Nice story about Sydney's loss in The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:What could you really report about the game?

One of the worst 'spectacles' I've seen, played by two ordinary sides in front of a tiny crowd of what appeared to be quite disinterested supporters.

Only 145 points scores, mindless tactics preventing good footballers from playing good footy.
I'd give more than a passing mention to the team that kicked eleven unanswered goals

yeah. i thought that was pretty smick.......gave me something to smile about....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

When has a newspaper report ever given an accurate report of an AFL game.

We can't even agree on what happened, on this forum, how can anyone expect a newspaper to get it right?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I didn't find it all boring, I would also be lying if I didn't mention that I was also surprised by the intensity shown.

There was high flying marks, a ripper goal from McQualter, Joey and his little man anger, breaking records keeping the Swans scoreless, Barry mounting frustration which was humorous....and much much more.

ctqs
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:What could you really report about the game?

One of the worst 'spectacles' I've seen, played by two ordinary sides in front of a tiny crowd of what appeared to be quite disinterested supporters.

Only 145 points scores, mindless tactics preventing good footballers from playing good footy.
Were you at the game? It was a great contest. It didn't allow for free-flowing football. Sydney is a team that tries to choke the life out of any opposition and we dominated for more than half the game. They got back into when we took our foot off their throat. That was because we were one man down on the bench - effectively two when Roo came off as a precaution.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I didn't find it all boring, I would also be lying if I didn't mention that I was also surprised by the intensity shown.

There was high flying marks, a ripper goal from McQualter, Joey and his little man anger, breaking records keeping the Swans scoreless, Barry mounting frustration which was humorous....and much much more.

i loved mini's banger like evasive skills......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Is Richard Hinds a Sydney based AFL reporter for Fairfax?

I don't know if he is Sydney-based but the seems to be the lead AFL writer for the SMH and Sun-Herald. The story appeared in full in the S-H on Sunday.

Obviously written for a Sydney audience in any case.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Win #1 -doesn't matter how, lets move onto the next win and eventually the finals and have another crack at a flag.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I didn't find it all boring, I would also be lying if I didn't mention that I was also surprised by the intensity shown.

i loved mini's banger like evasive skills......
That and the two big marks (one by Jolly, followed by the one by Kosi) were my highlights of the game.

Mini was known as such because everyone reckoned he was a mini bj. Well he has been turned into a tagger (mainly due to his in and under work) and has been asked to sacrifice his own game for the good of the team. The blind turn and evasive skills to kick that goal was just a reminder that McQualter has some very nice footballing skills.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yep
one of the worst spectacles i have seen
a 11 goal to nuthing run
pathetic
i was so bored
:roll: