Grant Thomas v Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Loyal
Club Player

hutchy has been plugged across the baseline.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It was an impressive debut considering how nervous he was...

i don't thin there was any obvious tension, it's just the culture of the show that they egg each other on and push for clarification and explanation, and ridicule to get "the tough answers"

Loyal
Club Player

show is a joke i rate sleep more highly over screening on a network that is less and less relevent with the passing of each and every consecutive season.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:hutchy has been plugged across the baseline.
In my opinion Hutchy is a carp journalist. The worst kind of tabloid gutter snipe.

No that that's off my chest - GT did quite well. The comment I found most interesting was in the conversation about Cousins coming to St Kilda. GT made the comment that the Saints have had a long history of the proclaiming the individual. Something that has been discussed on here many times. He also commented on the culture being still a work in progress (my words not his).

I think this has hit the nail on the head. Saints have as much raw talent as most teams - at least within some acceptable tolerance. The difference is how we approach winning and losing. That's what we need to build and that takes time. If we win a flag in the next 3 years that would an amazing effort - I think it's more likely to be 3+ years given how deeply ingrained the culture is at the club. The current group of players are doing all they can I'm sure, but it takes more than cattle....and right now I dont think we have all the ingredients.

Having said that - anything can happen, and things can change quickly. I still go into 2009 full of hope and optimism. ;)

Loyal
Club Player

and that is a perfectly reasonable opinion fingers.
i reckon the club itself is in the best position it has been in for forty years.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:channel nine is a running joke within the industry.
and channel 7 isn't??? the kiss ass lets make a new garden for a family who's son lost a finger network???

or lets get the prime minister on for an hour to promote his economic policies....get all tits no brains to compare the show and a bald guy that once was respected as a financial commentator...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

In my opinion Hutchy is a carp journalist.
Now that is a bit fishy... :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
fingers wrote:

In my opinion Hutchy is a carp journalist.
Now that is a bit fishy... :wink:
Sorry LOL :D Maybe I was distracted by his mullet.

Loyal
Club Player

SP.
seven and stokes are bent over ROFLing at the sound of just three words - the footy show.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:SP.
seven and stokes are bent over ROFLing at the sound of just three words - the footy show.
Yep they cannot stop laughing at a show that has gone for 15 years and still easily wins the ratings.

Loyal
Club Player

clay smudgestick wouldn't know a story if it was up him.

Loyal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Yep they cannot stop laughing at a show that has gone for 15 years and still easily wins the ratings.
in the process of allowing seven to win the ratings overall, please :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So the footy show which easily won it ratings helped 7 win the ratings for the year. I have one question for you, have you got any idea at all.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
you make no sense....

Loyal
Club Player

you just keep believing that nine are still the one and i'll get back to you about foxtel okee...?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:you just keep believing that nine are still the one and i'll get back to you about foxtel okee...?
Did i say that. I dont think so. What I said is do you have any idea and based on your posts you dont need to answer that.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:you just keep believing that nine are still the one and i'll get back to you about foxtel okee...?
what does foxtel have to do with nine and seven

this was about nine and seven...not foxtel

Loyal
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:what does foxtel have to do with nine and seven
if you have to ask then you clearly dont know.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:
In my opinion Hutchy is a carp journalist. The worst kind of tabloid gutter snipe.

No that that's off my chest - GT did quite well. The comment I found most interesting was in the conversation about Cousins coming to St Kilda. GT made the comment that the Saints have had a long history of the proclaiming the individual. Something that has been discussed on here many times. He also commented on the culture being still a work in progress (my words not his).

I think this has hit the nail on the head. Saints have as much raw talent as most teams - at least within some acceptable tolerance. The difference is how we approach winning and losing. That's what we need to build and that takes time. If we win a flag in the next 3 years that would an amazing effort - I think it's more likely to be 3+ years given how deeply ingrained the culture is at the club. The current group of players are doing all they can I'm sure, but it takes more than cattle....and right now I dont think we have all the ingredients.

Having said that - anything can happen, and things can change quickly. I still go into 2009 full of hope and optimism. ;)
I reckon our culture is more advanced than most give us credit for.

When was the last time we had a real off field incident from a current player?

Board is stable, as is coaching panel.

Barring Max, we now have entirely new generation coming through.

Someone mentioned this new era once HArvey rtired and was shot down immediately. How prophetic.

The addition of players with GF experience is also important... and if the boys can take ownership of their future 100% as Geelong have done, then look out.

This is RL's biggest test... if he can help form that bond.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
fingers wrote:

I reckon our culture is more advanced than most give us credit for.

When was the last time we had a real off field incident from a current player?

Board is stable, as is coaching panel.

Barring Max, we now have entirely new generation coming through.

Someone mentioned this new era once HArvey rtired and was shot down immediately. How prophetic.

The addition of players with GF experience is also important... and if the boys can take ownership of their future 100% as Geelong have done, then look out.

This is RL's biggest test... if he can help form that bond.
I don't disagree with you. I think our culture is far more advanced as you say. I just don't think it's quite where we need it to be. I love the fact that we haven't had any off field problems recently (Milney, Joey, G-train allegedly). We keep our nose quite clean.

I think the chance to build upon Harvey leaving rather than seeing it as only a hole is a big one.

I like the fact that we are stable off field and in our coach.

I'm not sure that you can say we have a new generation coming through - are Roo, Dal, BJ, Milne, Kosi new generation? Maybe. maybe not. I'm not sure.

I do think that we are missing the one thing that galvanises a team and makes them bloody-minded about achieving success. I think Geelong have it. I think Hawthorn have it. And I think this is one of the things that culture gets built around. Not the only thing. We tick a lot of the boxes. I'm not sure we have enough ticked at the moment to go all the way.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
what does foxtel have to do with nine and seven

this was about nine and seven...not foxtel
I actually thought it was about grant thomas on Footy Classified.

Really the feigned agression on that show is laughable. I watched to see if Gt and Caro would have a go, but unfortunately they sorted that out and their routines prior to the show.

His comments on not getting Cousins was interesting and plausible.

His comments of "training services" was bizarre considering his stubborness probably cost the club a flag due to his mismanagement of this vital issue.

Not suprised he supported Vlad Dimwit. these Alpha male, dominate ape, types sticktogether even when they have disagreements amongst themselves.

Once again confirmed that he would never coach again - even joked about knocking back Beaumaurice (sic?) juniors who he reckons were the only caller.

All in all not a bad start from GT. Always found his commnets interesting and he was the best of the four last night.

Loyal - WTF are you on about?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Loyal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
you make no sense....
It's a reasonable suggestion that Channel 9s 'The Footy Show' is a big free ad for Channel 7's coverage of the game itself.

Loyal
Club Player

^^^
joffaboy wrote:Loyal - WTF are you on about?
i think i love you roger

markp
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:^^^
joffaboy wrote:Loyal - WTF are you on about?
i think i love you roger

Alas, his heart belongs to another..... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

Obviously wanting a big reaction, however, Grant turned it around and said it was a very good decision - one that needed to be done, as the club has lacked stability over the years.

he's too smart for those wankers...and i'm including caro in that definition....although the image it creates doesn't bear thinking about.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.