This will sound like heresy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I'm stuck at Adelaide airport reading this thread and totally agree with JB for a change. Said it last year and got completely howled down by everyone except one or 2 posters.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I'm stuck at Adelaide airport reading this thread and totally agree with JB for a change. Said it last year and got completely howled down by everyone except one or 2 posters.
plugger66 my Op was more a question than a definitive statement.

Mabye two game is still too early to ask the question - however I really feel there is some kind of change about the attitude in the team.

It may have something to do with the fact that our talisman R.Harvey is no longer there and the players have to take responsibility for the team now and not leave it to the great man.

It may only be a subtle shift but maybe it is a shift nothe less.

if it helps the team I can see why it is wrong to mention harvey.

Nobody is knocking him or critisising him - more a critisism of the team and the players still there if anything.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: This will sound like heresy

joffaboy wrote:And I want to make it absolutely clear that this is in no way a critisism of the greatest od all Saints players.

My question is....

Is St.Kilda better off from a structure and psychological perspective now Robert Harvey has retired?

Again I say that this is now way a critisism of Harvey. He is beyond critisism and any team is better off with him in the team...

Mabye my critisism is with the mindset of the other mids who may have always thought that when in trouble we could always turn to Harvey.

Well Harv's is gone and with it the last of the old Saints. Now the Riewoldt's and Dal Santo's and the Goddards own this team it may be time for them to pu their stamp on our club and its playing culture.

Harv's needed a change of scenery and mabye so did the Saints. It is so good to see our midfield so hard at it - out tackling and pressure without the ball so encouraging and our overall team performance so even - not the usual Saints way of relying on our marquee players winning the game for us.

Grant Thomas mentioned it a couple of weeks back that our culture was one of looking to individuals and messiahs to take our club forward. Rightly or wrongly Harv's was seen as one of those messiahs.

Now we HAVE to do it without that mindset and so far - early days - post Harv's we seem to be doing this.

Ross Lyon told the playing group they were kidding themselves if they thought a 30 y.o midfielder would win them a flag when telling htm about the reasons why they didn't take Cousins.

Mabye this mindset of not hoping for the individual to come to the Saints and win us glory is permeating through the club.

I for one hope so. And if Lyon is the one achieving it - all power to him.

As I stated - this is just a discussion point and not a critisism of the great man Harvey.

I also have notived a distinct lack of talk about Harv's from supporters and bemoaning the fact that he isn't there. Mabye the mindset is also going through the supporters as well - or mabye it is because we have won both games this year with our mids doing well. :wink:

Am I being too harsh or is there merit in my thoughts?
bingo...the five pages before this posts proves its such a sore spot

fact is its great harvey has gone

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I'm stuck at Adelaide airport reading this thread and totally agree with JB for a change. Said it last year and got completely howled down by everyone except one or 2 posters.
plugger66 my Op was more a question than a definitive statement.

Mabye two game is still too early to ask the question - however I really feel there is some kind of change about the attitude in the team.

It may have something to do with the fact that our talisman R.Harvey is no longer there and the players have to take responsibility for the team now and not leave it to the great man.

It may only be a subtle shift but maybe it is a shift nothe less.

if it helps the team I can see why it is wrong to mention harvey.

Nobody is knocking him or critisising him - more a critisism of the team and the players still there if anything.
said it last year too..hell even created a thread about it if memory serves correct

and no two games in is not too early to state the obvious...this group is better off without the glorified man that harvs is

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK..Ive had a chance to painfully read through the lastest lil bout of tantrums...and seeing as the two main protagonists seem keen handing out insults in public, you can cop some home truths in public too...

Joffaboy: The first cheap shot in that war was fired by your good self."You obviously cant read". No not the worst insult ever thrown in here but 100% unneccesary, doubly so since you then go on and later commend other posters for replying to you without insult. A touch hypocritical?

Stinger: Your first two posts in this thread were purely aimed at having a crack at other posters. No insults per se but it just inflamed the whole situation. Why not offer your own opinion without belittling others? Also, your comments re the PM's wife, whilct not aimed at another poster were unpleasant, derogatory and sexist. You are entitled to your opinion on politics but your opinion on her physical appearance has nothing to do with it. You were the first to have a crack at someone for belittling John Howard a while back.
Lastly, You claim to "accept the umpires decision"..however..twice since Ive been a mod you've threatened to report me to Admins when Ive warned you...and you have also publicly accused me of "ruining the forum". Hardly accepting the umpires decision eh?

This was always gonna be a sensitive topic..but IMHO a valid one...but true to form some of the usual suspects can be relied on to bugger it up with the usual childish nonsense.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: Joffaboy: The first cheap shot in that war was fired by your good self."You obviously cant read". No not the worst insult ever thrown in here but 100% unneccesary, doubly so since you then go on and later commend other posters for replying to you without insult. A touch hypocritical?

No you are wrong. I started out be stating that it wasn't a critisism of Harvey basically said that as a team we are better with him than without him.

I stated twice that I wasn't having a crack at Harvey. It was a question on the attitude and psych of the current playing group and if GT's comment and Lyons comments had merit.

The poster then posted a derisive and sarcastic post completely misprepresenting the OP.

I said obviously you cant read because it was obvious to me the poster hadn't read or attempted to understand the OP.

That is not an insult - it was a statement of fact.

Please dont try and point blame at me in this thread when all along I have tried to keep the thread OT.

Another poster renown for trolling and jacking threads completely tried to wreck this thread with his usual abuse and taking the thread off topic.

More than one poster also commented on this poster.

Why you and the other mods persist in allowing this behaviour to continue is beyond me.

Most people are sick and tired of this trolling and jacking of perfectly good football threads.

So back to my problem with you post. I did not insult anyone. I have a right to protect the integrity of the OP and when someone blatanly misrepresents the essence of the OP I have a right to correct the misrepresentation.

When are you and the other mods going to stop threads being trolled and jacked?

that should be the question.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: This was always gonna be a sensitive topic..but IMHO a valid one...but true to form some of the usual suspects can be relied on to bugger it up with the usual childish nonsense.
Well for gods sake do something about it Mick.

Where was there abuse apart from the trolling jacker?

It was a good thread until ruined by the usual abusive poster.

Don't think - DO.

Lance or James??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote: Lastly, You claim to "accept the umpires decision"..however..twice since Ive been a mod you've threatened to report me to Admins when Ive warned you...and you have also publicly accused me of "ruining the forum". Hardly accepting the umpires decision eh?
Are you serious? So he actually makes threats to mods also??

So the bullying isn't confined to only the posters?

Oh deary deary me. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Jommend other posters for replying to you without insult. A touch hypocritical?

Stinger:
Lastly, You claim to "accept the umpires decision"..however..twice since Ive been a mod you've threatened to report me to Admins when Ive warned you...and you have also publicly accused me of "ruining the forum". Hardly accepting the umpires decision eh?

i would like you to reproduce that..if it was on a general or footy forum......the only things i remember were discussions in pm's...not on this board.....and that was a fair time ago.......since then ..i haven't had a problem with your moderation....

i thought discussions between mods and posters by pm were confidential.....and reproducing them here a breach of the rules..
Last edited by stinger on Sun 05 Apr 2009 5:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:This had the makings of a good thread and discussion.

I struggle to understand why you post on this board Stinger. Really I do.

Seriously, your grandstanding has not just destroyed this thread, but half the discussion threads posted on this board over the past several years.

Your are a complete parasite on this forum. In fact, I would go as far as to say that you are the catalyst that has caused much of the decay of Saintsational over the past four years.

You add nothing but personal attacks and worthless response posts, usually between one and three lines in length and mostly just to abuse someone.

I really do hope the mod's here show some backbone and IP ban you, not just a two day holiday for you, but show you the door completely.

This post is just what you are looking for though is it not?

You are the consummate "Internet Hero". Seriously, you should teach a TAFE course such is your skill.

my care factor about what you think is less than zero...this is not the first time you have openly abused me on this forum..whist i have never abused you.....in fact..you and your mates continually call me names and try and denigrate me...where it is some years..apart from the odd lapse..and only when provoked.... that i have abused anybody......sure in the old days..i called some spades bloody shovels..but those days are long gone....anyway as i said...i couldn't give a rats for your views on me.....this is an internet forum ffs.......if you don't like what i post don't read it...ffs....... :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 05 Apr 2009 5:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote: Lastly, You claim to "accept the umpires decision"..however..twice since Ive been a mod you've threatened to report me to Admins when Ive warned you...and you have also publicly accused me of "ruining the forum". Hardly accepting the umpires decision eh?
Are you serious? So he actually makes threats to mods also??

So the bullying isn't confined to only the posters?

Oh deary deary me. :roll:
whereas your attempted...and i empahasise attempted bullying is confined to me......you are a stalker and an abusive poster...if the cap fits....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Please mods - can you have the trolling jacker of threads stop this incessant breaking of forum rules.

This self aggrandiosement and constant sniping at other posters has nothing to do with the OP.

Mods - why wont you stop this from occuring???

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Please mods - can you have the trolling jacker of threads stop this incessant breaking of forum rules.

This self aggrandiosement and constant sniping at other posters has nothing to do with the OP.

Mods - why wont you stop this from occuring???
don't like me having a right of reply jb.....i am simply replying to abusive posts on your op directed at me...i pointed this out to you last night...but you choose to simply have a go at me...or more correctly refer the mods in my direction.....how about you direct your venom to those posting comments directed at me in this thread and not addressing your op......

..and for he record...i have addressed your op in other posts......it is a preposterous suggestion...don't like my view ...tough....

i'm not the one sniping....or being abusive...you guys are bullies...been shown before...i have reported you to the mods for calling me a fcuker..and a silly old bugger...you are just out to get even...most posters on here...apart from your mates...can see that..

..anyway

you should be pleased ...this thread would long ago have been consigned to the second page without your mates baiting posts....

and do you really think that i don't know that your public posts to the mods are anything more than attempts to belittle and denigrate me in the eyes of other posters without actually abusing me.....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 05 Apr 2009 5:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarveysDeciple

Lol. Hilarious and typical.

The mods tell it how it is and the usual whinges who do nothing but abuse each other jump around and go.

"oh no fair, it's not my fault, it's all him, it's all them, I'm innocent"

No your not innocent, none of you are, joffaboy, stinger, wj42, none of you are...so all 3 of you grow up, or all 3 of you receive warnings and bans.

Absolutely sick to death of childish behaviour from apparently grown up and mature adults.

Look in the mirror, disgraceful.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Lol. Hilarious and typical.

The mods tell it how it is and the usual whinges who do nothing but abuse each other jump around and go.

No your not innocent, none of you are, joffaboy, stinger, wj42, none of you are...so all 3 of you grow up, or all 3 of you receive warnings and bans.

Absolutely sick to death of childish behaviour from apparently grown up and mature adults.

i'm out of this thread mate...at least you attribute even blame....

Johnny Favier
Club Player

An interesting and thought-provoking theory JB. (Brave to boot!)

However, I don't concur with your theory, because IMO I think what we've seen so far is just a natural evolution of our gameplan and the result of RL's message starting to get through to the boys.
I think they're maturing as a group.
I'm particularly impressed with what SOS has achieved with our defence.

Their ability so far to execute the gameplan has me excited about our chances for the rest of the season! Still a long long way to go though...

So I may not agree JB, but I can appreciate where you're coming from and I think only time will tell if Harv's departure was a catalyst for our boys to go to the next level or not.

It's a great pity that some people posting in this thread are unable to see where you're coming from...the reaction from some has been nothing short of ridiculous and smacks of immaturity.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Please point to the posts on this thread where I abused anyone.

All I asked for was to have this thread not jacked.

I can see why so many have left this forum.

If you care to read the thread you will see plenty of opinions who were for or against the issue raised in the OP.

However one poster came on here and has posted in it probably over a dozen times with the clear intent of jacking and ruining this thread.

I thought that was against forum rules - but apparently you can abuse me for wanting this thread not to be ruined.

i can see why the likes of moose and JeffDunne for two - who were both quality posters dont post here any more.

