What is going to happen this friday night?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jakestar1234567

What is going to happen this friday night?

Want to hear fellow sainters opinions for this coming friday nights match against the crows.
What do you guys think?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

For a start I will be one of those impatient and frustrated saints fans. Ch 7, in their infinate wisdom have decided to delay it by 1/2 hour. I doubt I have the patience to stay away from the radio/computer.

As for the game. We will win a close one by 8 points !!
Last edited by Eastern on Sun 29 Mar 2009 7:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

one team will win, either us or them, possibly a draw but i doubt it. thats all i know so far.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:one team will win, either us or them, possibly a draw but i doubt it. thats all i know so far.
Not a bad effort for you dools

Bring back the Lockett era
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Will Hayes play ?
Gwilt and jones maybe looking a little nervous.
Kosi roaming around half back. Lynch and Heyne and Hayes in for Clarke, Gwilt and Jones.
Win the bloody game.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lenny said on MMM last night that he will definately play. Others (on here) have said he is 50/50 !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote: Win the bloody game.
sounds like a good banner slogan

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:For a start I will be one of those impatient and frustrated saints fans. Ch 7, in their infinate wisdom have decided to delay it by 1/2 hour. I doubt I have the patience to stay away from the radio/computer.

Agree with you on that.....but it's crap listening on radio - makes watching the TV version just an effective replay.

...just gotta hope you can block out the outside world from 8.10pm Melbourne time to 11.20pm ish and "pretent" it's live, but it can seem a bit hollow and hard to get excited about.

...now how can I pick up a live feed from Adelaide???

Milne
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
someone will probably be streaming it on justin.tv

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

To state the obvious, we need to play 4 quarters given Adelaide have made a habit of resurging just when you think they have been put away.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:To state the obvious, we need to play 4 quarters given Adelaide have made a habit of resurging just when you think they have been put away.
Sometimes you gotta state the obvious on here. :lol:

Gotts keep Mc Cloud out of the game somehow.

We'll win.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno
ill be in a corp box eating free pies and sandwiches proudly dressed head to toe in saints gear.....surrounded by crows fans.
and yeah, stop mcleod.
baker???

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:For a start I will be one of those impatient and frustrated saints fans. Ch 7, in their infinate wisdom have decided to delay it by 1/2 hour. I doubt I have the patience to stay away from the radio/computer.

Agree with you on that.....but it's crap listening on radio - makes watching the TV version just an effective replay.

...just gotta hope you can block out the outside world from 8.10pm Melbourne time to 11.20pm ish and "pretent" it's live, but it can seem a bit hollow and hard to get excited about.

Agreed...no way will I be going to the social club or anywhere else. Its easy at home to just pretend its live and avoid radios, texts etc.

Radio of interstate games is NOT an option. Biased rubbish

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Agreed...no way will I be going to the social club or anywhere else. Its easy at home to just pretend its live and avoid radios, texts etc.

Radio of interstate games is NOT an option. Biased rubbish
LOL
the crows and power fans over here say EXACTLY the same thing about vic radio commentators.
i dont see it myself.....

but i cant listen to cornes or kg....sheeeesh..one eyed like a cyclops without an asshole

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Longwayfromhome wrote: Win the bloody game.
sounds like a good banner slogan

I'll go along with that. I would love to see just that on a banner.

What will be next from this club ?
henno
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:To state the obvious, we need to play 4 quarters given Adelaide have made a habit of resurging just when you think they have been put away.
Sometimes you gotta state the obvious on here. :lol:

Gotts keep Mc Cloud out of the game somehow.

We'll win.
paging steven baker...

lovedal26
Club Player

it says on the footy fixure that it is a 8:10 start in adelaide
and its on channel 7 at 8:30 in melbourne
so doesnt that mean its live because we are half and hour in front of adelaide? :S

nick dal santo #26
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tougher match then initially thought

a lot of ppl expect the crows to slide this seaspn but they put in a decent performance against the pies and this match will be no cake walk

that being said, they struggle with us... have for a long time. The loss of Raph will be huge as we'll need all the run we can get of the back flank and we desperately need his skills in the air; Gwilt's an ok replacement but simple doesn't provide the run and X doesn't have the defensive skills.
The other factor is that Raph frees up either Fisher or Goddard and we need the extra run.

While the Crows have a decent spine by all means, their marking forwards are not intimidating and will not win them the game, esp with Burton out so if they win, I'd expect their running players to kick goals.

Geary and Jones will stay in the team and don't be surprised to see Baker tagging Mcleod on our HFF. Johncock will be a big inclusion for them and on the side, I have a lot of respect for Goodwin, who I hope we have a contingency plan for (excellent player)

Touch wood Lenny will be a big inclusion, especially if Thompson plays this week.
At this stage, I'd almost rather have Eddy in the team then X, we just can't afford to take the risk of him breaking down in this game or X being phased out when the heat is applied (which he has done b4)... Eddy is just a bit more consistant.

My gut feeling says that at home the Crows pbly have the edge, but if we show up to play from the opening bounce it'll be a close game where we'll overrun them in the end... can't afford to give them a 5 goal head start though

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="matrixcutter"]
but i cant listen to cornes or kg....sheeeesh..one eyed like a cyclops without an asshole[/quote]

I can't listen to Cornes either, she always gets it wrong, but I can look at her.
Oops no. That was his wife, Cornes Flakes, the politician.
Can't listen to him or look at him and he always gets it wrong.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA