Grant Thomas v Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas v Caroline Wilson

10.40 pm on 9

Could be interesting!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Batnoe

Opposition forum??

GT is no longer Saints news

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

He's gone..move on 8-)

..and Im tipping the Saints will be brought up in Ep 1 somewhere

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

its going to be great...cant wait to download it

he is an antagonistic prick and rightly or wrongly has an opinion which far too few have

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:its going to be great...cant wait to download it

he is an antagonistic prick and rightly or wrongly has an opinion which far too few have

and a good bloke to boot.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

someone post a report...i can't bear looking at that hag...... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Personally, Im not a real Grant fan, but he has actually had some quite intelligent input into the show, including his reasons as to why stkilda made the right choice regarding cousins;

He said that we are still in our "culture infancy", and it was not right to bring such a big player into a side that already relied on too many "individuals." He went on to say that this is why he thinks we have struggled to make a premiership - our culture, compared to that of Hawthorn, is not strong, and demanding of a prem.

The other thing he has said, which i thought quite funny, is that he thinks that conditioning staff are one of the most overrated people at a football club!!!! FIGURES!! lol

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

softly- softly from Grant and Caro- despite huchy trying to stir :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

Obviously wanting a big reaction, however, Grant turned it around and said it was a very good decision - one that needed to be done, as the club has lacked stability over the years.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

thirty-seven!? wrote:Personally, Im not a real Grant fan, but he has actually had some quite intelligent input into the show, including his reasons as to why stkilda made the right choice regarding cousins;

He said that we are still in our "culture infancy", and it was not right to bring such a big player into a side that already relied on too many "individuals." He went on to say that this is why he thinks we have struggled to make a premiership - our culture, compared to that of Hawthorn, is not strong, and demanding of a prem.

The other thing he has said, which i thought quite funny, is that he thinks that conditioning staff are one of the most overrated people at a football club!!!! FIGURES!! lol
His point about worshiping individuals was quite valid, and explains why we've lacked success.

I recall some of us getting torn down making the same point.

As far his comments on conditioning staff go... well, we won a lot of flags under him because we had our best 22 on the park at all times. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:someone post a report...i can't bear looking at that hag...... :evil:
Tell her to go to bed. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintstime
Club Player

I was very impressed by grant's answer, although I really can't stand carro, Grant has done a good job keeping his job

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Hutchy just announced that Lenny will most likely miss the game due to a hamstring injury he picked up 2 weeks ago?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Personally, Im not a real Grant fan, but he has actually had some quite intelligent input into the show, including his reasons as to why stkilda made the right choice regarding cousins;

His point about worshiping individuals was quite valid, and explains why we've lacked success.

I recall some of us getting torn down making the same point.

As far his comments on conditioning staff go... well, we won a lot of flags under him because we had our best 22 on the park at all times. :roll:
yep thought Grant answered that well - we do have a culture of individuals and honestly if we talk about Geelongs improvements from 2006 to the flag it can be seen in the way they played as a team.

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintstime wrote:I was very impressed by grant's answer, although I really can't stand carro, Grant has done a good job keeping his job
meh, I'd take Caro anyday. I reckon she did ok.

Frankly, for a first up performance, they should have kept Archer.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

where can it be downloaded?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

Obviously wanting a big reaction, however, Grant turned it around and said it was a very good decision - one that needed to be done, as the club has lacked stability over the years.
I doubt they were trying to stir him up. GT tried to poach RL as an assistant coach and spoken about him in favourable terms many times.

And the desperation of some people trying to discredit GT is just astonishing. Still. Absolutely mind-bending.

Not two bad words are spoken about Tim Watson, even fewer about Stan Alves, Ken Sheldon, etc. Should we go back to the 80s and 70s? Honestly.

Time to grow up on that issue - in a big way.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:They just trying stirring Grant by saying, "Was it a bad idea of the Saints to extend Ross Lyon's contract?"

I doubt they were trying to stir him up. GT tried to poach RL as an assistant coach and spoken about him in favourable terms many times.

And the desperation of some people trying to discredit GT is just astonishing. Still. Absolutely mind-bending.

Not two bad words are spoken about Tim Watson, even fewer about Stan Alves, Ken Sheldon, etc. Should we go back to the 80s and 70s? Honestly.

Time to grow up on that issue - in a big way.
Watson had the integrity to realize he wasn't the right man for the job, and duly resigned... and didn't sue us afterwards for annual leave.

Stan should never had been sacked... nor Sheldon for that matter.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the heads up barks at 10:35pm that it was on!!!

I didn't realise the show had began again this year - lack of promos? Or haven't I watched Channel 9 much??

Anyway, back to Thommo - for him to say conditioning staff are overrated is to divert the real reason for his failure.....I guess he had to say that to protect himself. We all know the truth!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Thanks for the heads up barks at 10:35pm that it was on!!!

I didn't realise the show had began again this year - lack of promos? Or haven't I watched Channel 9 much??

Anyway, back to Thommo - for him to say conditioning staff are overrated is to divert the real reason for his failure.....I guess he had to say that to protect himself. We all know the truth!
no worries, thought a few on here might have forgotten,

I thought he acquitted himself quite well on the show and the body language between him and CW was interesting,

I liked how in response to a point from CW, GT replied along the lines,
"this would one of the very few times that I would agree with you"

The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach,

I know I've said it before but the fact is the i's were not dotted and the t's not crossed and this non attention to detail was IMHO the thing that derailed Thomas's tank engine and not his relationship with Butterss!

I also did not agree with his comments about Demetriou, you'd be forgiven for thinking that they have met up recently and patched up any differences because they were surprisingly supportive.

I'm sure once the Fuhrer heard about Grant getting a gig on TV, he was invited for a meet and buttered up accordingly!

Having said all that, I thought he made the show more interesting and handled himself very well!

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Thanks for the heads up barks at 10:35pm that it was on!!!

no worries, thought a few on here might have forgotten,

I thought he acquitted himself quite well on the show and the body language between him and CW was interesting,

I liked how in response to a point from CW, GT replied along the lines,
"this would one of the very few times that I would agree with you"

The comment about conditioning staff being overrated was quite damning, afterall IMHO, this is the thing that cost him the glory of being a premiership coach,

I know I've said it before but the fact is the i's were not dotted and the t's not crossed and this non attention to detail was IMHO the thing that derailed Thomas's tank engine and not his relationship with Butterss!

I also did not agree with his comments about Demetriou, you'd be forgiven for thinking that they have met up recently and patched up any differences because they were surprisingly supportive.

I'm sure once the Fuhrer heard about Grant getting a gig on TV, he was invited for a meet and buttered up accordingly!

Having said all that, I thought he made the show more interesting and handled himself very well!
Sorry, I could have sworn you just wrote a positive post about Grant Thomas.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:

I don't dislike Thomas, I was annoyed by quite a few things that I thought he was neglecting that I believe ultimately cost him his job!

I wanted Grant Thomas to be a premiership coach at St Kilda!

On last night's show, he revealed that he thought that conditioning staff were overrated etc...etc...

This is quite damning because it was IMHO, possibly this very issue that cost him being a premiership coach,

and if you dig deeper,.......... :?

and YES I received some inside INFO ( as I'm sure quite a few on here do ) about this negligence in relation to this issue during his tenure, stuff I could not post on the forum,

It was very frustrating particularly when IMHO, this is what cost St Kilda a premiership and Thomas his chance of being a premiership coach!

Loyal
Club Player

channel nine is a running joke within the industry.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
B W and R all over wrote:

I don't dislike Thomas, I was annoyed by quite a few things that I thought he was neglecting that I believe ultimately cost him his job!

I wanted Grant Thomas to be a premiership coach at St Kilda!

On last night's show, he revealed that he thought that conditioning staff were overrated etc...etc...

This is quite damning because it was IMHO, possibly this very issue that cost him being a premiership coach,

and if you dig deeper,.......... :?

and YES I received some inside INFO ( as I'm sure quite a few on here do ) about this negligence in relation to this issue during his tenure, stuff I could not post on the forum,

It was very frustrating particularly when IMHO, this is what cost St Kilda a premiership and Thomas his chance of being a premiership coach!
Interesting that GT said that about the conditioning staff, maybe if he had of taken more notice of them we wouldn't have had so many injuries. From what I have heard they were over ridden many times in GT's time.

Aside from that there was obvious tension between him and Caro, little digs here and there. Quite amusing really.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
Interesting that GT said that about the conditioning staff, maybe if he had of taken more notice of them we wouldn't have had so many injuries.
We have a few soft tissue injuries right now.