I normally dont go in for having a go at the mods. i think it is a thankless task and most of you do a good job. If you warn someone they should take it and learn to post within the forum rules.

you say you are sick of it - so is everybody - sick of threads being jacked and trolls being allowed to ruin a good thread.

As I said at the beginning go back and find where i abused or went off topic.

And that is the whole point.

I notice the troll and thread jacker has now achieved his aim and wrecked the thread and had you come in and defend his blatant breaking of the forum rules.

Good one. Well done. Might be an idea to read the thread before throwing around incorrect allegations.

pretty dissapointing I must say Darren.

Also noticed you and Mick had no opinion on the OP.

Just as bad as the jacker in my opinion.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Favier wrote:An interesting and thought-provoking theory JB. (Brave to boot!)

However, I don't concur with your theory, because IMO I think what we've seen so far is just a natural evolution of our gameplan and the result of RL's message starting to get through to the boys.
I think they're maturing as a group.
I'm particularly impressed with what SOS has achieved with our defence.

Their ability so far to execute the gameplan has me excited about our chances for the rest of the season! Still a long long way to go though...

So I may not agree JB, but I can appreciate where you're coming from and I think only time will tell if Harv's departure was a catalyst for our boys to go to the next level or not.

It's a great pity that some people posting in this thread are unable to see where you're coming from...the reaction from some has been nothing short of ridiculous and smacks of immaturity.
Yours seems to be the prevailing thought of the posters who had the decency to stay OT.

As I have posted numerous times - I probably dont agree either - the Op was more a question than a definitive statement - and it is probably too early to tell - after all it is only two wins without the great man.

Really it would be a combination of many factors not just the musing in the OP.
Will be interesting to watch.

Lance or James??

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Am I being too harsh or is there merit in my thoughts?
no. i noticed a similar effect when plugger left.

someone will step up to fill the breach and at this early stage it looks like dal has put his hand up.

which isn't to say that banger wasn't one of our great champions.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 05 Apr 2009 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarveysDeciple

joffaboy wrote:

Please point to the posts on this thread where I abused anyone.

All I asked for was to have this thread not jacked.

I can see why so many have left this forum.

If you care to read the thread you will see plenty of opinions who were for or against the issue raised in the OP.

However one poster came on here and has posted in it probably over a dozen times with the clear intent of jacking and ruining this thread.

I thought that was against forum rules - but apparently you can abuse me for wanting this thread not to be ruined.

i can see why the likes of moose and JeffDunne for two - who were both quality posters dont post here any more.

I normally dont go in for having a go at the mods. i think it is a thankless task and most of you do a good job. If you warn someone they should take it and learn to post within the forum rules.

you say you are sick of it - so is everybody - sick of threads being jacked and trolls being allowed to ruin a good thread.

As I said at the beginning go back and find where i abused or went off topic.

And that is the whole point.

I notice the troll and thread jacker has now achieved his aim and wrecked the thread and had you come in and defend his blatant breaking of the forum rules.

Good one. Well done. Might be an idea to read the thread before throwing around incorrect allegations.

pretty dissapointing I must say Darren.

Also noticed you and Mick had no opinion on the OP.

Just as bad as the jacker in my opinion.
this is a general rule, yes the thread was hijacked by the usual suspects.

But you also stir the pot, Im not trying to offend you, I've met you and your a great bloke, but you have certainly ripped into people, and you have certainly stirred the pot and you do say things to get reactions.

And how are we jacking the thread? As mods it is our right to post on the behaviour of children, I mean forumites.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:this is a general rule, yes the thread was hijacked by the usual suspects.
No by ONE poster. Completely wrecked the thread when most posters have commented that it was an interesting subject and worth exploring.
HarveysDeciple wrote:But you also stir the pot, Im not trying to offend you, I've met you and your a great bloke, but you have certainly ripped into people, and you have certainly stirred the pot and you do say things to get reactions.
Yes i have been known to. I was warned by Saints66au for abusing plugger66 last weekend. I took that as stepping over the mark and decided that I would stick to the rules and not stir the pot - especially on the footy forum - the general forum is for fun IMHO.

The one poster came on and trolled and jacked and even though he attempted to wreck a thread many other members discussed and debated the thread.

