Match-ups v Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Match-ups v Collingwood

Pendlebury — Can hurt us if we allow him to deliver the ball inside 50. His kicking efficiency is akin to our own Dal Santo. Who takes him? I'd like to see Blake on him. Has the height to contest in the air and the engine to go with him all day.

Leon Davis — Also an extremely efficient user of the footy, quick, and loves a goal. CJ has the pace to hang off him. I think our current game stye will also help negate his influence.

Medhurst — If he comes up, he'll be the only real forward we have to be concerned with. Can kick them from long range and tight angles. I'd like to see Fisher (or Gilbert) keep a close check on him and hurt him on the rebound.

Dane Swan — A ball magnet, but no game-breaker. Let Lenny go head to head with him and teach him a footy lesson.

Josh Fraser — Gardiner can beat him in the ruck, but he'll have to keep up with him around the ground. May push forward, particularly if Rocca doesn't play.

Dale Thomas — As with Davis, I think he'll battle with our close-checking game. When forward, Gilbert can take him (if not on Medhurst). When in the centre, I'm content with Dal going head-to-head with him.

All in all, I think we have their most damaging players covered. They'll have much more to worry about than we do.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Re: Match-ups v Collingwood

StNoodles wrote:Pendlebury — Can hurt us if we allow him to deliver the ball inside 50. His kicking efficiency is akin to our own Dal Santo. Who takes him? I'd like to see Blake on him. Has the height to contest in the air and the engine to go with him all day.

Leon Davis — Also an extremely efficient user of the footy, quick, and loves a goal. CJ has the pace to hang off him. I think our current game stye will also help negate his influence.

Medhurst — If he comes up, he'll be the only real forward we have to be concerned with. Can kick them from long range and tight angles. I'd like to see Fisher (or Gilbert) keep a close check on him and hurt him on the rebound.

Dane Swan — A ball magnet, but no game-breaker. Let Lenny go head to head with him and teach him a footy lesson.

Josh Fraser — Gardiner can beat him in the ruck, but he'll have to keep up with him around the ground. May push forward, particularly if Rocca doesn't play.

Dale Thomas — As with Davis, I think he'll battle with our close-checking game. When forward, Gilbert can take him (if not on Medhurst). When in the centre, I'm content with Dal going head-to-head with him.

All in all, I think we have their most damaging players covered. They'll have much more to worry about than we do.
Pendlebury: i would let either monty/dal/goddard go head to head with him...which ever one the pies don't tag...may have the kicking skills but if the pies cannot win the hard balls and get it to him he is no use..plus is suspect able in his defending..

Davis: i would put our best tagger on his in cj as he has been in very good form this year...their best player by far...

Medhurst:i would prob give this job to baker... medhurst is underdone and bakes should take care of him...

Swan: either ball or hayes to go head to head with him...

Thomas: has done nothing this year and is the biggest front runner...gilbo will prob get the job on him...

Cloke: Blake will towel him up any day of the week...

Shaw: looks like is ready for this week..i would put mini on him cause with a tag he is terrible....

Rocca: well zac will finally have his revenged... rocca will not have more than 5 possies for the whole game mark my words....

should win easily this game...pies are an average team...i was more worried about the dogs last week than the pies this week...

41 points

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Presti vs Kosi.......he has not the mobility for Nick, play Kosi high
Brown/Maxwell vs Nick.......move him around
O'Brien vs Milne......get Harry away from talls (third man up)
Shaw vs Eddy/Geary.....close attention, but make him accountable
Schnieder/Mini vs Cox.....

Rocca vs Dawson.....run off him
Gilbert vs Medhurst......he is strong overhaed and quick
Thomas vs Ray
Cloke vs Blake
Sam Fisher (would have got Anthony) - his replacement

Lockyer vs Baker......shut him down
Clarke/Barham vs Montagna/Geary

Ball vs O'Bree
Davis vs CJ/Mini
Pendlebury vs Hayes - head to head - Lenny should hit him hard early......if he starts hurting, think about CJ and mini to Davis
Swan vs Dal Santo - head to head.....will hurt more than swan
Goddard vs Maxwell/O'Brien/Thomas.....they will start with Maxwell, but he may need to go with Riewoldt if he gets on top of Brown
Gram/Ray vs Wellingham......worry for

Gardiner vs Fraser - Gardy needs to physically intimidate him, and run off him
King vs Brown - dominate him in the hit outs

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
41 points
That's funny, that's exactly what the Pies website has predicted we'll win by :lol:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/1 ... wsid=76375
WHO WILL WIN AND WHY
There is no sensible reason to tip against St Kilda at the moment. Not only are they undefeated, but they have been convincing in each game they’ve played. Collingwood has been too up and down and even though the Pies are coming off a 10-day break there are too many doubts over them to think they can be the first to knock off the Saints.

PREDICTION
St Kilda by 41 points

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
S.A Saint
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
41 points
That's funny, that's exactly what the Pies website has predicted we'll win by :lol:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/1 ... wsid=76375
WHO WILL WIN AND WHY
There is no sensible reason to tip against St Kilda at the moment. Not only are they undefeated, but they have been convincing in each game they’ve played. Collingwood has been too up and down and even though the Pies are coming off a 10-day break there are too many doubts over them to think they can be the first to knock off the Saints.

PREDICTION
St Kilda by 41 points
:D :D :D :D :D

I think the filth might be getting smarter these days hehe

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="StNoodles"]

Josh Fraser — Gardiner can beat him in the ruck, but he'll have to keep up with him around the ground. May push forward, particularly [b]if Rocca doesn't play.[/b] [/quote]

Rocca doesn't want to play, he is scared that Zac will beat him in the air and then humiliate him by running off him. :D :D :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA