Saints losing margins...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saints losing margins...

May seem an odd topic to bandy about when we are 7-0, but was having a discussion with my brother in law about last night's game and he, an Eddiewood supporter, said 'all teams have a shocker every now and then, even your mob...'

I can't remember a really bad loss - I mean in scoreboard terms - for a bloody long time. I remember Brisbane giving giving us a bit of a touch up at some stage, and the finals last year were pretty comprehensive, but when was the last time we copped a, say, ten goal drubbin'?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints losing margins...

Thinline wrote:May seem an odd topic to bandy about when we are 7-0, but was having a discussion with my brother in law about last night's game and he, an Eddiewood supporter, said 'all teams have a shocker every now and then, even your mob...'

I can't remember a really bad loss - I mean in scoreboard terms - for a bloody long time. I remember Brisbane giving giving us a bit of a touch up at some stage, and the finals last year were pretty comprehensive, but when was the last time we copped a, say, ten goal drubbin'?
Er, have you forgotten the margins in the two finals last year?

Hawthorn gave us a nine-goal drubbing. Geelong have us a nine-and-a-half goal drubbing - and both games saw us kick late goals to reduce the final margin.

Maybe not 10-goal losses per se, but close enough. And may they serve as a reminder that we still have a long, long way to go.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Er, no. That's why I mentioned them, mate.

Perhaps I should have been clearer and said 'apart from the finals last year.'

The point I am trying to establish is that we rarely get blown away and that this has been a fact for many years.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Er, no. That's why I mentioned them, mate.

Perhaps I should have been clearer and said 'apart from the finals last year.'

The point I am trying to establish is that we rarely get blown away and that this has been a fact for many years.
Almost every single port game in the past 5 years (excluding this year) has been pretty...demoralizing.