Why is it to much to have the rules enforced? Why should I incorrectly get accused of abuse when I have abused nobody? Why should I be coupled with the troll and thread jacker when I have not gone off topic except to ask the troll and jack to stop trolling and to ask WJ42 to ignore the troll which I have done?
HarveysDeciple wrote:And how are we jacking the thread? As mods it is our right to post on the behaviour of children, I mean forumites.
Because i made a formal complaint to the mod on the thread jacker. This was made via PM.

I would expect a reply via PM and not have mods contribute to the wrecking of a football thread.

I was warned last week - i accepted that as fair enough. i was wrong to abuse plugger66 and wont be breaking forum rules again.

What I wont accept is that I now play exactly by forum rules and get accused of abuse and called a bloody child.

Aren't you blokes supposed to enforce the forum rules?

Why wont you stop the jacking of threads by the usual SUSPECT???

It is destroying the football forum and the place is losing good contributers.

You have heard this before from members who have now left.

how many have to leave before you blokes do something about the problem?

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:this is a general rule, yes the thread was hijacked by the usual suspects.
No by ONE poster. Completely wrecked the thread when most posters have commented that it was an interesting subject and worth exploring.
HarveysDeciple wrote:But you also stir the pot, Im not trying to offend you, I've met you and your a great bloke, but you have certainly ripped into people, and you have certainly stirred the pot and you do say things to get reactions.
Yes i have been known to. I was warned by Saints66au for abusing plugger66 last weekend. I took that as stepping over the mark and decided that I would stick to the rules and not stir the pot - especially on the footy forum - the general forum is for fun IMHO.

The one poster came on and trolled and jacked and even though he attempted to wreck a thread many other members discussed and debated the thread.

Why is it to much to have the rules enforced? Why should I incorrectly get accused of abuse when I have abused nobody? Why should I be coupled with the troll and thread jacker when I have not gone off topic except to ask the troll and jack to stop trolling and to ask WJ42 to ignore the troll which I have done?
HarveysDeciple wrote:And how are we jacking the thread? As mods it is our right to post on the behaviour of children, I mean forumites.
Because i made a formal complaint to the mod on the thread jacker. This was made via PM.

I would expect a reply via PM and not have mods contribute to the wrecking of a football thread.

I was warned last week - i accepted that as fair enough. i was wrong to abuse plugger66 and wont be breaking forum rules again.

What I wont accept is that I now play exactly by forum rules and get accused of abuse and called a bloody child.

Aren't you blokes supposed to enforce the forum rules?

Why wont you stop the jacking of threads by the usual SUSPECT???

It is destroying the football forum and the place is losing good contributers.

You have heard this before from members who have now left.

how many have to leave before you blokes do something about the problem?

You arent going to break forum rules again. I will have my say then. JB is an idiot. :wink:

Ps I am only joking. Hopefully we can have some good debate without argueing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:P
Last edited by matrix on Sun 05 Apr 2009 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Am I being too harsh or is there merit in my thoughts?
no. i noticed a similar effect when plugger left.

someone will step up to fill the breach and at this early stage it looks like dal has put his hand up.

which isn't to say that banger wasn't one of our great champions.
bigcarl - plugger was reviered by the supporters but never loved the way Harv's was.

Harv's was possibly our greatest player and along with Trevor Barker mabye our greatest clubman (all very subjective but you get my drift).

But you are correct - from the plugger trade we received some bloody good dps who were the core that got us to the 1997 GF.

great of the club leave or retire - however the club stays on. Mabye the culture and attitude of the players also change with the old guard moving on as well.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You arent going to break forum rules again. I will have my say then. JB is an idiot. :wink:

Ps I am only joking. Hopefully we can have some good debate without argueing.
plugger66 I was wrong to abuse you last week and deserved a warning.

You are entitled to your opinion and in future if i think you are not correct - I will disagree but with decency and courtesy (i'll try anyway :D )

I did notice you contributed to this thread. i cant remember your thread last year but I think the topic is an important one to debate.

Many think my premis wrong and fair enough - we shall see in the fullness of time.

Lance or James??