Robert Eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Forward lines are overated if the other 2 lines are going well.

you say so, but forgive my concerns when we led 4.13 to 4.4 (or something similar) late in the second quarter despite having had the ball on a string for much of the match.

ross remarked that "you like to see rewards for your toils" when asked about this at his press conference, so i'd be surprised if we don't see either kosi or bj spend a lot more time forward this week.

fwiw i agree that gilbert should stay where he has been excellent this season. i just threw him in to highlight my concerns that we need another goalkicking tall target to complement riewoldt and take some pressure off his kicking.

imo never underestimate the importance of turning opportunities into goals. ask the cats about the 2008 grand final, where their inability to actually put it on the board cost them a premiership.

we do the defensive pressure thing so well but we shouldn't neglect the all-important scoreboard pressure aspect of the game.