Scarves looked good

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Scarves looked good

I didn't like my members scarf when I received it by post earlier this year (at least we interstaters get our scarves and caps sent to us).

I thought it had too much white in it......... and thought it was more white, red and black, than the tradional red, white and black.

But take a bow you mob at the Dome tonight....the Saints members scarves really stood out fantastically when they were shown on supporters en masse.

The TV image beamed to us in WA showed the scarves appearing very dominant. What a handsome, white, red and black, red, white and black mob you looked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like my scarf now....cause I know I will look as good as you in the East :wink: :wink: :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

my thoughts about the white dominance were the same Loris

but after seeing them enmasse at family day and again tonight they look great.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Totally agree, not a fan of white, but on mass, looks awsome. Now love my scarfe. Go Saints.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

agreed , saw a shot on TV of the scarves ,,, looked great ,,, especially on Ms Poland.

They sent hats ??? I thought it was only scarves .

What will be next from this club ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:agreed , saw a shot on TV of the scarves ,,, looked great ,,, especially on Ms Poland.

They sent hats ??? I thought it was only scarves .

hats for those with either reserved seats or social club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
jk23
Club Player

When we walked back to the carpark I saw Archie going into the rooms and he had his scarve on too.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I actually disagree here
on the coverage last night I taped, from a distance it looked very Geelong :cry:

Before Im 85
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Scarves looked good

loris wrote:I didn't like my members scarf when I received it by post earlier this year (at least we interstaters get our scarves and caps sent to us).

I thought it had too much white in it......... and thought it was more white, red and black, than the tradional red, white and black.

But take a bow you mob at the Dome tonight....the Saints members scarves really stood out fantastically when they were shown on supporters en masse.

The TV image beamed to us in WA showed the scarves appearing very dominant. What a handsome, white, red and black, red, white and black mob you looked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like my scarf now....cause I know I will look as good as you in the East :wink: :wink: :wink:
yes...yes...but being the oracle on English language even ewed know its "tradiTional"

Just chipping in with the big issues that is all. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:I actually disagree here
on the coverage last night I taped, from a distance it looked very Geelong :cry:
Agree - I saw them and even being an 09 member I won't bother collecting. They look ordinary and I'll stick with the 08 version which IMO looks much better.

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Way too much white

I must admit at the ground they looked ordinary from a distance and also up close

saint4life
SaintDebi
Club Player

Funny. Maybe I saw different footage. Haven't watched the tape of the game yet, but looking up at the big screen at the ground I commented to hubby that we looked a bit too "Collingwood" for my liking.

jk23
Club Player

I removed the white tassels and put the red white & black ones on it from last years and it looks alot better....

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Just do what Baker did with his white boots last night,colour them black with texter. Hilarious. Anyone notice?

Bring back the Lockett era
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

jk23 wrote:I removed the white tassels and put the red white & black ones on it from last years and it looks alot better....
Very good jk23, I like that idea.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
widereceiver
Club Player

I don't usually wear members scarves and hats because they are pretty cheesy in design and quality.
I don't expect something for nothing.
My view is that, like our home guernsey, our scarves should be predominantly black with white and red.

Whatever the colours, the scarves this year have little relation to wool and I reckon the tassels look more like dental floss. They are going to look like crap by the middle of winter.

There must be many thousands of scarves and caps made each year. In this global financial crisis, it would be good if the scarves and caps were manufactured in Australia rather than cheaply in a country which hasn't seen a sheep since the Han dynasty.

Finally, the lanyards are predominantly an ad for Jeldwen. Good on them for their sponsorship of the Saints but they don't sponsor me, they should keep their frikkin' logos off my lanyard, (which is still skimpier than other clubs', fer Chrissakes!)

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Scarves are the Grouse

I have bumped this because it is worth praising again.

En mass these Scarves look the grouse. Stand out like the proverbial.

Congrats again to whomever at the club came up with this ,,

I love the idea that it is a Member Scarf with the year on it ,, very distinguished and distinguishable (theres a mouthful and a half).

I really hope they keep some sort of theme like this ,, but can we use an exact scarf for 2010 ? Or is that defeating some of the purpose :?:

What will be next from this club ?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i thought
"christ! :shock: thats gonna stay clean for about 15 mins i better not wear it and wear an old one."
looks great hanging down off the bookcase :)
and scouts honor i dont wear it in the lounge when watching us on the goggle box

asiu

Agree - I saw them and even being an 09 member I won't bother collecting.

tef ,

i've already given away aok's to an 2010 member ....she looks great in it (and loves it )

wanna collect (and pass on to me) so i can set up another for a '10 membership

they look goddam sexy on the womenfolk i reckon.....(and they seem to agree)

all for the cause !!!!! :)

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I fully concur Gaz, looks very good on the fairer gender. Of course I am talking strictly in terms of being worn in the privacy of the home when the opportunity is there to wear it in isolation, sans other garments (only so that nothing else attracts the eye away from it's magnificence of course). I have advanced a theory that post 09 GF it may become the lingerie de rigeur for the "in" crowd, replacing more traditional satin and lace garments. :wink: :wink:

NOTE - sorry, edited to something resembling emglish. Posted from a Sydney airport lounge computer earlier and something went kaput.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Thu 16 Jul 2009 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
GrumpyOne

True Believer wrote:I fully concur Gaz, looks very good on the fairer gender. Of course I am talking strictly in terms of being worn in the privacy of the home when the opportunity is there to wear it in isolation, sans other garments'eye away from it's magnificence. I have advanced a theory that post 09 GF it may become the lingerie de rigeur for the "in" crowd, replacing more traditional satin and lace garments. :wink: :wink:
Makes an excellent mankini too........... So I am told. :oops: