replacement home game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

replacement home game

officially round 22 against melbourne.

the round 10 match at brisbane will not get you into gameas a home match.

Darren
Club Player

sachweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :D

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Whilst being grateful for the replacement game at the MCG I must say I am disappointed in the arrangements for Gold Reserved Seat Holders.
We currently have seats on L2 Aisle 38 which is pretty much on the wing.

According to the email from the CLub we are being offered seats in Bays N29-N34 which is from the forward pocket to behind the goals, on a sit anywhere in the section basis.

How does this compare to our reserved seats at TD?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: replacement home game

saintly wrote:officially round 22 against melbourne.

What you are saying I think is that your membership will not get you into the Round 10 game v Melbourne on the Gold Coast

As its technically an away game any reserved seating is a bonus I reckon..when we had replacement games for Tasmania home games all we recieved was game entry

Its also a nice extra for MCC Members who would get free admittance anyway

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

What you are saying I think is that your membership will not get you into the Round 10 game v Melbourne on the Gold Coast

As its technically an away game any reserved seating is a bonus I reckon..when we had replacement games for Tasmania home games all we recieved was game entry

I agree with the principle but they 'market' the Gold Reserved Seat portion of the Social Club Membership as '11 games', not 10 games plus a sit anywhere in a reserved section 11th game. They don't discount the price for the premium reserved seats for this 11th game.

Given the bad PR over the compulsory Social Club membership for L2 seat holders this year, you might expect that they would have thought about this complication and accounted for it?

Here's an analogy - you buy a front row seat for a concert that is cancelled because of the performer's ill health. They arrange a replacement gig but tell you your front row seat is now sit anywhere in the first 30 rows - 'first come first served'.
Is that fair and reasonable?
Would you be happy?

SaintDebi
Club Player

Have I got this right?
All members holding standard, bronze and silver reserve seats ( so ALL level 1 reserve seats : roughly aisles 22-43 on level 1, plus another couple of bays on the other side of the ground; and a couple of bays on level 3) are able to access a reserved seating area at the G between bays M30 and M36 -a whole 7 bays behind the goals, on a first come best dressed basis?
I'm sorry if I seem unappreciative, but that hardly seems fair compensation for my Row A level 1 seats on the wing at the dome.
Not happy Jan!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Have I got this right?
All members holding standard, bronze and silver reserve seats ( so ALL level 1 reserve seats : roughly aisles 22-43 on level 1, plus another couple of bays on the other side of the ground; and a couple of bays on level 3) are able to access a reserved seating area at the G between bays M30 and M36 -a whole 7 bays behind the goals, on a first come best dressed basis?
I'm sorry if I seem unappreciative, but that hardly seems fair compensation for my Row A level 1 seats on the wing at the dome.
Not happy Jan!
Same issue as mine on L2.
That's the way I read the email.

SaintDebi
Club Player

And I assume because I technically already have a seat "reserved" for me, I can't use my membership ticket to upgrade and pay for a seat of my choice because one membership cannot have 2 seats?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

How come you say it's a nice extra for us MCC members??

As we get free admittance, I would have prefered (as both an MCC and Saints member) to get the replacement game as a Docklands game (ie the North match!).

I can see why the club choose the MCG match - as it's the one likely to attract the least number of Saints fans, so they don't have to pay the Dees too much money!!!

It could've easily been the North away game at Docklands - hardly likely to sell out.

Also agree with Mr Magic view on the reserved seats - I was lead to believe we purchased 11 games worth of reserved seating, and the MCG area is behind the goals - nowhere near the wing where a lot of our reserved seating is.

Still, let's hope we are in a possie for a top 2 spot at Round 22 and at the time we probably couldn't give a brass razoo about this issue :)

hellorocky
Club Player

Social Club seating for this game???

Anyway, it will be good to play there 2 weeks in a row :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone tell me what position of the ground Level 1 Bays M30 – M36 is?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Can anyone tell me what position of the ground Level 1 Bays M30 – M36 is?
Ponsford Stand, Ground level, deep in the forward pocket across the goals to the other forward pocket.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Thu 30 Apr 2009 9:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Can anyone tell me what position of the ground Level 1 Bays M30 – M36 is?
Forget that request, I have just realised that there is a link in the email and it's behind the goals for level 1, 2 and 3 reserved seat holders :twisted:

I like sitting near or close to the wing, so IMO this sucks and the family will have to sit on level 4.

Thanks very much for nothing :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
How come you say it's a nice extra for us MCC members??

As we get free admittance, I would have prefered (as both an MCC and Saints member) to get the replacement game as a Docklands game (ie the North match!).
Agree saintspremiers, no value there for Saints members lucky enough to be MCC members.

