So how quick is Miles???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So how quick is Miles???

From the regular Sandy watchers now that Miles has played a number of games...how quick is he?

He is meant to be very quick...but has he delivered it in games?

has he looked Lovett like....or has he not stood out pace wise at all?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Shaggy
Club Player

Re: So how quick is Miles???

saintsRrising wrote:From the regular Sandy watchers now that Miles has played a number of games...how quick is he?

He is meant to be very quick...but has he delivered it in games?

has he looked Lovett like....or has he not stood out pace wise at all?
No idea but if he is as good as Lovett we should play him :D .

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Excuse my ignorance but is he not a rookie?

As he's been named as an emergency has he been elevated onto the main list?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I seem to recall reading somewhere on here earlier this week that he had been elevated in place of Dempster?

He was named an emergency last week as well so wouldn't he have needed to be elevated then?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Excuse my ignorance but is he not a rookie?

As he's been named as an emergency has he been elevated onto the main list?
has been elevated for dempster

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I seem to recall reading somewhere on here earlier this week that he had been elevated in place of Dempster?

He was named an emergency last week as well so wouldn't he have needed to be elevated then?
from my understnaind, it was mentioned on saintsational but not mentioned officially by the saints

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I seem to recall reading somewhere on here earlier this week that he had been elevated in place of Dempster?

from my understnaind, it was mentioned on saintsational but not mentioned officially by the saints
I don't recall official word either.

But it was mentioned in an article on team selection last week, I'm pretty sure. And an emergency has to be on the senior list as well - I'm fairly certain on that. Therefore, he must have been promoted.

The Saints are coming!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Miles has been an Emergency two weeks running..so logic would indicate that he must have been elevated.

Anyway...how quick is Miles??????

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

One reason that I am asking is that Lyon is very big on structures and roles.

He clearly has a vision for the team he wants ...and for roles that need to be filled.

For example with Fiora...Lyon wanted him as a designated go to player in the back that so that we had someone with good long kicking skills. Fior's workrate was not good enough often enough..and so it is interesting to me that Gwilt is now beeing given the chance to take on this role.

Back to Miles.

IMO one of the roles that Lyon wants is players with dash to break the lines (think of Lovetts run last weekend....). The right player can do a lot of damage.

Gram is playing such a role at present...but unfortunately Gram is not using the ball efficiently enough at present to really hurt the opposition. Now Gram is not playing badly...but he is not killing the opposition either...he is not breaking open games (if he got his kicking into gear, he could though).

It would not surprise me that Miles will be given a go at some stage running off HB to be an offensive weapon for us.

But this will only be if he really does have express pace..so hence my question in the OP.

Conspiracy Theory It is good to chick one up every now and gain. Normally players are only elevated when they will play senior Football. Dogs area very quick team. PA are also a quick team. Weather conditions agianst PA may have had Lyon err for grunt (Eddy)....but maybe in the dry of Docklands Lyon will bring in Miles as a surprise selection.

This is however against the trend this year to not omit players if they are performing...and so far our 22's have been performing.

Saints43
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Anyway...how quick is Miles??????
I watched him pretty closely in the practice match at OO - thought he did pretty well as I posted at the time - but don't remember my jaw dropping as he sprinted away from anyone. I remember thinking that he seemed to make good decisions and put his head over the ball.

Sat 28 Feb 10:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly any physicality in the second or third quarters (I only got there at quarter time). The last quarter toughened up a bit and we dominated the Dogs without managing to hit the scoreboard. One goal in the quarter.

Zac Dawson won a couple of contests against Brad Johnson. Did pretty well.

Luke Miles has a real go and looks pretty smart. Disposal was questionable but so was everyone elses – both teams. Probably just early season rustiness. Anyway I’m bookmarking Luke as ‘Saints43-great-white-hope’. So that’s the end of him.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

hey does anyone actually know where the rookie list rules are actually found?

It is almost impossible to find via the AFL website. Really pitiful that these types of rule cannotbe found at the touch of a button

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Joey
Club Player

From his player profile on the saints website.

"Medium-sized player with great speed and agility. Clocked an impressive 2.73sec for 20m at WA State Screening Session in 2007, along with 7.83sec for the agility test – the quickest times measured at all 2007 NAB AFL Draft testing."

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
stinger
Saintsational Legend

he's quick....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I believe from what I've read, that he has very good acceleration over small periods of distance

I think in turns of being fast, he's a burst player

exceptional closing speed over the last 10m of a marking contest like Hudghton as an analogy.

Over long distances, I beleive he's of medium pace

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The "closing speed" comments would make sense of why at both his old club and at Sandy that he has ended up playing in the backline..

goodie
Club Player

Solar wrote:hey does anyone actually know where the rookie list rules are actually found?

It is almost impossible to find via the AFL website. Really pitiful that these types of rule cannotbe found at the touch of a button
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rookie_list

Solar
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
Solar wrote:hey does anyone actually know where the rookie list rules are actually found?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rookie_list
doesn't tell me if you can be named as an emergency before being elevated. it is the most confusing set of rule IMO

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith