Resignation of Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintlee
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Just received this email from Archie:-
Dear Loyal Member,
After four years as your CEO, today I've made the decision to leave our great Club for a new opportunity to lead the Hyundai A-League competition. I wanted you to be among the first to know – as I click send on this email I'm about to walk out the door to brief the media.
It's with a heavy heart that I leave the Club and people that I've grown to love like family.
This wasn't an easy decision for me to make but when I weighed it up – to run an entire league and return to the game that I played for so many years and have a long history with - it was an opportunity that I couldn't refuse.
I know that life as a Saints supporter is rarely an easy one – riding the ups and downs, the elation and the disappointment, but that's what makes you great. You stand by your team through thick and thin and your loyalty is unlike anything I've seen before. You are the lifeblood of this Club and you deserve to be rewarded.
I realise that many of you will be disappointed in my decision but it's one that I didn't take lightly and I hope you can be happy for me and the opportunities that lay ahead.
From a Club perspective I'm confident that we've now built a organisation that will stand the test of time and deliver success into the future. We've guaranteed our future in Melbourne and a long-term state-of-the-art training base in Frankston. We invested heavily in the football department and fitness capabilities. Our players are seeing and feeling the results and hopefully this shines through in the 2009 season.
You now have a dedicated, professional and focused Board that have committed to putting 'Footy First" in everything they do. They understand football and commercial workings and will govern the Club through a new era.
I'll greatly miss the Club and you, the supporters. I wish you all the success the future can provide and thank you for your support over the last four years.
It's been great to part of YOUR Club.
Regards,
Archie Fraser

So what has happened to Ben Buckley, CEO of the A-League?
Isn't the A-League hq in Sydney?
What happened to Seaford?
Same place, Archie often refers to Belvedere Park as being in Frankston, even though it is located in Seaford.....

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Rumolal wrote:barks,
I am a regular reader of this forum and have quite frankly had enough of your constant criticism of the club. Trevor Barker was known for his loyalty to this club through times that were a lot tougher than they are right now. He stood firm. I suggest you either change your signature so that the word barks does not appear or do as you suggest the board should do 'piss off'. The great Jack Barker would think it a disgrace that you link the barks name to such anti saint vitriol.
Is that you Archie? Most poignant post I've read for a long long time.

What about Archie4eva :lol:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Personally I would like to thank Archie for what he had done for our great club, he has been a great CEO for us and keept the club going through some very difficult times. He has made himself accessable to the fans, what other CEO has done this? All the best Archie in your new position.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
I am a regular reader of this forum and have quite frankly had enough of your constant criticism of the club. Trevor Barker was known for his loyalty to this club through times that were a lot tougher than they are right now. He stood firm. I suggest you either change your signature so that the word barks does not appear or do as you suggest the board should do 'piss off'. The great Jack Barker would think it a disgrace that you link the barks name to such anti saint vitriol.
Is that you Archie? Most poignant post I've read for a long long time.

What about Archie4eva :lol:

i have been suggesting the same thing.....along with other suggestions ...for years......... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Given the season is upon us, I wonder if push came to shove? Why else would you resign so close to the start of the season?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Personally I would like to thank Archie for what he had done for our great club, he has been a great CEO for us and keept the club going through some very difficult times. He has made himself accessable to the fans, what other CEO has done this? All the best Archie in your new position.

well.......his timing stinks.....you don't walk out on a footy club on the eve of a new season......imhfo...that is.....

saintlee
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Personally I would like to thank Archie for what he had done for our great club, he has been a great CEO for us and keept the club going through some very difficult times. He has made himself accessable to the fans, what other CEO has done this? All the best Archie in your new position.
I agree Saint Bev, good luck to him...
Last edited by saintlee on Wed 25 Feb 2009 3:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:other interests my fat aunt........gold coast here he comes....f****** ten bob tourist.......good riddance i say....wonder how many of the saints players the arsehole tries to steal....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I hope you enjoy wiping that egg off your face :oops:

Arch is apparently off to lead the A-League in an FFA restructure. Good on him I say. He's always loved the round ball game and it's an exciting opportunity that we'd all take if in his position.

No wonder our fans have such a shithouse reputation with our so called "supporters" slagging off the club and its leaders at any opportunity. Get the facts before shooting your mouth off, otherwise you'll look like the ill-informed tosser that you've proven yourself to be!

.mods.....give this troll a warning ...no ...a warning is not enough....i consider that post offensive........anybody who suggests that i would take a job in flowering soccer should be banned, ffs........... :evil: :evil: :evil:

shithouse reputation......with whom????/.......and you call me a tosser.....troll
Well he isnt wrong. Can you get a warning for being right. I suppose the tribunal is suspending players for accidents so maybe you can get a warning for being right.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Welcome aboard ( or is that jumping ship ) and now that you've managed to leave your closet, I do care to remind you that my criticism's are based on the fact that I absolutely love this club, a club which my Great Great Grandfather followed in the 1870's!

You probably don't know this yet, but I am a visionary and after having consulted the tarot, read the tea leaves and done a lot of peyote drinking in the desert with a master shaman, I am of the firm unquestionable belief that this course that the current board have steered us onto in locating an AFL club in the backblocks of Seaford is a recipe for disaster and because of my great love for this club, it would be derelict of me if I were to just sit back, say nothing and just watch on while the architects of the St kilda football club's doom are left to peddle their buffoonery.

Besides, Sherlock, it isn't anti Saints vitriol as you put it, something I shouldn't have to explain to the likes of you, my venom if that's what you deem it to be, is directed solely at the current board for sending the club to Siberia!
Last edited by barks4eva on Wed 25 Feb 2009 3:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Wow. I am surprised that Archie resigned. I didn't see this coming.
Good luck to him in the future and thanks for everything.
Go Saints!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:other interests my fat aunt........gold coast here he comes....f****** ten bob tourist.......good riddance i say....wonder how many of the saints players the arsehole tries to steal....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I hope you enjoy wiping that egg off your face :oops:

Arch is apparently off to lead the A-League in an FFA restructure. Good on him I say. He's always loved the round ball game and it's an exciting opportunity that we'd all take if in his position.

No wonder our fans have such a shithouse reputation with our so called "supporters" slagging off the club and its leaders at any opportunity. Get the facts before shooting your mouth off, otherwise you'll look like the ill-informed tosser that you've proven yourself to be!

.mods.....give this troll a warning ...no ...a warning is not enough....i consider that post offensive........anybody who suggests that i would take a job in flowering soccer should be banned, ffs........... :evil: :evil: :evil:

shithouse reputation......with whom????/.......and you call me a tosser.....troll
Well he isnt wrong. Can you get a warning for being right. I suppose the tribunal is suspending players for accidents so maybe you can get a warning for being right.

the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

i would have my balls removed first....then i would only be interested if i could disband the code.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

redemption

Mr Magic wrote:So what has happened to Ben Buckley, CEO of the A-League?
Isn't the A-League hq in Sydney?
Buckley is CEO of the FFA
Archie will head up the A-League (domestic competition as opposed to Socceroos, internationals etc...)

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:We have had some good CEO's that have gone to bigger things

Waldrons decision to join the Storm was the right move for him, Archie to go to A league could be good for him as is is still a new sport in Aus with a lot of growth

the decision is now who are we capable of getting? We want profile!!

Can John Howard do this?
It wasn't Waldrons decision to leave, his position was untenable and unfortunately we had to part company. It was, however a big loss to our club.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Welcome aboard and now that you've managed to leave your closet, I do care to remind you that my criticism's are based on the fact that I absolutely love this club, a club which my Great Great Grandfather followed in the 1870's!

You probably don't know this yet, but I am a visionary and after having consulted the tarot, read the tea leaves and done a lot of peyote drinking in the desert with a master shaman, I am of the firm unquestionable belief that this course that the current board have steered us onto in locating an AFL club in the backblocks of Seaford is a recipe for disaster and because of my great love for this club, it would be derelict of me if I were to just sit back, say nothing and just watch on while the architects of the St kilda football club's doom are left to peddle their buffoonery.

Besides, Sherlock, it isn't anti Saints vitriol as you put it, something I shouldn't have to explain to the likes of you, my venom if that's what you deem it to be, is directed solely at the current board for sending the club to Siberia!
This is coming from the man who didnt even know where the sponsorship bricks were located at Moorabbin. Yes you love the club just never bothered to go in the social club at Moorabbin.

redemption

stinger wrote:the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

i would have my balls removed first....then i would only be interested if i could disband the code.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ahhh... so you're one of these myopic tossers who can't appreciate both codes? Your one-sided ranting and raving now makes a little more sense.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

Ahhh... so you're one of these myopic tossers who can't appreciate both codes? Your one-sided ranting and raving now makes a little more sense.

i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main......

anyway....

come clean....who the f*** are you clown.......archie himself?????...or just someone pissing in his pocket....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Wed 25 Feb 2009 3:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

well.......his timing stinks.....you don't walk out on a footy club on the eve of a new season......imhfo...that is.....
You take opportunities as they come up, not when it suits other people.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
redemption

stinger wrote: i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......

come cleen....who the f*** are you clown.......archie himself?????...or just someone pissing in his pocket....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
A member that is constantly amazed (but never surprised) at how fickle and volatile this place can be.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
stinger wrote:

You take opportunities as they come up, not when it suits other people.

not all of do that bev....some of us are bound by ethics and morals.......

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: You probably don't know this yet, but I am a visionary...
Hey B4E, you forgot to add "...and a tossbag of the highest order..."

saintlee
Club Player

stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main......
As a proud fan of both codes I find this comment absolutely ridiculous....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

redemption wrote:
stinger wrote: i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......

come cleen....who the f*** are you clown.......archie himself?????...or just someone pissing in his pocket....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
A member that is constantly amazed (but never surprised) at how fickle and volatile this place can be.

yeah...pull the other one.....and stop pulling the one in the middle..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

fickle my arse....i never liked archie from day one.....and have always said so.....for starters...the prick engineered the sacking of grant thomas........and he had no real love ...or understanding...of our great game......
Last edited by stinger on Wed 25 Feb 2009 3:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Whatever - we move on. Good luck Archie. Thanks for your service in what is probably a thankless job when it comes to supporters.

Good email to the members.

Now - options for CEO?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

As a proud fan of both codes I find this comment absolutely ridiculous....

but true........strike a nerve did i.......

stinger
Saintsational Legend