Ross Lyon Genius 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jackal
Club Player

Ross Lyon Genius 2

Started this in a new post as I wanted my message to be read by all.

Ross Lyon has done a fantastic job with the Saints but I would like to add that we should give credit to the entire coaching team.
From where I sit it seems that SOS has had a huge influence on the side and our defense which was good is now excellent.

I would also suggest that Leigh Tudor has also had an influence on the group especially some of the 'younger fringe' players.

Great All Round!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Good post mate.

Whilst obviously Rosco will be given most of the credit (and rightly so IMO) for turning this group around, the efforts of the assistants cannot go unnoticed!

SOS has made the defence the most frugal in the league. He consistently gets the right matchups for the opposition forwards, and has the group gelled together. Additionally, many of our attacking moves are orchestrated with run from the half-back line.

Elshaug's role with the midfield IMO has been underrated so far this year. I've barely heard anyone mention his name. Dal & Monty have taken their game to new levels this year, and have added elements of hardness and discipline that were not consistently there in previous years. Also, BJ, Lenny & Bally continue to get the job done!

Tudor has set up a really good forward-line structure. The rise of midfielders and other players previously not kicking many goals (see Mini, Geary, CJ & Dal) into regular goal kickers adds much flexibility and variety into our attack!

Overall, we have a very strong coaching group that seemingly work very well with the players. We have a well-balanced list that can probably go a long way into September...

BTW, did I mention that the lid is slowly coming ajar? 8-)

The Saints are coming!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

GT on SEN this morning said RL is doing a better job with the Saints than he ever could.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:GT on SEN this morning said RL is doing a better job with the Saints than he ever could.
u should start a thread on that quote LOL
could go for weeks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SaintWodonga
Club Player

fingers wrote:GT on SEN this morning said RL is doing a better job with the Saints than he ever could.
Yeah, that's because he coaches without ego... (and uses the rookie list)

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:
Lies! Lies! You've twisted it and taken it out of context!

Kidding :wink:

kaos theory
Club Player

Started this in a new post as I wanted my message to be read by all.

Ross Lyon has done a fantastic job with the Saints but I would like to add that we should give credit to the entire coaching team.
From where I sit it seems that SOS has had a huge influence on the side and our defense which was good is now excellent.

I would also suggest that Leigh Tudor has also had an influence on the group especially some of the 'younger fringe' players.

Great All Round!
Agreed, BUT how about some credit for the management/admin?

A complete re-vamp of the entire footy operations department, since its been in control:

- Revamp of recuiting, also big improvement in rookie selections (more of them and good policy on selection processes)

- Revamp in the player conditioning area, moving from the worst injury list for years (2001 to 2007) to one of the best (2008 onwards).

- Revamp of player development and support staff coaching

Beekay
SS Life Member

players probably deserve some cred too. 8-)

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Why? What GT said is entirely correct. And I for one couldn't be happier. I'm delighted that I misjudged Lyon, and CJ and Gardi

The only thing that bugs me right now is how a number (or, to be precise two) posters on here with small minds and even smaller.....never mind...see the string of excellent performances as being not
something for the club, the players, or the fans to celebrate.

Not at all. Apparently the whole point of the last few weeks has been so they can go "nah nah de nah nah" we were right and you were wrong.

Never mind that they probably weren't even supporting the saints a few years ago (we know teffers wasn't).

Never mind that they would have been equally excited about Mark Harvey or Daryn Cresswell or any other such loser as coach because they wouldn't have been GT.

Never mind that they wrote off half the players who are now contributing big time: Dal, Kosi, Raph, Mini, Gwilt, etc

But what the heck, we are going the best we've gone since 1997 IMO. So I can put up with just about anything and anyone ATM!!

And, when I wake up every morning I get to be me, while they have to be themselves.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Loyal
Club Player

LT has given Kosi the belief.