A little disapponted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HarveysDeciple

In fairness we looked exhausted this week.

Playing interstate last week on a ground soaked with 5 days worth of rain would take a bit out of the legs, even with a 9 day break.

Plus we exerted a lot of energy in the first 3 quarters last night and should have been about 70 points up at 3 quarter time given our dominance.

No probs with the last quarter, game was over.

groupie1
Club Player

I agree with this guy:

WE WON
WE'RE 6-0
WE'RE TOP OF THE LADDER
NO INJURIES FROM THE GAME

WHAT MORE DO YOU FUC*ING WANT???

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

There were only 5 points in the game that were important to me!

Firstly - the point of the game that the loud mouthed bulldg supporter up and left - midway through the 3rd! Booing our boys as they came on the field, yelling who is being held when Lenny got the free, even though he was the only one actually going for the ball - the list goes on!!!!

The other points - the four points that keep us undefeated!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
spyglass
Club Player

I'm just annoyed Roo didn't kick the ball before the siren - had him as my captain in my supercoach team so 2x points for a kick is always welcome :)

otherwise I'll take a win as a result of great efforts by all players and no injuries anyday!!!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

ThomasR wrote:Heard Choco on the radio today saying that he knows how to beat us (bit of a margin to turn around there) but it was too late to relay all that information out onto the field at the time.
I'm pretty sure they said that before the game too... talk is cheap.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's easy to get greedy for goals, and understandable to want to win each week pulling away at the end.... But we made a genuine contender look fairly ordinary for most of the game, and there were some very tired lads out there.

A quick look at the ladder and our % should help restore some perspective.

What's great is that we still have room to improve.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

14-20..is a tad disappointing...
i wouldve preferred 20-14

but a wins a win...and to be honest between all the other sides in the comp...the dogs are one of the better running sides along with port and geelong.
two down.
ONE TO GO........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:Heard Choco on the radio today saying that he knows how to beat us (bit of a margin to turn around there) but it was too late to relay all that information out onto the field at the time.
Erm...kick more goals than us?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Re: I agree with this guy:

groupie1 wrote:WE WON
WE'RE 6-0
WE'RE TOP OF THE LADDER
NO INJURIES FROM THE GAME

WHAT MORE DO YOU FUC*ING WANT???
Original works? :wink:

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:
I'm pretty sure they said that before the game too... talk is cheap.
I think his plan involves Tonya Harding and a lead pipe.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Great win....

Don't underestimate the fact that the dogs needed that win, big time.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

That was our toughest, gutsiest and therefore most impressive win for the year. I was a little disappointed intially when we started letting them get goals back but not to the point where I wanted us to get more goals and just mercilessly pound them. Last night was about more than that - it was about accountability and intensity and we used so much in the first three quarters that no wonder we were spent.

If anyone is still asking who have we beaten, here's the answer "Six teams, how many have you beaten?"

And if its a Geelong supporter - "Six teams, have you beaten seven? No, oh, then I guess you're no better than us this year*"

*I know they have a premiership but this argument is only about this year

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Playing interstate last week on a ground soaked with 5 days worth of rain would take a bit out of the legs, even with a 9 day break.
What 5 days of rain?
Before last Friday it hadn't rained in Adelaide for 5 months.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:That was our toughest, gutsiest and therefore most impressive win for the year. I was a little disappointed intially when we started letting them get goals back but not to the point where I wanted us to get more goals and just mercilessly pound them. Last night was about more than that - it was about accountability and intensity and we used so much in the first three quarters that no wonder we were spent.

If anyone is still asking who have we beaten, here's the answer "Six teams, how many have you beaten?"

And if its a Geelong supporter - "Six teams, have you beaten seven? No, oh, then I guess you're no better than us this year*"

*I know they have a premiership but this argument is only about this year
Even if we played either the Hawks or Geelong next week, and lost....doesn't qualify if we will the flag. Geelong beat Hawthorn in 2008, didn't impact the GF

Foz
Club Player

A strong win so we will take the points !

It was always going to be an intense struggle, I thought the Doggies zone was good first half and made us make some poor errors. Forced us to go short, take short options so plenty of contested ball up for grabs.

If you review our games we kicked 10 in 2nd qtr against WC, won the 2nd half against Port 6 to 5. The game plan is very successful but looks to take its toll as far as being able to remain fully wound up at the end. Best example was Lenny trying to chase Will Minson but not being able to get there. Would he have got him in qtr 1 or 2 ?

The Dogs are quality side and were somewhat underdone (cooney, murphy). A few late goals a reasonable outcome.

Shaggy
Club Player

There are only 3 mature teams in the comp ... Cats, Dogs and Saints.

I would not be disappointed we just smacked one of the two who can knock us off this year.

Dogs may still come back :shock: .

Great victory and all should understand it.