ZAC story - Saints.com

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ZAC story - Saints.com

savatage
SS Life Member

Great....another getting ahead of ourselves puff piece from Saints.com.au

Full credit to Zac Dawson - but give me 10 consistent weeks before we start blowing smoke up his or any other player's arse.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

savatage wrote:Great....another getting ahead of ourselves puff piece from Saints.com.au

Full credit to Zac Dawson - but give me 10 consistent weeks before we start blowing smoke up his or any other player's arse.
So, you'd prefer to read nothing about any St Kilda players until half way through the year?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Great....another getting ahead of ourselves puff piece from Saints.com.au

Fair call.

Looks to be a lot better prepared than when he was with the Hawks. Has a real opportunity right now.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
savatage
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:

So, you'd prefer to read nothing about any St Kilda players until half way through the year?
I'd prefer less reactive articles. If he or the club has a shocker this week then it all means nothing.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Read the article?

It's about how he almost turned down a spot on the rookie list after the experience with Hawthorn, and how he had a bit to prove to himself in his first AFL game since 2006 as a result.

Puff piece perhaps, but you could say that about most player focused articles at this time of year... but a distinct lack of smoke blowing.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
savatage
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

Read the article?

It's about how he almost turned down a spot on the rookie list after the experience with Hawthorn, and how he had a bit to prove to himself in his first AFL game since 2006 as a result.

Puff piece perhaps, but you could say that about most player focused articles at this time of year... but a distinct lack of smoke blowing.
I'm not here to argue & of course I read the article - but if Zac didn't hold up well last week then there'd be no article this week. I'm just glad Ross Lyon keeps things in perspective at the club.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

Fair call.

Looks to be a lot better prepared than when he was with the Hawks. Has a real opportunity right now.
and his time at the hawks wasn't???

any opportunity to play the highest level of anything is a real opportunity one would have thought

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

get a grip, nobody is blowing smoke up his way. It's just a factual piece about how he felt getting delisted and then relisted

savatage
SS Life Member

Mate my grip is fine - I saw it differently.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

No smoke.