The Fox Report - Round 3

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Review of the Fox Report
I just hope that Rodge never stops his hilarious weekly diatribe.
Surely many of us were waiting for this one - being the poor, bored, ignorant, lying, but optimistic illiterates that we all are.
And this week my review of the Fox report has it that this one was one of the best ever.
In a week when the Saints put together one of the most comprehensive annihilations of the opposition witnessed for some years, it was a mystery how Rodge could cast this in the negative - and it took a couple of days - but - to his credit - he was hugely successful.
Firstly, controversy was inevitable when he admitted he did not bother to go and or watch it – replays included – what could rile the diehards more than this?
Secondly, how could he criticise the team? His response to this intangible was brilliant – find some obscure and overly sensitive statistics and pick on a fringe player that some others have a history of targeting – hence dividing the readers.
Thirdly, sit back and watch and make personal borderline insults without revealing the source of the stats until the excitement was almost gone.
The end result was priceless. Well worth the read – entertainment for an hour or two is guaranteed as reader after reader is sucked into the vortex of irrational conjecture and counter conjecture.
Students of Epistemology would be well advised to focus on the next installment – particularly in a year when the Saints look like doing quite well – challenging the cynic in Rodger to even greater heights of indefeasibility as he walks the fine line between Pierre Gassendi and Rene Descartes.
With this in mind let's all hope that the Saints win equally well again this week.
my review of your review is five rubber chickens

bravo

The thinking mans bet for post of the year

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Rene Descartes
...was a drunken fart, I think therefore I am 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Rene Descartes
I DRINK therefore I am. :roll:

Whats worse than verbatim quoting of Monty Python?

When the doofus of a nutless mod gets the quote wrong :shock: :shock:

Give yourself an uppercut Mick.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Rene Descartes
I DRINK therefore I am. :roll:

Whats worse than verbatim quoting of Monty Python?

When the doofus of a nutless mod gets the quote wrong :shock: :shock:

Give yourself an uppercut Mick.
Can I take the blow to the head??? 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Shaggy
Club Player

The Fox Report is great .... and obviously followed :D .

markp
Saintsational Legend

Surely many of us were waiting for this one - being the poor, bored, ignorant, lying, but optimistic illiterates that we all are.
And this week my review of the Fox report has it that this one was one of the best ever.
In a week when the Saints put together one of the most comprehensive annihilations of the opposition witnessed for some years, it was a mystery how Rodge could cast this in the negative - and it took a couple of days - but - to his credit - he was hugely successful.
Firstly, controversy was inevitable when he admitted he did not bother to go and or watch it – replays included – what could rile the diehards more than this?
Secondly, how could he criticise the team? His response to this intangible was brilliant – find some obscure and overly sensitive statistics and pick on a fringe player that some others have a history of targeting – hence dividing the readers.
Thirdly, sit back and watch and make personal borderline insults without revealing the source of the stats until the excitement was almost gone.
The end result was priceless. Well worth the read – entertainment for an hour or two is guaranteed as reader after reader is sucked into the vortex of irrational conjecture and counter conjecture.
Students of Epistemology would be well advised to focus on the next installment – particularly in a year when the Saints look like doing quite well – challenging the cynic in Rodger to even greater heights of indefeasibility as he walks the fine line between Pierre Gassendi and Rene Descartes.
With this in mind let's all hope that the Saints win equally well again this week.
Great post.

Seems to me his main goal is to see how often he can sell the same 3 card trick to the 'morons'.

What I just don't get is why... perhaps he's a prisoner with some serious time to kill (that would also explain his inability to get to games), and between shower time and doing favours for cigarettes this is how he gets his jollies.

We'll never know.

Shaggy
Club Player

markp wrote:
Great post.

Seems to me his main goal is to see how often he can sell the same 3 card trick to the 'morons'.

What I just don't get is why... perhaps he's a prisoner with some serious time to kill (that would also explain his inability to get to games), and between shower time and doing favours for cigarettes this is how he gets his jollies.

We'll never know.
The gang up is unbelievable.

RF stated up front he did not see the game. If he was wrong from the stats why get so excited :lol:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: The gang up is unbelievable.

RF stated up front he did not see the game. If he was wrong from the stats why get so excited :lol:
It's not just 1 thread... fast forward 2 years and see if you're still laughing when he's playing the same game over and over.

Shaggy
Club Player

markp wrote:
Shaggy wrote: The gang up is unbelievable.

It's not just 1 thread... fast forward 2 years and see if you're still laughing when he's playing the same game over and over.
If you read RF's OP he has changed his view on many things he challenged the last 2 years. Did you read his OP or you just want to have a go?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: If you read RF's OP he has changed his view on many things he challenged the last 2 years. Did you read his OP or you just want to have a go?
What makes you think I'm talking about the OP?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:[

What I just don't get is why... perhaps he's a prisoner with some serious time to kill

We'll never know.
I think you may be quite close...except that ..it is some dead end job that he kills time in.

Many comment after the games...RF waits till he clocks onto his shift each Monday.....or weeks like this when Monday was a Public Holiday...Tuesday..

Mind you..waiting a few days means one can sift through all the other posts before posting one summary of the masses..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Shaggy
Club Player

markp wrote:
Shaggy wrote: If you read RF's OP he has changed his view on many things he challenged the last 2 years. Did you read his OP or you just want to have a go?
What makes you think I'm talking about the OP?
Fair enough. I bypassed 4 pages :D .

But the OP was positive, controversial and not negative RL. No doubt it has been hijacked since as to who is right and who was wrong.

Everyone should look at RF's reference to Westaway in the OP because just maybe the board has made a huge difference this year.

I have never read a director come out and say what Westaway did after the Crow's game.

So Markp do you believe Westaway? Did the Board tell RL we must be more attacking this year ?

As a club we are loss making, negative cashflow and net liabilities and close to bust.

Just maybe our financial circumstances are now bringing the best out of all the club.

Regardless full credit to RL because he is now getting the best out of the players.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think some are forgetting that Lyon stated last season that he wanted the players to play more attacking football...but they just weren't.

Players like Roo, Ball etc all came out and said ditto....some on this forum did not believe them.

I think in 2009.....that the intent is now being achieved.

Shaggy
Club Player

Lol.

Players normally play as they are instructed.

First quarter against the Swans I saw Gilbert and Chips attack but not the others.

Since then the whole team has. Coralling has gone with the wind.

Who knows why but regardless we are there. We are now an attacking team similar to Geelong but IMO better (I hope) :D .

The players are 100% responding to RL and it appears RL has responded to the Board (based on Westaway's comments).

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Fox Report - Round 3

rodgerfox wrote:

After Westaway came out pre-season and said that we needed to play with some flair and be more attacking, I was interested. Intrigued actually.

He either was telling the coach indirectly to get with the times and change his plan. Or re-iterating what he'd already spoken to the coach about. Or Lyon had spoken to him and already told him what he was changing. Or, and this may well be the case, Lyon had always intended to morph us into what we've seen this year all along.

Anyway, we'll probably never know the backgound to his comments, but he was right.

For a bit of context this is what Lyon said n April 11:

"We're playing virtually exactly the same as we did in the second half of last year. We averaged 16 goals when we won, which was reasonable. In the second half of the year, we averaged one goal behind the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn. I thought we played reasonably attractive footy."

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Lol.

. Coralling has gone with the wind.
Now there is something I can agree with.

This to me is the main change that Lyon has made. And this change is causing more turnovers more swifty.

The rest I believe is mainly due the players playing with more confidence...and secondly that the defensive part of their game has now moved to the unconscious conscious where the players can do it without thinking...and so now are less hesistant.

More confidence and discipline has also the result that the players are running more and harder.

From greater run comes more space.

From more space comes more opportunity.

From more opportunity comes more attack...and more direct and swifter attack.

Shaggy
Club Player

Re: The Fox Report - Round 3

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

After Westaway came out pre-season and said that we needed to play with some flair and be more attacking, I was interested. Intrigued actually.

He either was telling the coach indirectly to get with the times and change his plan. Or re-iterating what he'd already spoken to the coach about. Or Lyon had spoken to him and already told him what he was changing. Or, and this may well be the case, Lyon had always intended to morph us into what we've seen this year all along.

Anyway, we'll probably never know the backgound to his comments, but he was right.

For a bit of context this is what Lyon said n April 11:

"We're playing virtually exactly the same as we did in the second half of last year. We averaged 16 goals when we won, which was reasonable. In the second half of the year, we averaged one goal behind the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn. I thought we played reasonably attractive footy."
With the difference that we are now better than anyone in the league. The finals last year showed us as pretenders. This year there is real belief.

There it goes ... the belief factor :shock: :D

yipper
SS Life Member

And to think I could have been doing my assignments instead of falling for this continual baiting!! Oh well...

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:It's not just 1 thread... fast forward 2 years and see if you're still laughing when he's playing the same game over and over.
What a boring bunch of backslappers we would be without rodgerfox.

He's the black heart of the community. Every online forum needs someone like him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

watched the game yet roge :?: :?:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Just flagging that we only have a 6 day break after the Freo game - that may not give folk enough time to digest and comment on the round 4 Fox report.

Any chance it could be posted tomorrow?

By the time we dissect Saturday's game and Sack Lyon/Drop Dal/Trade Kosi (after a loss), backslap everyone and arrange our September weekends (after a win) or start "I was wrong" threads (you know who you are) it only gives people 2-3 days to whine and mope.

yipper
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:Just flagging that we only have a 6 day break after the Freo game - that may not give folk enough time to digest and comment on the round 4 Fox report.

By the time we dissect Saturday's game and Sack Lyon/Drop Dal/Trade Kosi (after a loss), backslap everyone and arrange our September weekends (after a win) or start "I was wrong" threads (you know who you are) it only gives people 2-3 days to whine and mope.
Perhaps we could just go straight to the Pro-Stats site and save us a Fox Report - obviously we need to rely on a "professional statician" to give us all the "accurate" info - we don't even need to go to a game or even watch the game that way!! Could save even more time!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
markp
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:Just flagging that we only have a 6 day break after the Freo game - that may not give folk enough time to digest and comment on the round 4 Fox report.

Perhaps we could just go straight to the Pro-Stats site and save us a Fox Report - obviously we need to rely on a "professional statician" to give us all the "accurate" info - we don't even need to go to a game or even watch the game that way!! Could save even more time!!
I just checked and Blake has zero possessions for round 4.... that's not good.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

Yes his game this Saturday night was a shocker :wink:

Still one plus...his error rate was much improved...he could just not find the ball...yet!!!

HarveysDeciple

saintsRrising wrote:
markp wrote:

Yes his game this Saturday night was a shocker :wink:

Still one plus...his error rate was much improved...he could just not find the ball...yet!!!
Where also in trouble, not a single centre clearance for the night.