Have I read it right then that those Saints supporters who fork out the money for the trip to the Coast will have to pay for entry??? To me that's a disgrace...surely in this day and age with barcodes on the membership cards it can be tracked that that particular game was used leaving those who went to the GC to have to pay to get into that 'refund' game.

SaintDebi
Club Player

I know there are more rows of seats per bay at the MCG (AA etc), but are the seven bays allocated actually going to sit all of our reserve seat members? As far as I can work out we have at least 25 bays of reserved seats encompassing our standard, bronze and silver members.
And BTW I agree, StFid. This seating is not comparable to the seats I have chosen to pay extra for on the wing.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote: And BTW I agree, StFid. This seating is not comparable to the seats I have chosen to pay extra for on the wing.
Yep, this is surely not going to be a "blockbuster" match and I feel we have been ripped off.

There would be or should be, better seats available for this match and many of those seats will be vacant come match day.

doggerel
Club Player

This is also the same game that registered Auskick kids get 4 x family tickets to if they nominate Saints as their team.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:Social Club seating for this game???

Anyway, it will be good to play there 2 weeks in a row :wink:
Make that 4 weeks in a row.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
lovedal26
Club Player

i didnt get any email and im a reserved seat holder on Level 1 aisle 27

nick dal santo #26
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

lovedal26 wrote:i didnt get any email and im a reserved seat holder on Level 1 aisle 27
Well that's bloody poor, PM me your email address and I will forward the message onto you, if you wish.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

try the home page of " Saints.com.au
http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
same message

and it's up to people to READ the emails that are sent them, some servers double or triple check and we know from other evnets that people recieve e-mails at differant rates.

I quite like the area set aside
it's the end of ground I like to sit- it's the end of the ground that some of the MW have in the past elected to sit,
the wings are mostly taken by MCC- we were never getting in there, unless you are MCC and AFL- same on that side

sitting at that end we get as much protection from the weather as is possible anywhere outside Docklands.

in previous years we have been given nothing more than entry for replacement games, in general admittance area and shoved into a few bays on the southern side of the ground- or up to level 3 at docklands.

in reality- if you have a 16 game membership it's no differance- with all that it is dissapointing that there isn't a memebrs price for Carrara.
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 30 Apr 2009 10:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintDebi
Club Player

Hey, math is not my strong point, but are we being ripped off here?

We play a total of 16 games in Victoria. My membership card says I have paid for 11 home games, and 5 Vic away games. 11 and 5 is 16 right? So I have already paid for those 16 games. Then I lose the game we play on the Gold coast, and to compensate me, they have arranged to admit me to the Melbourne game that I've already paid for?

Fair enough. Not ideal, I miss out on sitting where I've paid good money to sit, but I'll cop that. But hang on, instead of letting me buy a seat in the area I want to sit in like I would at any of the other away games I've already paid for, they then tell me I can fight it out with my fellow seat holders for whatever seat I can manage to find within a crappy area.

Not happy, Membership. :evil:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Sorry. Just reread last post. Bad choice of words.
I know many people choose to sit behind the goals. Crappy was a poor choice of words.
I should have just said it was not the area I like to sit in.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

But in reality SaintDebi if the replacement game was at Docklands we would NOT be able to buy the seats we currently reserve either because the ' home' team has them and has them reserved-
we would be in another area anyway- probably level 3-
the best we could do is behind goals at either end

they atleast have offered a Saints area.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Guys and gals..I thnk you'll find that the only way we were going to get reserved seats at this replacement game was if they had it at the G..and unfort thanks to the FIX-ture Round 22 was their only option. Remember its a replacement "free" entry game, not an actual home game. The logistics of having 2 "home" teams at ES would be a nightmare.and thats what we'd be faced with if they'd had the replacement game there with Saints reserved seating. THink about it...imagine a Saints home game there and try and work out where you'd put 15,000 extra reserved seat holders except on L3, and then there'd be more grizzling

AS for the location of the seating, well not its not on the Wing, but remember its still actually Melbourne's home game, and they have their own Yearly reserved seats to consider. I cant be faffed searching the Net to find where they are, but theres a pretty good chance that they might be on the wing eh?

Personally, Id far prefer to be behind the goals in the Ponsford stand, than on the wing on the top deck of the GSS..and who knows maybe that was the only other option? Oh and the Club HAVE organised a pseudo-Social club for the gold seating people.

As I mentioned elsewhere, noone seemed to complain back in the Tassie days when all you got as compensation was free entry to an away game..no reserved seating areas at all..at TD or the 'G

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor