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:And Roo's action

If only we got to see more of his run up for a more complete view of his kicking action.

This passage we see if just about perfect, the ball drop is nice, good balance with his left arm, and square shoulders.

Such a high ball drop does make it have more room for error, but his run up could also influence it.

Carpe Diem
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

any more you tube stuff greatly appreciated. The AFL highlights package over here didn't include us this week, as the game was too late. So I'm keen to see any footage. Someone put up the whole Adelaide game, which was fantastic. A lot of work I know.......any takers?

St Marcus
Club Player

python wrote:i usually use this site to check out the goals

Python

Great site, love it, watched every Sainters goal and somehow gets past my work internet firewall

Thanks for that

fingers
Saintsational Legend

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Is there a problem?

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Interesting video of Roo's kicking action.

Still drops it from too high - need to lower his hands and keep guiding the ball with his right hand lower onto his foot....still too much room for error in his kicking style.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just back to the team play clip

Just a shame that Ch 7 didnt properly show the absolutely sublime palm down from Lenny to CJ....no wonder he's 3rd man up so often :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Beej
Saintsational Legend

That camera barely catches it but Montagna's handball-receive from Fisher and then handball to Hayes was unbelievably rapid.

Our skills with our hands, particularly in close, have been phenomenal throughout this whole season.

Luke Ball, for mine, would have to be the best in that area in the competition. Some of the handballs he got off against Collingwood which led to clearances were stunning.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Re: Couple of vids from Monday including THAT goal >>&

OLB wrote: And Riewoldt's 5th. Have you seen a better shot for goal this year? Absolutely pure.

Gun barrel straight.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Marcus wrote:
python wrote:i usually use this site to check out the goals

Great site, love it, watched every Sainters goal and somehow gets past my work internet firewall

Thanks for that
yeah, good site, i hadn't seen that before.

the only problem is that you can't really see the buildup to goals from marks. the replay just goes from the start of the set shot, which doesn't really tell you anything. whereas you really want to see how the ball got down there in the first place.

still a good resource, though.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just back to the team play clip

Just a shame that Ch 7 didnt properly show the absolutely sublime palm down from Lenny to CJ....no wonder he's 3rd man up so often :-)
i also reckon they didn't quite show the tap down from riewoldt to milne. there's no way he was attempting to mark it, he specifically tapped it straight down milne's throat. absolutely gorgeous football.

this is one of the things that's easily overlooked about roo's play - he takes good contested marks, but i reckon he's also unparalleled at winning it for a crumber in that situation when he can't mark.